Bronx 2012 Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronx 2012 Mock Draft

We have lost a 6 and 7. I presume Lloyd will get 30 catches and we will get a 5th.

1 - Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama - 6-3 - 192 - 4.49

Claiborne or Kirkpatrick ? I'm sure people will argue for both but what stands out for me is the physical side of Dre's game. I want this D and team to become tougher under Fox and this kid is not afraid to run up to the line and lay a hit on the ball carrier, Claiborne seems to shy away sometimes.

Kirkpatrick has speed and height and big play potential but like alot of players needs to become more consistent.

2 - Devon Still - DT - Penn State - 6-4 - 312 - 5.10

I am a massive fan of Bunkley, We need a force next to him who can be disruptive. Can Still do that ? Still a little unsure but he causes mayhem at times and is very stout against the run. I think Bunkley and Still would bring a toughness to the middle of the line and McBean, Thomas, Vickerson can all rotate in.

Still can be disruptive but I would like to see more consistency.

3 - Vinny Curry - DE - Marshall - 6-5 - 242 - 4.75

Is he a starter ? Probably not. Is he undersized ? Probably, but I love this kid. He reminds me of Doom. Such a great nose for the ball. I don't care of he doesn't start, If we can draft a pass rushing beast in the third round I'm all for it.

On third downs throw on Miller, Doom and Curry and watch the TO's skyrocket up. Another pass rusher added to this increasingly aggressive D Allen D.

4 - Cyrus Gray - RB - Texas A&M - 5-10 - 200 - 4.50

He is really impressive. Good speed, very elusive and great hands. Gray, Moreno and MacGahee would be a good trio. I'm not sure if Gray can ever become a starter but he certainly has the tools I like to make a big impact.

5 - Emanuel Davis - CB - East Carolina - 5-11 - 190 - 4.44

A good cover corner for the pirates who was a second team all conference selection last season. Has a good combo of height and speed and is very reliable corner, could improve his ball skills.

5 - Jeff Demps - RB - Florida - 5-7 - 191 - 4.30

Speed kills and this kid has blazing speed. Can be used in certain situations out of the backfield and can return kicks. He might not last this long but alot of draft sites have him pegged for the 5th so we'll see.

UFA - Bryant Moniz - QB - Hawaii - 6-0 - 205 - ?

People might knock him because of the system but this kid keeps cool under pressure and has a very quick release. Good deep ball and is very quick when pulling the ball down and running. Very interesting developmental QB.

UFA - Royce Pollard - WR - Hawaii - 6-0 - 175 - 4.62

This is Moniz's #1 target. I am surprised on the 40 because this kid can go long and stretch the field. He seems to play bigger than his size might suggest. A gamer who I would love us to pick up.

Any thought ?

6' 205lb QB? Yeah, he'll last... sounds like a winner since all of the good QBs in the league are short.
    Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
      6' 205lb QB? Yeah, he'll last... sounds like a winner since all of the good QBs in the league are short.
      LOL, Not sure how to take this post

Comment

Nice draft, I love your two first picks. How do you plan on Denver using Curry? If he could make the team on ST for a year and add 20 lbs of muscle without losing his speed and quickness he may be a future star.
        Will Gray and Davis still be there in the 4th and 5th round? Perhaps, if they are they both have a lot of potiential. If either show well in the combines they probably won't.
        Good job, keep them mocks coming!

Comment

Defensive line is probably the most solid position on this team right now, honestly.

Ayers has been one of the best around, Dumervil has shown improvement against the run, and Hunter would be a starter for a lot of teams.

Bunkley has been solid to say the least, and McBean has been one of the better UTs of the league the first half of the season. Not to mention Vickerson and Thomas, both solid, with Warren under contract for next year.

Cyrus Gray is not the right choice for a runningback. Like you said, he's likely to be a third down back. That's what Moreno has shone in, if Denver needs a back, its a lead back.

Demps would battle Ball for the slim chance of being a 4th RB, something Denver hasn't carried at all under Fox.

Lastly, no offensive lineman? C'Mon man!

All in all, this draft wastes a lot of chances at largely improving the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
            As an UFA does it matter?

And as for height Drew Brees............It can be done.
            sigpic

Comment

I would have to agree with the no Oline? post. In the 2nd or 3rd there will be better players available than the ones you picked. Matt Reynolds will most likely be there, Mike Adams may be there, Brewster or Konz might be there for an OC.

I don't really like Curry as a DE. I don't think he would hold up well and that's the same issue we have with DOOM already. He also has played at Marshall and played pretty weak competition. I would much rather have Andre Branch from Clemson who is a much better starting DE, imo, and should be available in rounds 2 or 3.
              sigpic

Comment

Pretty good draft. But I think we might actually need a Center or a Guard more than we do DT. Especially if we really want to successfully run the ball.
                And I think Curry fits more into a 3-4 than a 4-3.

