Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant someone explain the cap situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That article states it's a cap issue, not a cash issue.
    in saying cash strapped, i was actually referring to the cap issue. sorry, i was using bwilliam's words. regardless, the question is, do we have a cap issue or not? People keep reporting it one way and then others saying we have somewhere near 17 to spend.

we must have a lot of raw deals on us. I dont know how the patriots and jets and these teams continue to sign guys the way they do.

Comment

Originally posted by fightinglee View Post
      in saying cash strapped, i was actually referring to the cap issue. sorry, i was using bwilliam's words. regardless, the question is, do we have a cap issue or not? People keep reporting it one way and then others saying we have somewhere near 17 to spend.

we must have a lot of raw deals on us. I dont know how the patriots and jets and these teams continue to sign guys the way they do.
      It's because their owners are willing to spend money.....
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I think we need to consider Dooms new contract and Bailey's as well both pretty hefty price tags that happened when there was no football cap. If anyone is to blame... and we're having cap issues... it's Xanders. That's his job.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Personally, I would rather think we have cap issues then to think Bowlen and Ellis just refuse to spend money when the Broncos are one of the most profitable franchises out there.

The last 3 years we've been in the top ten in revenue....while being in the bottom 5 in spending! I need to take a break. I'm getting really irritated.
          You are only looking at current salaries when calculating spending. Other factors such as paying three coaching staffs in two years also can be factored in.

Bowlen has never been skimpy on paying for upgrades, but fans need to be honest about if getting a few free agents make us good enough or just back to being a .500 team?

I am refreshed the team is taking the approach they are. Would rather see us work on developing our own, get back into better shape on the cap this year, and be more aggressive in getting top FAs when we feel they will put us over the top.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Personally, I would rather think we have cap issues then to think Bowlen and Ellis just refuse to spend money when the Broncos are one of the most profitable franchises out there.

The last 3 years we've been in the top ten in revenue....while being in the bottom 5 in spending! I need to take a break. I'm getting really irritated.
            I completely agree. If it is a cap issue, then we can just say, hey, Mcdaniels and Xanders really screwed us people, sorry. But if we have money and refuse to upgrade the DT position, well that is just really frustrating. Hopefully if there is no cap issue we make some moves this next week for someone that is halfway capable of stuffing the run. All I know is we signed Mcbean back, which to me is bad news. we are either cheap or just screwed.
            Last edited by fightinglee; 07-30-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
              You are only looking at current salaries when calculating spending. Other factors such as paying three coaching staffs in two years also can be factored in.

Bowlen has never been skimpy on paying for upgrades, but fans need to be honest about if getting a few free agents make us good enough or just back to being a .500 team?

I am refreshed the team is taking the approach they are. Would rather see us work on developing our own, get back into better shape on the cap this year, and be more aggressive in getting top FAs when we feel they will put us over the top.

I have thought about paying 3 coaches. It should not put Bowlen in a cash strapped situation.

However, I get your point and understand Bowlen has historically been willing to pay for talent, but even back during the SB run he asked TD and Elway to take cash deferments because he was having cash flow issues with the new stadium.
              sigpic

Comment

It's because their owners are willing to spend money.....
                thats certainly how its starting to feel. I understand that we are not very far in, but you dont see the good teams waiting around doing nothing. guys are moving. what will be left in a week?

Comment

Originally posted by fightinglee View Post
                  thats certainly how its starting to feel. I understand that we are not very far in, but you dont see the good teams waiting around doing nothing. guys are moving. what will be left in a week?
                  Marcus Thomas and J-Wall, but don't worry, we already resigned McBean.
                  sigpic

Comment

Marcus Thomas and J-Wall, but don't worry, we already resigned McBean.
                    Phew, i was worried we wouldn't have anyone on D to get an unnecessary roughness or face mask call. We wouldn't want the opposing offense to have to leave the field!

2010 Adopted Bronco Jason Hunter
                    Official Member of the Loyalty Initiative

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post

Well, they wouldnt have needed to go through FA if they didnt blatantly neglect the obvious holes on the DL during the draft.

Every expert and I mean every one of them said the Broncos had a DL problem. It would have to be, considering the whole....31st rush defense, the 32nd in sacks, and the switch a 4-3 base.

Then, with all of us watching them in each round not draft any DT, they came out and said they "had a plan" to address via FA.

Apparently that plan centered around dumping Ortons contract, which they have not done.

To that I say that was quite a risk considering the how imperative it is to have depth at the very least. Like a 3-4 needing a NT to function, a 4-3 needs 2 DTs to function.

So, here we are.

QB controversy, no DTs and and strapped for cash flow problems.

I actually do blame Mcdaniels for all of this.

Comment

The whole cap thing is baffling to me. How do the Eagles afford Nnamdi and Cullin Jenkins and we can barely afford Ryan McBean?

Comment

Working...
                        X