2012 Draft Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Draft Needs

This isnt a mock, more of an assessment of team needs.

With that said i believe we need these positions in this order:
    RB
    OC
    CB
    DT
    OG
    FB
    QB

Now in FA we can work on CB and OG. This is a bit irrelevant but I would love to get Mario Williams in FA. But for the draft I hope when it shakes down we get T. Richardson in the first, an OC in the second, DT in the third, B. Weeden in the fourth, a FB in the fifth.

If we can sign a good LG, a new #2 CB like Richard Marshall and a big DT I think we head to 2013 possibly only really lacking a QB (I think we go for a new QB in 2013) and a young CB to learn under Champ. I want us to sign a defensive leader like Jon Beason or Barrett Ruud at MLB if we look in that direction.

i think that CB is one RB 2 OC 3
    IMO
    MOORE 26 & MILLER 58

Comment

Cornerback (physical)
      Right tackle
      Defensive tackle (penetrating)
      Center (veteran)
      Guard (big)
      Safety (fast)
      Running back (fast)
      Wide receiver
      Quarterback (accurate)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post

RB
        OC
        CB
        DT
        OG
        FB
        QB

Now in FA we can work on CB and OG.

I don't think we could do much better than to get Terrell Thomas.

This is a bit irrelevant but I would love to get Mario Williams in FA. But for the draft I hope when it shakes down we get T. Richardson in the first, an OC in the second, DT in the third, B. Weeden in the fourth, a FB in the fifth.

Weeden's a good pick. I'd prefer a veteran center like Matt Birk rather than a rookie.

If we can sign a good LG, a new #2 CB like Richard Marshall and a big DT I think we head to 2013 possibly only really lacking a QB (I think we go for a new QB in 2013) and a young CB to learn under Champ. I want us to sign a defensive leader like Jon Beason or Barrett Ruud at MLB if we look in that direction.
        I think we need a faster free safety. Maybe Bruton can handle it.

Comment

Anyone know if there's a list of the free agents after this season?

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
            Anyone know if there's a list of the free agents after this season?
            Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I would like a vet OC as well. As for CB, I put it under RB as a need because not only are we lackluster with our RBs to be a run heavy team, but because the FA pool for RBs is weak. I see at least a couple FA CBs we can grab, and the need for a S isnt too big considering Champ will move soon. There are also great CB prospects in the 2013 draft that I would rather have that can take the reigns from Champ.

Comment

QB is easily #1 and anyone who doesn't think so either doesn't realize the value of the position or is a delusional Teblow fanboy.
                sigpic
                officially licensed tebow hater

Comment

Originally posted by PP7FTW View Post
                  QB is easily #1 and anyone who doesn't think so either doesn't realize the value of the position or is a delusional Teblow fanboy.
                  Then call me delusional.
                  Denver Broncos GM
                  Originally posted by Mosk
                  Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

CB
                    OT
                    RB
                    DT
                    *QB depends on Tebows pregession as a QB this year

Comment

QB-Matt Barkeley (if he comes out) or Kellen Moore
                      DT
                      CB
                      RB

Comment

Originally posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post

RB
                        OC
                        CB
                        DT
                        OG
                        FB
                        QB

Now in FA we can work on CB and OG. This is a bit irrelevant but I would love to get Mario Williams in FA. But for the draft I hope when it shakes down we get T. Richardson in the first, an OC in the second, DT in the third, B. Weeden in the fourth, a FB in the fifth.

I agree with the order you have, but QB should be on top.

Comment

Quarterback. Watching all of these other rookie quarterbacks. Newton, Dalton and Ponder we need our guy moving forward. Tebow looks bad again. We need our guy.

Comment

Can we just let Tebow play a few more games? It's his second start this season, 5th overal, and Fox and McCoy changed the offense this week. C'mon folks.
                            Denver Broncos GM
                            Originally posted by Mosk
                            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                              Can we just let Tebow play a few more games? It's his second start this season, 5th overal, and Fox and McCoy changed the offense this week. C'mon folks.
                              Look at the other rookies in the league. Tebow right now just looks downright awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X