Comment

My Mock Draft!

First off I figure Denver should draft around #8 or #9. I would try to trade down with someone in the low 20's and pick up a additional #2
                  Assuming they are all available here is my mock
                  round #1 Stephon Gilmore CB -South Carolina
                  round #2 Casey Haywood CB -Vandy
                  round #2 Ryan Miller OG- Colorado
                  round #3 Dwight Jones WR- North Carolina
                  round #4 Chris Polk RB- Washington
                  round #5 Tyler Nielson LB- Iowa
                  round #5 Brandon Weeden QB- Oklahoma State

I think most of these players will be available where I drafted them and all fill a need with the Broncos. Their biggest need right now is CB and Gilmore and Haywood both are talented!
                  Weeden is older and I think will be available at the 5th round.

Comment

this would be pretty sweet, but i would rather go Cliff Harris/Jayron Hosely at the corner spots. Either way I'd be stoked, just as long as we address corner
                    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I would not take Miller in the 2nd round. He never lived up to his billing as a 5 star recruit at CU. He's not athletic enough to play tackle, and at 6'8" he's too tall to be a guard.

Is he really regarded that highly as an NFL prospect? I figured he would be a 4th round pick or so.

Comment

Regarding Curry, You can never have too many pass rushers and to get one as good as him in the 3rd is excellent value and I compare him to DOOM who was also a brilliant mid round selection.

As for the OL. At the start of the season I wanted a RT and possibly a C but I love the way the OL have come together.

They need continuity of playing together. Clady and Kuper are very good. Beadles has impressed me alot as has Walton.

Franklin needs to get more consistent but has all the tools. I thought he was excellent against TENN and SD but inconsistent at MIA but he's young.

Our OL depth could improve but I wouldn't use a depth pick in the first 4 rounds.

Bunkley was a great pick up but we need someone with him. McBean has stepped up but is not a starter IMO, Vickerson struggled before the injury and MT is a pass rusher, not 3 down player.

At RB, I don't think Trent Richardson is good enough to warrant a high first and I prefer Stills in the 2nd to keep building the D up, After the third I don't see any sure fire starters but I like the way Gray runs and catches so he has alot of potential IMO.

Comment

I don't think Chris Polk will last to the 4th round. To me he goes 2nd or 3rd

Comment

Nice effort!

Thoughts:

1) Not sure we need two CBs, but I do like that both are outside guys, since we will have an abundance of slot guys in Wilhite, Harris, and Thompson next year. Vaughn still has excellent potential outside, but he just sits on the pine when Champ and Goody are healthy. I could see us letting Goody walk, which would put Vaughn in the starting lineup, and would create a depth issue for another outside CB. I don't see there being room for two. Gilmore has cooled down after a red hot start to the year, but I still like him going in Round 1. Hayward has been productive for multiple seasons, but I think he's a 3rd round guy due to questionable athleticism.

2) Like the position, but there will be far better talents than Ryan Miller available in the 2nd Round.

3) Dwight Jones and Chris Polk will go in Round 2. It's a weak RB and WR draft, and these two have played lights out this year. Polk could even sneak into Round 1.

4) No real problem with the 5th round guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                              Defensive line is probably the most solid position on this team right now, honestly.

Ayers has been one of the best around, Dumervil has shown improvement against the run, and Hunter would be a starter for a lot of teams.

Bunkley has been solid to say the least, and McBean has been one of the better UTs of the league the first half of the season. Not to mention Vickerson and Thomas, both solid, with Warren under contract for next year.

Cyrus Gray is not the right choice for a runningback. Like you said, he's likely to be a third down back. That's what Moreno has shone in, if Denver needs a back, its a lead back.

Demps would battle Ball for the slim chance of being a 4th RB, something Denver hasn't carried at all under Fox.

Lastly, no offensive lineman? C'Mon man!

All in all, this draft wastes a lot of chances at largely improving the Broncos.

McBean backed up Bunkley at NT until Vickerson got hurt. He also continues to play NG when we do our 3-4 alignments. We don't have a 3 tech type DT at this time, so they switch it up by shifting McBean and Thomas around. At least we finally stopped putting Ayers inside. He was worthless there. Anyway, I would put penetrating 3 tech extremely high on the list considering how heavily we relied on Vickerson (every snap) and how bad he was. Ty Warren, also a NT, btw. It's a huge team need. NT might be too depending on what we do with all our free agents and Warren. Devon Still is a NT, so I agree he doesn't fit unless we let some people walk.

Comment

Working...
                              X