Should we just draft O ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
    You could easily make a strong suggestion for offensive help in this draft.

Looking at those drives that took place between our opening field goal, and the garbage time TD, it's fairly obvious the team is struggling to sustain any sort of drive or establish any rhythm (All you have to do is watch the game to see that).

Now, the question becomes is it the talent, the coaching, or a combination of the two.
    The coaching and play calling is not great however Tebow is just playing terrible. Putting those two performances together back to back is maybe some of the worst play from a quarterback I have seen.

I actually believe it boils down to talent more so than coaching. I don't think the gameplan was too bad to be honest. The execution wasn't there (Orlando Franklin I'm looking at you, and don't think I forgot about you Tebow), and I guess that might be expected when you throw in a new offensive gameplan in a weeks time.
    No doubt it comes down to talent. I think if we sit through another Tebow and offensive performance like that you pull tebow out of the game. He is a player and can be benched for bad play. Jimmy Clausen looked better last year than Tebow has in his his 2 starts this year.

However, stretching this D this thin, on such a frequent basis, is asking far too much. I feel bad for Dennis Allen because I do believe he is doing a good job with what he has. The LB corps is solid, I wouldn't necessarily change a thing with that. I actually like our DL but I would love to be able to add a developmental talent at DT. I'd be comfortable with our safety situation for another year to see if Moore and Carter are the long-term answers. As for CB, that will need to be addressed either in FA or in the draft. I'd like to see a starting caliber corner added to replace Goodie, and also a backup added to provide depth. Goodman should be gone after this year.
    Yeah corner is the biggest need. I wish Cox wasn't in trouble with the law and Syd Thompson was healthy. Goodman is not playing like he did in 09 or 10. This D hasn't played that bad. They have been much improved. Today can you really blame them for giving up so many points. It felt like the offense was never on the field for more than 3 plays.

At offense, you've got to start thinking about the QB position long-term. Yes, Tebow is young, and we all knew he still had a lot of work left to be done, but the fact remains he still has struggles passing the ball, and when his guys aren't wide open he's going to struggle. QB is becoming more and more of a need.
    Yep he is a pure sight thrower. No anticipation what so ever. That is why he is holding onto the ball and taking extra hits, creating more pressure and taking sacks. He is young and has not improved really at all from day 1. He has just as many questions and probably even more now after 5.5 games then he did coming into the league. I think we need a long term answer. I have thought Tebow was not going to be the guy for a while and I still do not think he is the guy moving forward.

RT needs to be addressed. Orlando Franklin should be kicked inside to mask his inability to block fast pass rushers. He has Pro-Bowl potential at Guard, and he could take over for Beadles who isn't very good. Beadles could compete with Walton at Center, and we can see if the best man will rise to the occasion.
    I agree and majority of people knew he should have been playing guard from day 1. He was always going to struggle mightily as a tackle. And protecting Tebow's blindside is not good. The strip sacks will grow. At least if the pressure comes from the front side of the play he can protect the ball and adjust. From the blindside them strips will grow.

I think we need to draft a starting RT who is overall good. Not early on because of the needs this team has but maybe a guy like Andrew Datko. Out for the year and his stock will drop. He has an injury history however it is a big risk reward type of draft selection. If that is there in the 4th round for instance. I love Mike Adams and if he falls due to his "character concerns" to the 2nd round I would not mind taking him if we got another 2nd rounder from somewhere.

I think if you can manage to find a QB and a RT to come in and play at an above-average level in 2012, this team's successes changes dramatically. And, if you can find a CB to play opposite Champ, then you really might be cooking with fire.
    I think it is going to take a lot more than that. The QB is the most important position and should be addressed before anything but this team as a whole has so many holes. Josh Mcdaniels has left this place a disaster.

Comment

If it's all-offense, then let's fix our O-line.

First, we get a veteran center like Matt Birk.

Then we trade down.

1. OG - David De Castro
      2. OT - Ricky Wagner
      2. WR - Kendall Wright
      3. TE - Jake Stoneburner
      4. QB - Brandon Weeden
      5. FB - Chad Diehl
      5. RB - Bobby Rainey

Comment

ONLY THE COLTS ALLOW A HIGHER AVERAGE PASSER RATING AGAINST THEM

so no we do not just need O we need D as well it can take 2 or 3 years to fix everything.

The pass rush is fine but could be better, the truth is we dont cause enough problems to create turnovers, we allow to many TD's passing and have the 5th highest allowed yards per attempt allowed.

We need better corners, and without Dawk we have little to no D with the other SS's who are vital to this team.

Our run stuffing has gotten better but thats about it besides the pass rush weve regressed a lot.

Passer rating wise despite this game Tebow is still around the same passer rating as Orton, so yeah hes not much of a downgrade but yeah Walton needs to be replaced or we need to change schemes.
        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-30-2011, 10:19 PM.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
          ONLY THE COLTS ALLOW A HIGHER AVERAGE PASSER RATING AGAINST THEM

so no we do not just need O we need D as well it can take 2 or 3 years to fix everything.
          Just to think if Mcdaniels came in here and just tried to fix the defense and coached Cutler up we may have had something pretty special or been on our way to it

Or it Bowlen hired someone with a brain

Comment

We need to draft BPA

Almost every position is up for grabs
            sigpic
            Thank you Charger$

