2012 Draft Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QB's Available in 2012 Draft

I'm not the hugest follower of CFB (not American so no real allegiances) so other than the marque games that I see on ESPN etc I can't follow who is hot and who isn't.

Other than Luck, Jones and Barkley, who should I be watching as it is more and more likely we will be going for a QB in 2012. We have managed to lose the suck for Luck race so who will our backup be?

Barkley played well yesterday nearly beating Luck, but he just seems like he could be a bit to small for the pro game.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      Quarterback. Watching all of these other rookie quarterbacks. Newton, Dalton and Ponder we need our guy moving forward. Tebow looks bad again. We need our guy.
      Yup I agree
      I've been on the Tebow wagon ever since he was drafted but now I just don't think he can succeed. At least not with us.
      Come draft day I see us getting a new QB.

Comment

Look at the other rookies in the league. Tebow right now just looks downright awful.
        No he doesn't. He is throwing accurate enough passes. Nobody, and I mean nobody is helping him out. He has no blocking. The run game hasn't got going. His receivers have dropped passes. Not a single rookie in the league would look any better. And guess what most of them have more starts than Tebow. Give him some time.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

1st Round

Landry Jones from Oklahoma

Robert Girffin from Baylor

Later

Chandler Harnish from Northern Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
            Yup I agree
            I've been on the Tebow wagon ever since he was drafted but now I just don't think he can succeed. At least not with us.
            Come draft day I see us getting a new QB.
            Yeah I have never thought much of him and doubted him being anything other than average however I still hope he can imrpove.

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
            No he doesn't. He is throwing accurate enough passes. Nobody, and I mean nobody is helping him out. He has no blocking. The run game hasn't got going. His receivers have dropped passes. Not a single rookie in the league would look any better. And guess what most of them have more starts than Tebow. Give him some time.
            No. Right now he is showing nothing to be a future anything for this team. He looks like trash right now. 5th start and second year in the league. He should look better than he is looking.

Comment

No. Right now he is showing nothing to be a future anything for this team. He looks like trash right now. 5th start and second year in the league. He should look better than he is looking.
              No.

This is a good defense. They have an excellent pass rush. We have a bad OL. They can't pass block. We lack a number 1 receiver. And our receiver drop passes. Football is a team sport believe it or not.
              Denver Broncos GM
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

No.

This is a good defense. They have an excellent pass rush. We have a bad OL. They can't pass block. We lack a number 1 receiver. And our receiver drop passes. Football is a team sport believe it or not.
                Yeah it is a team sport and Tebow is a part of that and is playing like trash. From what you are seeing what makes you thinki he is the future.

Comment

Yeah it is a team sport and Tebow is a part of that and is playing like trash. From what you are seeing what makes you thinki he is the future.
                  He's improved from last week. He really hasn't been as bad as the numbers indicate, the WRs haven't been able to catch today for whatever reason. That being said we should probably look at taking a QB. I wouldn't take a QB in the 1st because I want Trent Richardson, if Nick Foles is there in the 2nd I'd definitely take him. Then take Xavier Rhodes in the 3rd so we can finally get rid of Andre Goodman.
                  Last edited by beastlyskronk; 10-30-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    He's improved from last week. He really hasn't been as bad as the numbers indicate, the WRs haven't been able to catch today for whatever reason.
                    Exactly. He can play in this league. Get him some blocking. Throw some quick passes. And get him a new Brandon Lloyd. And get him an offensive coordinator who will call a slant. Jeeze.
                    Denver Broncos GM

Comment

That pass went through Eddie's hands. Right through.
                      Denver Broncos GM

Comment

He's improved from last week. He really hasn't been as bad as the numbers indicate, the WRs haven't been able to catch today for whatever reason. That being said we should probably look at taking a QB. I wouldn't take a QB in the 1st because I want Trent Richardson, if Nick Foles is there in the 2nd I'd definitely take him. Then take Xavier Rhodes in the 3rd so we can finally get rid of Andre Goodman.
                        Yeh I agree with the draft stuff but he has not improved much at all. Still playing like dirt. I don't really love Foles but would take him over what we have right now.

Exactly. He can play in this league. Get him some blocking. Throw some quick passes. And get him a new Brandon Lloyd. And get him an offensive coordinator who will call a slant. Jeeze.
                        Okay

Comment

I guess we could go for Barkley. I don't usually trust QB's that come from USC, but he'll at worst be a better fit in this offense than Tebow. He does have a strong arm and is smart with reads.
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I actually think he's taken a step down

Comment

My order:
                              Luck (not happening)
                              Robert Griffin III (not even close, he's clearly the second best)
                              Matt Barkley (He's a stud, commands the pocket, makes tough throws)
                              Landry Jones (talk about overrated, I've seen him miss passes that Tebow could make)
                              Nick Foles (reminds me of Cutler)
                              Case Keenum (say what you want, he's a baller and makes AMAZING throws)
                              Kellen Moore.
                              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I'd put OT pretty high on the list. Orlando Franklin got flat out abused today.
                                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                                Adopted By:
                                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                                Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
                                X