X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Nice effort!

Thoughts:

1) Not sure we need two CBs, but I do like that both are outside guys, since we will have an abundance of slot guys in Wilhite, Harris, and Thompson next year. Vaughn still has excellent potential outside, but he just sits on the pine when Champ and Goody are healthy. I could see us letting Goody walk, which would put Vaughn in the starting lineup, and would create a depth issue for another outside CB. I don't see there being room for two. Gilmore has cooled down after a red hot start to the year, but I still like him going in Round 1. Hayward has been productive for multiple seasons, but I think he's a 3rd round guy due to questionable athleticism.

2) Like the position, but there will be far better talents than Ryan Miller available in the 2nd Round.

3) Dwight Jones and Chris Polk will go in Round 2. It's a weak RB and WR draft, and these two have played lights out this year. Polk could even sneak into Round 1.

4) No real problem with the 5th round guys.
    If this class is so weak at RB and WR, do you think there will be alot of teams (TEN, PIT, MIN, STL, JAX, ETC) trying to trade up to the top of the first to snag a Blackmon, Floyd, Richardson type? If so, maybe we have a better shot at trading down this year.

I would really like to trade down this year to snag some top OL talent.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Nice Effort!

Thoughts:

1) I do like CB in early 1 if the team doesn't believe Vaughn can replace Goodman. The downside to this is that CB is probably the deepest position in this draft by a mile this year. Lots of good talent will be available in Round 2 and 3. That makes me want to play to the draft's strengths and go a different direction in Round 1. RB and OT are weak. I'd probably lean towards a new RT with LT skills (what Dallas did with Tyron Smith) to protect Tebow's blindside if he shows enough to be the guy going forward. Franklin moves to LG. Beadles plays super reserve.

2) It's going to be difficult to get Still in Round 2. He's arguably the top DT prospect in college right now. I know the draft idiots still have Brandon Thompson and Alameda Ta'amu high, but that's because they are morons and have not updated their boards since both players have been teh suck so far this year. The DTs that are now in (Late) Round 1 should be Devon Still, Kawann Short, and maybe Fletcher Cox and Jerel Worthy.

3) I doubt Curry drops to Round 3. I think he probably goes Late Round 1 or Round 2 for sure. This isn't the best DE or 34 OLB draft. Curry has been the absolute most dominant D-line player in Division 1 so far. And he was close last season as well. He's also up to 265 lbs. Great player, would love him for depth behind Dumervil, but no way he lasts until the 3rd.

4) The rest of the draft is pretty solid. I'm not a big fan of Gray or Davis, but the draft positions look about right. If Demps runs as fast as everyone thinks, he probably won't slid this far.

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
        If this class is so weak at RB and WR, do you think there will be alot of teams (TEN, PIT, MIN, STL, JAX, ETC) trying to trade up to the top of the first to snag a Blackmon, Floyd, Richardson type? If so, maybe we have a better shot at trading down this year.

I would really like to trade down this year to snag some top OL talent.
        I would prefer to trade down as well.

I do think there will be some action this year at the top of the first and second rounds due to the top heavy nature of QB, OT, WR, and RB. After the top group of guys, you have a few stragglers, and then it just goes to hell.

QB : Luck, Barkley, Jones, Griffin..........Tannehill, Foles........hell
        RB : Richardson, Polk, Miller.......Ball, Pead, Martin, Pierce.....hell
        WR: Jeffrey, Blackmon, Floyd.....Jenkins, Jones, Sanu, Broyles.....hell
        OT: Kalil, Martin, Reiff.....Wagner, Adcock, Datko, Adams.....hell

And that list will get much smaller depending on which underclassmen do not come out. So, I do think there will be some demand to trade up this year. Combined with the new favorable wage scale, I actually expect demand will be as high as it's ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
          I would prefer to trade down as well.

I do think there will be some action this year at the top of the first and second rounds due to the top heavy nature of QB, OT, WR, and RB. After the top group of guys, you have a few stragglers, and then it just goes to hell.

QB : Luck, Barkley, Jones, Griffin..........Tannehill, Foles........hell
          RB : Richardson, Polk, Miller.......Ball, Pead, Martin, Pierce.....hell
          WR: Jeffrey, Blackmon, Floyd.....Jenkins, Jones, Sanu, Broyles.....hell
          OT: Kalil, Martin, Reiff.....Wagner, Adcock, Datko, Adams.....hell

And that list will get much smaller depending on which underclassmen do not come out. So, I do think there will be some demand to trade up this year. Combined with the new favorable wage scale, I actually expect demand will be as high as it's ever been.
          Where do you think Peter Konz falls in this draft?

