Should we just draft O ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we just draft O ?

Whatever your feelings at QB we really lack playmakers.

I had us going CB and DT in the first 2 but maybe we should go all out O and hopefully sustained drives help the D.

Maybe Blackman in the first and RB in the second ?

Whoever the QB is will do nothing without playmakers.

Look who Dalton, Ponder and Cam have on O to help them

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Whatever your feelings at QB we really lack playmakers.

I had us going CB and DT in the first 2 but maybe we should go all out O and hopefully sustained drives help the D.

Maybe Blackman in the first and RB in the second ?

Whoever the QB is will do nothing without playmakers.

Look who Dalton, Ponder and Cam have on O to help them
    No. They should take the best player available, no matter the position. They need upgrades everywhere. You make teams better by taking the best guys, not by targeting certain positions.
    sigpic

Comment

He's right unless BPA is at a position we are ok at. IMO we need OL more than any position. Then I would say CB, then RB, then WR. Where we will be picking, BPA should be Blackmon, Kalil, Jeffrey, and Richardson. We should pick one of those four or trade down. IMO we are like the Browns. A bad team with alot of holes on both sides of the ball.
      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Yes! Your team starts and ends with the boys up front. Peter Konz,Ricky Wagner in round two and three. Are o-line is just that bad. Then best d-line men that is left in round 4.

Comment

we arnt getting the # 1WR no matter how many people want him. St. Louis will be drafting another WR regardless of acquiring Lloyd.

Comment

i do think getting a RB is a good idea. Phasing out moreno and sticking with Mcgahee and the new guy

Comment

At the rate we're going, I don't think we can see past Luck.
              sigpic

Comment

St. Louis will draft a RB or WR. Steven Jackson needs a backup still, and Lloyd needs a secondary WR.

We can eithier compete with them and some of the other offensive lacking teams like Seattle and the Panthers, or we can Draft smart and draft O Line and D Line. It all starts there . Then go from that to CB, RB, WR. I think WR should be least of our issues.

Comment

Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
                  St. Louis will draft a RB or WR. Steven Jackson needs a backup still, and Lloyd needs a secondary WR.

We can eithier compete with them and some of the other offensive lacking teams like Seattle and the Panthers, or we can Draft smart and draft O Line and D Line. It all starts there . Then go from that to CB, RB, WR. I think WR should be least of our issues.
                  Well it will be a fight for the bottom. There are ALOT of bad teams with 2 or fewer wins right now. If we are at the top, I would love to trade down a few spots and get a top CB and trade back into the late 1st to take Konz.
                  Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

There are so many holes that you could go in any number of directions. This team was left deprived of talent by Hurricane Josh and it will take at least 2 more drafts to build.

Look at the Lions. They drafted there leaders on either side of the ball back to back to years. Top 5 draft picks. We need that.

We got Von Miller now we need our offensive leader. A quarterback. Where that player is taken I do not know but we need a Quarterback who can play before we do anything.

Man I wish we got Ryan Mallet. Wonder what it would take to pry him away. A 2nd Round Pick. That would be great.

On the play makers you are right. I have felt this way for a while. We have not one home run hitter on the offense. Decker and Thomas can be good receivers and I like the potential of drafting one but definitely not in the first round. Maybe Kendall Wright in the 3rd. However the Free Agency market is where you can get receivers. I would rather that. Maybe a Pierre Garcon or Manningham. I also like Chaz Schillens.

At running back we have the worst backfield maybe in the NFL. Magahee is nothing special. Plenty of big guys who run like him who you could have for less money also. Moreno is soft. Moreno is not patient. Moreno is not very fast. Moreno dances around.

I like Chris Rainey as an explosive weapon to add to the team. He can split out as a receiver and create mismatches and is an explosive runner. He is a guy I would love to have.

First order of business in the off season will to be and try to move Tebow if possible and if not cut him.

I still want to draft a center in the first round and I also wouldn't mind getting a new starting right tackle also and moving Orlando Franklin inside to LG. Move Beadles to the bench.

Right now we need to trade down and acquire picks.

