X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Nice Effort!

Thoughts:

1) I do like CB in early 1 if the team doesn't believe Vaughn can replace Goodman. The downside to this is that CB is probably the deepest position in this draft by a mile this year. Lots of good talent will be available in Round 2 and 3. That makes me want to play to the draft's strengths and go a different direction in Round 1. RB and OT are weak. I'd probably lean towards a new RT with LT skills (what Dallas did with Tyron Smith) to protect Tebow's blindside if he shows enough to be the guy going forward. Franklin moves to LG. Beadles plays super reserve.

2) It's going to be difficult to get Still in Round 2. He's arguably the top DT prospect in college right now. I know the draft idiots still have Brandon Thompson and Alameda Ta'amu high, but that's because they are morons and have not updated their boards since both players have been teh suck so far this year. The DTs that are now in (Late) Round 1 should be Devon Still, Kawann Short, and maybe Fletcher Cox and Jerel Worthy.

3) I doubt Curry drops to Round 3. I think he probably goes Late Round 1 or Round 2 for sure. This isn't the best DE or 34 OLB draft. Curry has been the absolute most dominant D-line player in Division 1 so far. And he was close last season as well. He's also up to 265 lbs. Great player, would love him for depth behind Dumervil, but no way he lasts until the 3rd.

4) The rest of the draft is pretty solid. I'm not a big fan of Gray or Davis, but the draft positions look about right. If Demps runs as fast as everyone thinks, he probably won't slid this far.
    Thanks for the feedback.

1 - I believe RB is a big need but if we are picking 8-10 and get Richardson then he better be AP elite and while I think he is a good back, he's not elite IMO.

I had RT as a need, I liked Adcock in the second, although he has not had a great season so far, but I have really been impressed with the play of the OL. Like you I had Franklin moving to guard, Beadles to super reserve and I was unsure about Walton but since that TENN game I think the OL has really developed and will only get better with more time together.

Franklin is inconsistent against speed rushers but hopefully that improves as the season goes on. We will know more about the team in 10 games time.

2 - Yeah Still might not last until pick 40 ish but that will become clearer in Feb / Mar

3 - Again, Curry might not last until the third but we will see, alot of ball still to be played.

4 - Can I ask why you're not a fan of Gray ? Everytime I see him he really impresses me, especially his hands and quick cut. I think he is really underrated

Comment

My Current 2012 Mock Draft

First of all i see the Broncos ending up with a Top 10 pick.

1st Round: CB Morris Claiborne LSU 6'0"-185-4.36 40

2nd Round: DT Devon Still Penn State 6'5" 310-5.06 40

3rd Round: RB Cyrus Gray Texas A&M 5'10"-198-4.42 40

4th Round: DE Andre Branch Clemson 6'5"-260-4.65 40

5th Round: NT Dontari Poe Memphis 6'5"-350-5.22 40

What do you think??

Comment

Poe will be gone in the second round.

Comment

I'd like to see a complete offseason plan, including free agency. If we do have to get a starting CB in the draft, then we'll have to get him in the 1st or 2nd, and Kirkpatrick is a good pick. I like Still and Curry. The question with Curry is where does he play? DE? If so then Miller is stuck at linebacker all the time. The CB out of East Carolina is a nice backup pick. I've watched Cyrus Gray, and I've never figured why so many people love him. At least he's a good change-of-pace back with McGahee. As for the two Hawaii guys, why not? We could an afford to throw a couple of late picks at a backup QB and WR.

Comment

I don't really like Cyrus Gray that much. If we're looking to take a new franchise RB I'd rather it be someone significantly better than Moreno, and I just don't think Gray will be that good of a player. Other than that I like all the prospects, but I don't think Poe will be there in the 5th round.

Comment

What the hell is with the obsession over defensive lineman...

3 in 5 picks, what the...?

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                What the hell is with the obsession over defensive lineman...

3 in 5 picks, what the...?
                I agree we need new Dline players but not 3 of 5.
                O line, especially since we have committed to finding a new qb, is a must.

Comment

We don't need an NT. We have big bad Brod Bunk.
                  sigpic
                  St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

If we only have 5 picks I think we need to address the offensive line. Center and Tackle. T-Datko is injuried and his stock will drop and he could be a big high risk high reward type player in the 4th round.

Comment

We need a center or Guard not 3 D linemen

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                        We need a center or Guard not 3 D linemen
                        I prefer 3D linemen. Two dimensional linemen don't seem to have enough bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                          I would disagree. We were very open about drafting need based last draft. Must get 4 starters etc... That's need drafting.

I'm not sure we can say for sure what our philosophy is as of yet since we had so much rebuilding to do, but based on last year, it's need oriented. We want plug and play starters early and key depth late, at positions of need.
                          I have to disagree. We drafted LB which was a strong position for Denver at the time of the draft.

We drafted 2 safeties when Denver had 2 young high draft pick safeties on the roster.

Denver needed DLine, RT, and CB's only drafted a RT. So it is safe to assume Denver drafted based off the best player available on their board regardless of position early on in draft.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                            I have to disagree. We drafted LB which was a strong position for Denver at the time of the draft.

We drafted 2 safeties when Denver had 2 young high draft pick safeties on the roster.

Denver needed DLine, RT, and CB's only drafted a RT. So it is safe to assume Denver drafted based off the best player available on their board regardless of position early on in draft.

They drafted Irving with the thought that he would start at some point this season they didnt expect mays to come into camp and impress and play well this season. The safties were drafted becuase mcbath was injury prone and bruton seemed like not much more than a special teams player. The broncos did need other positions but I guess they liked the players that were available at safety and linebacker better than the ones at DT and CB.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
                              I'd like to see a complete offseason plan, including free agency. If we do have to get a starting CB in the draft, then we'll have to get him in the 1st or 2nd, and Kirkpatrick is a good pick. I like Still and Curry. The question with Curry is where does he play? DE? If so then Miller is stuck at linebacker all the time. The CB out of East Carolina is a nice backup pick. I've watched Cyrus Gray, and I've never figured why so many people love him. At least he's a good change-of-pace back with McGahee. As for the two Hawaii guys, why not? We could an afford to throw a couple of late picks at a backup QB and WR.
                              I just love the style that Gray runs, not sure if would be a starter but is a good change of pace back and has the tools to be successful.

This is only a youtube clip but help shows his impressive COD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxEWOSG-jf4

Comment

Good draft. Only problem I personally have is not with your draft but the philosophy of EFX and I do not see a DT early in our future, and previous post somewhere I provided proof for their thinking. DT's rarely make any impact early and EFX want immediate results from their high draft picks.

Oh ya I must include Claiborne > Kirkpatrick

:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                                X