X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    It's been a common theme for that past 3 Front Offices. I won't hold my breath any longer.
    LOL, Can't argue with that

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I don't think Fox just ignored the DL last draft, We had many needs and could only address so many in one draft.

We went for Miller as we thought he would be an impact player then alot of DT's went in the first and the only one's left in round 2 were Austin and Paea. I think we just liked Moore and Franklin better than the 2 DT's.

After round 2 there was not much left.

Maybe your right and we ignore the DT postion again but I'm hoping thats not going to happen
    It's been a common theme for that past 3 Front Offices. I won't hold my breath any longer.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Good draft. Only problem I personally have is not with your draft but the philosophy of EFX and I do not see a DT early in our future, and previous post somewhere I provided proof for their thinking. DT's rarely make any impact early and EFX want immediate results from their high draft picks.

Oh ya I must include Claiborne > Kirkpatrick

:thumb:
    I don't think Fox just ignored the DL last draft, We had many needs and could only address so many in one draft.

We went for Miller as we thought he would be an impact player then alot of DT's went in the first and the only one's left in round 2 were Austin and Paea. I think we just liked Moore and Franklin better than the 2 DT's.

After round 2 there was not much left.

Maybe your right and we ignore the DT postion again but I'm hoping thats not going to happen

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Good draft. Only problem I personally have is not with your draft but the philosophy of EFX and I do not see a DT early in our future, and previous post somewhere I provided proof for their thinking. DT's rarely make any impact early and EFX want immediate results from their high draft picks.

Oh ya I must include Claiborne > Kirkpatrick

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
    I'd like to see a complete offseason plan, including free agency. If we do have to get a starting CB in the draft, then we'll have to get him in the 1st or 2nd, and Kirkpatrick is a good pick. I like Still and Curry. The question with Curry is where does he play? DE? If so then Miller is stuck at linebacker all the time. The CB out of East Carolina is a nice backup pick. I've watched Cyrus Gray, and I've never figured why so many people love him. At least he's a good change-of-pace back with McGahee. As for the two Hawaii guys, why not? We could an afford to throw a couple of late picks at a backup QB and WR.
    I just love the style that Gray runs, not sure if would be a starter but is a good change of pace back and has the tools to be successful.

This is only a youtube clip but help shows his impressive COD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxEWOSG-jf4

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    I have to disagree. We drafted LB which was a strong position for Denver at the time of the draft.

We drafted 2 safeties when Denver had 2 young high draft pick safeties on the roster.

Denver needed DLine, RT, and CB's only drafted a RT. So it is safe to assume Denver drafted based off the best player available on their board regardless of position early on in draft.

They drafted Irving with the thought that he would start at some point this season they didnt expect mays to come into camp and impress and play well this season. The safties were drafted becuase mcbath was injury prone and bruton seemed like not much more than a special teams player. The broncos did need other positions but I guess they liked the players that were available at safety and linebacker better than the ones at DT and CB.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    I would disagree. We were very open about drafting need based last draft. Must get 4 starters etc... That's need drafting.

I'm not sure we can say for sure what our philosophy is as of yet since we had so much rebuilding to do, but based on last year, it's need oriented. We want plug and play starters early and key depth late, at positions of need.
    I have to disagree. We drafted LB which was a strong position for Denver at the time of the draft.

We drafted 2 safeties when Denver had 2 young high draft pick safeties on the roster.

Denver needed DLine, RT, and CB's only drafted a RT. So it is safe to assume Denver drafted based off the best player available on their board regardless of position early on in draft.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
    We need a center or Guard not 3 D linemen
    I prefer 3D linemen. Two dimensional linemen don't seem to have enough bulk.

Leave a comment:

• nic.zeman24
    replied
    We need a center or Guard not 3 D linemen

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    If we only have 5 picks I think we need to address the offensive line. Center and Tackle. T-Datko is injuried and his stock will drop and he could be a big high risk high reward type player in the 4th round.

Leave a comment:

• Lukic
    replied
    We don't need an NT. We have big bad Brod Bunk.

Leave a comment:

• ironfootball39
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    What the hell is with the obsession over defensive lineman...

3 in 5 picks, what the...?
    I agree we need new Dline players but not 3 of 5.
    O line, especially since we have committed to finding a new qb, is a must.

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    What the hell is with the obsession over defensive lineman...

3 in 5 picks, what the...?

Leave a comment:

• berlownacyo7s
    replied
    I don't really like Cyrus Gray that much. If we're looking to take a new franchise RB I'd rather it be someone significantly better than Moreno, and I just don't think Gray will be that good of a player. Other than that I like all the prospects, but I don't think Poe will be there in the 5th round.

Leave a comment:

• SmokeBassett
    replied
    I'd like to see a complete offseason plan, including free agency. If we do have to get a starting CB in the draft, then we'll have to get him in the 1st or 2nd, and Kirkpatrick is a good pick. I like Still and Curry. The question with Curry is where does he play? DE? If so then Miller is stuck at linebacker all the time. The CB out of East Carolina is a nice backup pick. I've watched Cyrus Gray, and I've never figured why so many people love him. At least he's a good change-of-pace back with McGahee. As for the two Hawaii guys, why not? We could an afford to throw a couple of late picks at a backup QB and WR.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X