X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by Soulbender View Post
    I think the fact that Mebane has NOT yet signed with the Seahawks tells us Denver IS very much still in the race, PATIENCE!!
    Or vice versa he just wants them to match or better our offer

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    One question I have, is why does it appear that all the guys we want are being pursued by teams just as bad as us, but for whatever reason they have boatloads of cash?

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    The pen is probably on the sheet right now. We can always hope, but I think we long missed our chance.
    As have I, we'd have to pull rabbit out of our hat to land him.

Leave a comment:

• Soulbender
    replied
    I think the fact that Mebane has NOT yet signed with the Seahawks tells us Denver IS very much still in the race, PATIENCE!!

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    The pen is probably on the sheet right now. We can always hope, but I think we long missed our chance.
    As have I. But you never....EVER.. know

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
    Okay, but it still isn't official and it hasn't said that Denver isn't in the race.

That being said, I can see now where everyone is coming from.

Thanks Chillez.

By the way, I updated my post after you quoted me so disregard that.
    I know it's not official I never said it was. I hope hell we get Mebane I wanted him more than anyone before FA started. Np man!

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• diesel51
    replied
    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Here you go:

Seattle Seahawks Close to Deal For Brandon Mebane

Link: http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2011/0...randon-mebane/
    Okay, but it still isn't official and it hasn't said that Denver isn't in the race.

That being said, I can see now where everyone is coming from.

Thanks Chillez.

By the way, I updated my post after you quoted me so disregard that.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
    There have been all sorts of reports regarding Mebane... but none from the NFL, Seahawks, Broncos or Schefter... I'll wait until I hear something official to give up hope.
    Okay let me see if can find another report from NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    The only report I've seen on this site is a tweet that has already been confirmed by someone else that this "paticular" tweeter has been wrong like 24 times. His teammate's tweet hasn't been confirmed.

What would the hold up be?

I mean, all this nonsense that we can't sign him is false; that we're waiting on a move of Orton? Nope. False information.

So, if he was headed back to Seattle, why wouldn't it be officially announced yet?

This constant need for immediate information in the reporting age is causing A LOT of MISUNDERSTANDINGS and a LOAD of MISINFORMATION!!!
    Here you go:

Seattle Seahawks Close to Deal For Brandon Mebane

This will ease the stress of the 12th Man, for now.

The Seahawks are the reported front runners for his services and have pulled out all the stops in retaining Brandon Mebane and indications are they will reach a contract with him tonight.

Since day one of allowable negotiations Mebane’s agent has been characterizing the Seahawks’ talks with his client as the “most in depth” of any team that has approached arguably the top interior defensive lineman available.

Multiple teams have bid for his services including the division rival Rams and (former) division rival Broncos.

Barry Cofield received $36 million with $12.5 guaranteed– look for that to be a benchmark in the negotiations.

While they were busy retaining his services the Seahawks lost out on Ray Edwards to the Atlanta Falcons– although they were not reported among the top two suitors. After wrapping up Mebane I expect Pete Carroll to go hard after Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie and to pursue a new starter at safety and defensive end.
    Link: http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2011/0...randon-mebane/

Leave a comment:

• White Dragon
    replied
    Look at thread and reports around NFL. I'm not hoping my breath Mebane is coming here I was very confident yesterday not so much now. I think gets new contract and stays in Seattle.
    There have been all sorts of reports regarding Mebane... but none from the NFL, Seahawks, Broncos or Schefter... I'll wait until I hear something official to give up hope.

Leave a comment:

• diesel51
    replied
    Look at thread and reports around NFL. I'm not hoping my breath Mebane is coming here I was very confident yesterday not so much now. I think gets new contract and stays in Seattle.
    The only report I've seen on this site is a tweet that has already been confirmed by someone else that this "paticular" tweeter has been wrong like 24 times. His teammate's tweet hasn't been confirmed.

What would the hold up be?

I mean, all this nonsense that we can't sign him is false; that we're waiting on a move of Orton? Nope. False information.

Here's the latest "tweet" from roughly 4 hours ago!

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch confirms the Rams have made an offer to free agent DT Brandon Mebane.Beat writer Jim Thomas concedes the Rams are not considered the front-runner, though. Seahawks receiver Mike Williams hinted earlier in the day via Twitter that Mebane was returning to Seattle, though we've seen nothing official.
    So, if he was headed back to Seattle, why wouldn't it be officially announced yet?

This constant need for immediate information in the reporting age is causing A LOT of MISUNDERSTANDINGS and a LOAD of MISINFORMATION!!!
    Last edited by diesel51; 07-29-2011, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Seahawks WR Mike Williams on Mebane: "We've seen nothing official"

Per rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4367/brandon-mebane

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch confirms the Rams have made an offer to free agent DT Brandon Mebane.Beat writer Jim Thomas concedes the Rams are not considered the front-runner, though. Seahawks receiver Mike Williams hinted earlier in the day via Twitter that Mebane was returning to Seattle, though we've seen nothing official.
    This was posted today within recent hours. Even though it is highly likely that we have dropped out of the Mebane race it is still in effect. And there could still be an end of the day surprise. Are my hopes up? Not at all.. But are they entirely down? Thats yet to be determined...

DO WORK EFX!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Mebane isn't officially gone. People quit saying THAT!!!

Leave a comment:

• db1978
    replied
    Its tough because thats the title of this thread LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X