Comment

Personally, I think we're pretty good on offense. At this point though, I would move Beadles to OT and move Franklin to OG. But we need a QB in the worst way. TT isn't just bad at one thing, he's bad at multiple things, and I don't think EFX have the patience to wait on him to develop.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                Personally, I think we're pretty good on offense. At this point though, I would move Beadles to OT and move Franklin to OG. But we need a QB in the worst way. TT isn't just bad at one thing, he's bad at multiple things, and I don't think EFX have the patience to wait on him to develop.
                patience being the operative word, really in comparison to bradford he hasnt regressed as much. truth is hes gotten worse like many other young players, but his pocket presence has improved (which isnt saying much). He already has more TD's then Bradford in nearly 1/3 the attempts. With only 1 INT for all thows he has. He doesnt make bad decisions but he needs to make them quicker, he still is better 20+ yards out but with only a handful of calls where he can throw that far is not helping. 15 or 10 yards in he is demonstratively bad.
                Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-30-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

weneed an intrior pass rusher ours are a joke
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

People need to calm down when it comes to our QB situation. Yes Tebow played bad, but who didn't yesterday??? Our OL is NOT helping at all. Franklin is terrible at the RT position. Walton is equally as bad at the OC position. Beadles is not getting any better either. Our OL could be the problem all together. Tebow has no time at all to make decisions. Couple that with him holding onto the ball to long, and you have a disaster waitin to happen.

I would give Tebow the rest of the season to make some progression, which I think he can. IMO we need to move forward with the OL and secondary.

I really like the idea of Matt Birk in FA, but I still want to draft Peter Konz out of Wisconson. He is nasty. OC is the most important position on the OL. They make all of the calls and assignments. I really think after that performance yesterday, we will be picking in the top 5 picks. We need to trade down to the 8-13 range, aquiring another 2nd and 5th, and we still should have a shot at Kirkpatrick or Claibourne. I really hope Konz slips to the 2nd where we can grab him. I have seen many mocks with him in the mid 2nd so it is possible. This would be my ideal draft going forward in 2012:

1: CB Dre Kirkpatrick
                    2: OC Peter Konz
                    2: OT Levy Adcock
                    3: DT Kendall Reyes
                    4: DE Massoquoi
                    5: RB Jeffery Demps
                    5: BPA

In FA, we need to get some DL guys who can rush the passer as well as some WR help.
                    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                      Come on JJ. Tebow isn't the best by no means, but if our OL could give him some time maybe he might be able to do something. He looked good in the first drive, but after that, the OL didn't even block anyone. There were to many penalties and, yes, Tebow holds onto the ball to long. Our WR core doesn't help him any. They are all slow and young. Our offense needs time to gel and work together. EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE PATIENT.

If TT still plays bad the rest of the season, then yes he needs to be cut or traded. Until then, he will do whatever it takes to get better. In the mean time our OL needs to step it up big time, because they are setting him up for failure.
                      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        weneed an intrior pass rusher ours are a joke
                        Don't disagree but as far as priority I am wondering where it ranks

As Mug told me if T J E is as good as I say he won't go u-noticed much longer sadly many experts have him going from a 7th now to a 4th or 5th. Do we really want to spend that on a potentially developmental player/ specialty player. Reyes is sky rocketing as well and Wolfe may soon follow. I just am not sure where our priorities should lie anymore with so many holes

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                          Come on JJ. Tebow isn't the best by no means, but if our OL could give him some time maybe he might be able to do something. He looked good in the first drive, but after that, the OL didn't even block anyone. There were to many penalties and, yes, Tebow holds onto the ball to long. Our WR core doesn't help him any. They are all slow and young. Our offense needs time to gel and work together. EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE PATIENT.

If TT still plays bad the rest of the season, then yes he needs to be cut or traded. Until then, he will do whatever it takes to get better. In the mean time our OL needs to step it up big time, because they are setting him up for failure.
                          For failed assignments and poor schemes it falls on either a coach whose well experienced or our C who is the only player in that line that is not playing like a serviceable starter. He is to football as the catcher is to baseball. If he plays bad everyone does and as the best friend to the QB as most HOF players call them it is important for them to be good for th QB to feel comfortable behind them. If Walton does not improve and Kunz enters we need to consider having a true elite C who is familiar with Fox's preferred O

Comment

People need to calm down when it comes to our QB situation. Yes Tebow played bad, but who didn't yesterday??? Our OL is NOT helping at all. Franklin is terrible at the RT position. Walton is equally as bad at the OC position. Beadles is not getting any better either. Our OL could be the problem all together. Tebow has no time at all to make decisions. Couple that with him holding onto the ball to long, and you have a disaster waitin to happen.

I would give Tebow the rest of the season to make some progression, which I think he can. IMO we need to move forward with the OL and secondary.

I really like the idea of Matt Birk in FA, but I still want to draft Peter Konz out of Wisconson. He is nasty. OC is the most important position on the OL. They make all of the calls and assignments. I really think after that performance yesterday, we will be picking in the top 5 picks. We need to trade down to the 8-13 range, aquiring another 2nd and 5th, and we still should have a shot at Kirkpatrick or Claibourne. I really hope Konz slips to the 2nd where we can grab him. I have seen many mocks with him in the mid 2nd so it is possible. This would be my ideal draft going forward in 2012:

In FA, we need to get some DL guys who can rush the passer as well as some WR help.
                            Sorry Konz

Comment

Sorry Konz won't fall that far, first consensus elite C since Pouncey, and when that happens they are 1ST Rounders, but usually mid so weld need to drop back and get some picks to take advantage of the rare opportunity

Comment

Working...
                              X