In FA and the DRAFT I want:

A new center
                    A new right tackle
                    A new running back
                    A new fullback
                    A new wide receiver
                    A new quarterback
                    A new defensive tackle
                    A new defensive end
                    A new cornerback
                    A new nickelback
                    A new safety

We need help all across the board. My mock with a trade down to the teens right now is:

1: QB-Robert Griffin III

2: OC-Peter Konz

2: CB-Xavier Rhodes

3: DT-Kheeston Randall

4: OT-Andrew Datko

5: RB-Chris Rainey

5: RB-Jeffrey Demps

Comment

i wouldnt call de a huge need i think we need to trade with a wr needy team taking jefferys or blackmon
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        i wouldnt call de a huge need i think we need to trade with a wr needy team taking jefferys or blackmon
                        Could that be the Patriots.

Say they pick 26th because they choke again and fall out of the playoffs before the superbowl.

We pick 8th because we suck ass and the only reason we do not pick top 5 is because there are even worst teams in the league.

Patriots get:

-2012 8th Overall Pick

Broncos get:

-2012 26th Overall Pick
                        -2012 2nd Round Pick
                        -2012 4th Round Pick
                        -2013 4th Round Pick
                        -QB-Ryan Mallet

Would be similar to the Browns and Falcons trade for Julio Jones.

Unrealistic but it is fun to think about

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                          Could that be the Patriots.

Say they pick 26th because they choke again and fall out of the playoffs before the superbowl.

We pick 8th because we suck ass and the only reason we do not pick top 5 is because there are even worst teams in the league.

Patriots get:

-2012 8th Overall Pick

Broncos get:

-2012 26th Overall Pick
                          -2012 2nd Round Pick
                          -2012 4th Round Pick
                          -2013 4th Round Pick
                          -QB-Ryan Mallet

Would be similar to the Browns and Falcons trade for Julio Jones.

Unrealistic but it is fun to think about
                          the pats dont tradeup
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                            the pats dont tradeup
                            Well than another team.

And if the Pats fall short again then they have ammo to make a big move to get someone who will be huge for them. They may cannot keep stockpiling these picks. Brady's time will come to an end at some point and they need to get him all the players possible around him while he is still at an elite level.

Comment

You could easily make a strong suggestion for offensive help in this draft.

Time Qt ToP Plays Yds Result
                              08:40 1 01:05 DEN 21 3 -6 Punt
                              04:52 1 02:25 DEN 20 5 14 Punt
                              14:44 2 00:49 DEN 20 3 3 Punt
                              09:52 2 00:50 DEN 20 3 4 Punt
                              04:11 2 02:06 DEN 20 3 9 Punt
                              00:29 2 00:29 DEN 20 4 8 Downs
                              14:04 3 00:29 DEN 36 1 0 INT
                              13:26 3 01:39 DEN 20 3 2 Punt
                              08:07 3 01:00 DEN 26 3 3 Punt
                              06:18 3 03:10 DEN 21 8 46 Downs
                              Looking at those drives that took place between our opening field goal, and the garbage time TD, it's fairly obvious the team is struggling to sustain any sort of drive or establish any rhythm (All you have to do is watch the game to see that).

Now, the question becomes is it the talent, the coaching, or a combination of the two.

I actually believe it boils down to talent more so than coaching. I don't think the gameplan was too bad to be honest. The execution wasn't there (Orlando Franklin I'm looking at you, and don't think I forgot about you Tebow), and I guess that might be expected when you throw in a new offensive gameplan in a weeks time.

However, stretching this D this thin, on such a frequent basis, is asking far too much. I feel bad for Dennis Allen because I do believe he is doing a good job with what he has. The LB corps is solid, I wouldn't necessarily change a thing with that. I actually like our DL but I would love to be able to add a developmental talent at DT. I'd be comfortable with our safety situation for another year to see if Moore and Carter are the long-term answers. As for CB, that will need to be addressed either in FA or in the draft. I'd like to see a starting caliber corner added to replace Goodie, and also a backup added to provide depth. Goodman should be gone after this year.

At offense, you've got to start thinking about the QB position long-term. Yes, Tebow is young, and we all knew he still had a lot of work left to be done, but the fact remains he still has struggles passing the ball, and when his guys aren't wide open he's going to struggle. QB is becoming more and more of a need.

RT needs to be addressed. Orlando Franklin should be kicked inside to mask his inability to block fast pass rushers. He has Pro-Bowl potential at Guard, and he could take over for Beadles who isn't very good. Beadles could compete with Walton at Center, and we can see if the best man will rise to the occasion.

I think if you can manage to find a QB and a RT to come in and play at an above-average level in 2012, this team's successes changes dramatically. And, if you can find a CB to play opposite Champ, then you really might be cooking with fire.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X