No announcement yet.

Mebane Officially Back with Seattle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the fact that Mebane has NOT yet signed with the Seahawks tells us Denver IS very much still in the race, PATIENCE!!
    Even if Manning has to throw the ball underhand, the Broncos believe they have a better quarterback than the one who beat the Steelers in the playoffs last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      The pen is probably on the sheet right now. We can always hope, but I think we long missed our chance.
      As have I, we'd have to pull rabbit out of our hat to land him.
      sigpic

Comment

• One question I have, is why does it appear that all the guys we want are being pursued by teams just as bad as us, but for whatever reason they have boatloads of cash?
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Soulbender View Post
          I think the fact that Mebane has NOT yet signed with the Seahawks tells us Denver IS very much still in the race, PATIENCE!!
          Or vice versa he just wants them to match or better our offer

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            One question I have, is why does it appear that all the guys we want are being pursued by teams just as bad as us, but for whatever reason they have boatloads of cash?
            Cause starting seem like owner is getting cheaper or doesn't have cash flow we all thought he had. Who knows though...
            sigpic

Comment

• Old news again
              sigpic Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                One question I have, is why does it appear that all the guys we want are being pursued by teams just as bad as us, but for whatever reason they have boatloads of cash?
                The teams you're talking about are the players' original teams.

If the offers are close, why would the players go to the Broncos?
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  The teams you're talking about are the players' original teams.

If the offers are close, why would the players go to the Broncos?
                  They also have incredible amounts of cap to throw some insane money at. Sea for instance had 41.7m of cap money to spend

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                    Who might that be? Almost all good DT left are all gone....
                    It doesnt have to be this year, big whoop I didnt expect a superbowl winning team built in one year...it takes time
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                      It doesn't have to be this year, big whoop I didn't expect a superbowl winning team built in one year...it takes time
                      Neither did I, but I did expect us to sign 1 good DT in FA since we pass up on all of them in the draft. Can you name me one good DT we have drafted in last decade? Or signed please enlighten me...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                        Neither did I, but I did expect us to sign 1 good DT in FA since we pass up on all of them in the draft. Can you name me one good DT we have drafted in last decade? Or signed please enlighten me...
                        Gerard Warren... who was shipped out of town because he wanted to be a quick DT in Bates' system which the tackles are supposed to be massive.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                          Gerard Warren... who was shipped out of town because he wanted to be a quick DT in Bates' system which the tackles are supposed to be massive.
                          I'll give you that, but he wasn't long term answer here soon as Warren got new contract, with us he ate too many burger king whoppers.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                            Yea, Warren was awesome in our pre-Bates scheme.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I wouldn't give up yet

I have looked all over the Seattle press an on the Seahawk's website, and still can not find any official announcement yet that this has happened.
                              People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BRich View Post
                                Awesome, aggressive free agency period. We're killing it.
                                I mentioned this in another thread. We are competing the current team in multiple signing attempts. When the player's own team is competing to get them, they will use the outside team to run up the bidding, but because people tend to stay static (stay in the same situation that they know and where they have a house and friends) they are unlikely to leave unless they are offered a substantial raise in pay or something they can't get at their current location (starting job, etc).

So, all things being equal, if the Broncos are offering slightly better money for these high dollar free agents, they will still sign with their home team and stay where they are. You gotta up the ante considerably to get them to leave home and go to a new team.
                                You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X