Mebane Officially Back with Seattle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Who might that be? Almost all good DT left are all gone....
    Outside of Mebane and Cofield who is gone?

Branch is a mid tier unproven player.
    Haynsworth was NEVER coming here.

So who is gone?
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
      Yeah... this guy is generally pretty spot on with breaking news super super early... heck he confirmed Nnamdi to the Jets last night, so he's always REALLY early with stuff.

I want to not believe him.... but I'm now figuring we're out of the race...
      Nnamdi hasn't signed anywhere so that is just his best guess

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
        Outside of Mebane and Cofield who is gone?

Branch is a mid tier unproven player.
        Haynsworth was NEVER coming here.

So who is gone?
        Cullen Jenkins wants lot more $$$ and Dallas looks like they will be signing him to contract. That leaves us with will all good DT gone, yeah FO and EFX will sign stop gap players average to below average DT that are old on decline. If want that sure same thing been happening year in and out for almost decade now. It really upsets me cause few months ago, EFX said FA they going be really busy filling some team needs they haven't done that at all, other than 1 good RB that's 29 years old. They had their chance Marvin Austin and Stephen Paea fall to our laps and we passed on both of them twice we had 2 picks in 2nd round that doesn't make much sense to me. At end of day it's their team and their expects I just thought they sign good to elite DT this year but I guess not... Here to 2012 NFL draft please draft DT early and often. Thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

• Mebane isn't officially gone. People quit saying THAT!!!
          Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
          Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
          Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

• Its tough because thats the title of this thread LOL
            “4th quarter comebacks means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.” ~Peyton

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
              Mebane isn't officially gone. People quit saying THAT!!!
              Look at thread and reports around NFL. I'm not hoping my breath Mebane is coming here I was very confident yesterday not so much now. I think gets new contract and stays in Seattle.
              sigpic

Comment

• Seahawks WR Mike Williams on Mebane: "We've seen nothing official"

Per rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4367/brandon-mebane

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch confirms the Rams have made an offer to free agent DT Brandon Mebane.Beat writer Jim Thomas concedes the Rams are not considered the front-runner, though. Seahawks receiver Mike Williams hinted earlier in the day via Twitter that Mebane was returning to Seattle, though we've seen nothing official.
                This was posted today within recent hours. Even though it is highly likely that we have dropped out of the Mebane race it is still in effect. And there could still be an end of the day surprise. Are my hopes up? Not at all.. But are they entirely down? Thats yet to be determined...

DO WORK EFX!!!!!!

Comment

Look at thread and reports around NFL. I'm not hoping my breath Mebane is coming here I was very confident yesterday not so much now. I think gets new contract and stays in Seattle.
                  The only report I've seen on this site is a tweet that has already been confirmed by someone else that this "paticular" tweeter has been wrong like 24 times. His teammate's tweet hasn't been confirmed.

What would the hold up be?

I mean, all this nonsense that we can't sign him is false; that we're waiting on a move of Orton? Nope. False information.

Here's the latest "tweet" from roughly 4 hours ago!

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch confirms the Rams have made an offer to free agent DT Brandon Mebane.Beat writer Jim Thomas concedes the Rams are not considered the front-runner, though. Seahawks receiver Mike Williams hinted earlier in the day via Twitter that Mebane was returning to Seattle, though we've seen nothing official.
                  So, if he was headed back to Seattle, why wouldn't it be officially announced yet?

This constant need for immediate information in the reporting age is causing A LOT of MISUNDERSTANDINGS and a LOAD of MISINFORMATION!!!
                  Last edited by diesel51; 07-29-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

There have been all sorts of reports regarding Mebane... but none from the NFL, Seahawks, Broncos or Schefter... I'll wait until I hear something official to give up hope.

Comment

The only report I've seen on this site is a tweet that has already been confirmed by someone else that this "paticular" tweeter has been wrong like 24 times. His teammate's tweet hasn't been confirmed.

What would the hold up be?

I mean, all this nonsense that we can't sign him is false; that we're waiting on a move of Orton? Nope. False information.

So, if he was headed back to Seattle, why wouldn't it be officially announced yet?

This constant need for immediate information in the reporting age is causing A LOT of MISUNDERSTANDINGS and a LOAD of MISINFORMATION!!!
                      Here you go:

Seattle Seahawks Close to Deal For Brandon Mebane

This will ease the stress of the 12th Man, for now.

The Seahawks are the reported front runners for his services and have pulled out all the stops in retaining Brandon Mebane and indications are they will reach a contract with him tonight.

Since day one of allowable negotiations Mebane’s agent has been characterizing the Seahawks’ talks with his client as the “most in depth” of any team that has approached arguably the top interior defensive lineman available.

Multiple teams have bid for his services including the division rival Rams and (former) division rival Broncos.

Barry Cofield received $36 million with $12.5 guaranteed– look for that to be a benchmark in the negotiations.

While they were busy retaining his services the Seahawks lost out on Ray Edwards to the Atlanta Falcons– although they were not reported among the top two suitors. After wrapping up Mebane I expect Pete Carroll to go hard after Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie and to pursue a new starter at safety and defensive end.
                      Link: http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2011/0...randon-mebane/
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                        There have been all sorts of reports regarding Mebane... but none from the NFL, Seahawks, Broncos or Schefter... I'll wait until I hear something official to give up hope.
                        Okay let me see if can find another report from NFL.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here you go:

Seattle Seahawks Close to Deal For Brandon Mebane

Link: http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2011/0...randon-mebane/
                          Okay, but it still isn't official and it hasn't said that Denver isn't in the race.

That being said, I can see now where everyone is coming from.

Thanks Chillez.

By the way, I updated my post after you quoted me so disregard that.

Comment

• The pen is probably on the sheet right now. We can always hope, but I think we long missed our chance.

Comment

Okay, but it still isn't official and it hasn't said that Denver isn't in the race.

That being said, I can see now where everyone is coming from.

Thanks Chillez.

By the way, I updated my post after you quoted me so disregard that.
                              I know it's not official I never said it was. I hope hell we get Mebane I wanted him more than anyone before FA started. Np man!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                                The pen is probably on the sheet right now. We can always hope, but I think we long missed our chance.
                                As have I. But you never....EVER.. know

Comment

Working...
                                X