Comment

Cyrus Gray will not be available in the 4th. He has been an every down back his entire career, why would he all the sudden become a COP back?
            I'm Cal-I

Comment

Walter's Latest Mock Draft Update Is Out - Trent Richardson

This is today's (10/27/11) newest update mock.

RD 1

Pick 11. Denver Broncos: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

John Fox loves utilizing multiple running backs. Knowshon Moreno can't stay healthy and isn't very good anyway. The Broncos don't have much invested in him (he makes $855,000 next year), so money is definitely not an issue, especially in the new rookie salary structure.

Remember, Fox openly wanted to sign DeAngelo Williams last month. If he was willing to spend tons of money on an aging, injury-prone runner, then he'll definitely consider a better option at No. 11 overall.

RD 2

Pick 43. Denver Broncos: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

John Elway and John Fox seem to hate Tim Tebow's guts. Even if Tebow flops - and they certainly are doing whatever it takes to make sure that happens - I don't think they'll select a signal-caller in Round 1, but picking one here is certainly possible.

RD 3

Pick 75. Denver Broncos: Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut

Denver's current defensive tackles can't get any sort of pressure on the quarterback. They'll be looking for an interior pass-rushing presence next offseason.

2012 NFL Mock Draft, Player Prospect Rankings, One of the Largest Mock Draft Databases on the Web, Power Rankings and Much More for the NFL and Other Sports.
              Last edited by kingelway7; 10-27-2011, 09:44 AM.
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

I am still not a fan. I really believe we need OL before any other offensive players. The only reason I have anyone other than OL in the first is that there isnt anyone I like where we will be picking in the first. Cb then OT/OC.

Comment

I would be dissapointed we didn't get a CB. Tannehill has all the physical tools to be a good quarterback, and he shows a lot of mental strength in games, but he has only started 13 games in his career and has yet to prove his consistency throwing the ball downfield.
                  I'm Cal-I

Comment

They were 0-4 last year in Denver's picks rounds 1-3.

Let's hope that doesn't improve much this year.

Comment

We need a CB no doubt, but if Richardson was available to us, I dont see how we cant take him.
                      Denver Broncos
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks
                      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

My grades if that happened-

1st Round- A One of our biggest needs, and Trent Richardson is a beast.

2nd Round- F For me this is a horrible pick. If Tebow is good, then we don't need a QB until the 4th or later. If Tebow is horrible then we will be in position to pick Landry Jones, Barkley, or RGIII so we should take on of those. I would love this pick to be CB Jenkins if we take Richardson with the 1.

3rd Round- B I like the position, we need a young DT to put next to Bunkley. I have heard of Reyes, but haven't watched much of him play so I can't make a great judgement.

For me, we need to go RB, CB, DT in the first 3 rounds. Any order of those and I will probably be happy.

Comment

Maybe we could switch Miller with Polk if you think Miller or some other OG will be there in the fourth round? I am sure there will be someone, just need to address the OL future!
                          I just think Denver needs to address the CB spot and I am not sold on Vaughn. At times Harris looks much better than Vaughn but need someone to replace Goody and someone to groom to replace Champ someday!

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                            This is today's (10/27/11) newest update mock.

RD 1

Pick 11. Denver Broncos: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

John Fox loves utilizing multiple running backs. Knowshon Moreno can't stay healthy and isn't very good anyway. The Broncos don't have much invested in him (he makes $855,000 next year), so money is definitely not an issue, especially in the new rookie salary structure.

Remember, Fox openly wanted to sign DeAngelo Williams last month. If he was willing to spend tons of money on an aging, injury-prone runner, then he'll definitely consider a better option at No. 11 overall.

RD 2

Pick 43. Denver Broncos: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

John Elway and John Fox seem to hate Tim Tebow's guts. Even if Tebow flops - and they certainly are doing whatever it takes to make sure that happens - I don't think they'll select a signal-caller in Round 1, but picking one here is certainly possible.

RD 3

Pick 75. Denver Broncos: Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut

Denver's current defensive tackles can't get any sort of pressure on the quarterback. They'll be looking for an interior pass-rushing presence next offseason.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php
                            I'm not sold on Ryan Tannenhill + I hope DB somewhere in the first 3 rounds
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Pretty sure they've had us drafting Richardson every mock they've put out this season. I doubt it will change anytime soon so I wouldn't expect to see anything different unless we bomb the rest of the season and some of the worse teams pick up some wins.

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                                I am still not a fan. I really believe we need OL before any other offensive players. The only reason I have anyone other than OL in the first is that there isnt anyone I like where we will be picking in the first. Cb then OT/OC.
                                Broncos draft based on BPA not needs

Comment

Working...
                                X