Compensation Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Didn't AP hurt his knee in college, he turned out pretty decent if i must say :thumb:
    Do I really need to post all the runningbacks who hurt their knees and couldn't rebound?
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
      Do I really need to post all the runningbacks who hurt their knees and couldn't rebound?
      Yes you needdddddddddddddd to.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Didn't AP hurt his knee in college, he turned out pretty decent if i must say :thumb:
        I'm pretty sure Peterson broke his collarbone diving into the endzone...

But I agree, you can't write off Lattimore because of one injury. I actually think it will save him from a lot of wear and tear, because Spurrier is running him to death down there!

Comment

Luck with that defense, no team would beat them.

I will say i'd like to see how Luck would do against Bama or LSU, who have NFL-style defenses.
          Exactly! Yes, it would be good for Luck to have a beast SEC defense. But he would also be going against brutal SEC defenses week in and week out. A 4 week run of- #17 FLA, TENN, #20 AUB, #2 BAMA would be a lot more challenging for Luck than the soft Pac 12 defenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
            Go for it...

Comment

Go for it...
              Alright. I thought I would start close to home.

Former Broncos runningback Toney Baker
              For those who don't remember Baker's short stint with the broncos here is some info on him. Baker measured at 5'10 235 pounds. He managed to still run a 4.5 after his knee injuries. He ran a 4.5 AFTER his knee injuries at 235 pounds. He was the #3 back in the country according to Rivals coming out of highschool. This kid was going to be a star. Then he injured his knees. And lemme tell you like Toney will tell you, knee injuries cause more knee injuries. Toney never started a game or even carried a football in the NFL.

Current Broncos runningback Willis McGahee
              Willis had more success in college than Baker so more info is availble on him. In college, McGahee broke several records in the 2002 season. He shattered school season records, carrying the ball 282 times for 1,753 yards (6.2 yards avg.) and 28 touchdowns. He gained 2,108 all-purpose yards during 2002, which remains a Hurricanes' season record. He was also a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, given to the nation's top player, finishing fourth in the voting (660 votes). In the early part of the fourth quarter during the 2003 Fiesta Bowl National Championship Game, McGahee suffered an injury after catching a screen pass from Dorsey. He was immediately hit by Buckeye safety Will Allen, bending his left knee backwards and causing tears of the ACL, PCL, and MCL. This injury required several surgeries and extensive rehabilitation before he would be able to play again. Willis McGahee ran a 4.28 before he injured his knee. After his injury he ran a 4.45. If we play the game of what if, Willis had he not injured his knee in college and then again with the Bills, could have been one of the top runningbacks ever with his size speed combo. Instead he has had an injury marred mediocre career.

Now I saved the best Bronco for last, Runningback Terrell Davis
              In 1998, Davis rushed for 2,008 yards, then the third highest rushing total in history. This performance earned him league MVP honors, his third straight AFC rushing title, his first NFL rushing title, and his second time being named NFL Offensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press. At the end of the season, the Broncos beat the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl XXXIII, with Davis recording 102 rushing yards and 50 receiving yards. In 1999, Davis tore the anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament of his right knee while trying to make a tackle on an interception thrown against the New York Jets, during the fourth game of the season. This injury kept him out for the remainder of the year. In 2000, Davis was sidelined for all but five games because of a stress reaction injury in his lower leg. In 2001, he only played in eight games because of arthroscopic surgery on both knees. He retired in 2002 after a 7 year career.

Running back Robert Edwards
              He became one of those players more famous for his injury than for his on-field accomplishments. Edwards was drafted by the New England Patriots in 1998 with the 18th pick in the first round and after rushing for 1,115 yards in his rookie season, suffered a freak knee injury while playing flag football in an NFL-sanctioned Pro Bowl Week event. The injury was so bad he almost lost his leg, and it took three years to rehabilitate. He would rush for only 107 more yards in his career.

I even have a study for you.
              The report, written by Dr. James L. Carey, was a collection of data on ACL injuries to both running backs and wide receivers from 1998-2002. Carey and his colleagues devised a "power rating" for each player in every season, and was defined as a sum of their total yards and touchdowns.

This group of injured players was compared to a group of players who played in 2000 and did not sustain an ACL injury. The rating compared the three seasons prior to the player's ACL injury (when the player was at 100 percent) to the three seasons after the player's ACL injury.

Of the 33 injured players in the report, 21 percent (seven of 33) never even returned to play in another regular-season contest in the NFL. The 79 percent of players that did return in nine to 12 months saw their numbers fall by one-third based on the rating. This decline was significant compared to the 146 players in the control group, so it was evident that a torn or damaged ACL caused a statistical downfall.
              Yes a player may be able to pull an Adrian Peterson, but it is far more likely that they will never be the same... or worse may never play again.
              Denver Broncos GM
              Originally posted by Mosk
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                I like Lattimore more. He is a truck to bring down, and is money inside the Redzone. I think you could argue that Richardson is a more well rounded back, but what we need is Redzone points, and that is Lattimore's specialty. He is an absolute TANK in between the tackles. He is basically the exact opposite of Moreno. He makes quick cuts, doesn't think too much, RARELY goes down on first contact, and always falls forward. I think there are some SC fans on here that could tell you more than me because they have probably seen a lot more of him.
                I'd argue that Lattimore is the more well rounded back while Richardson is a more pure runner than him.

Comment

it was his shoulder
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

• I like Richardson. But there's no way I have a problem taking either one.
                    Richardson. Lattimore is right behind him.

Comment

• This year we should be in postion to take Richardson. Next year who knows if we will be in postion to take Lattimore. Either of these guys are studs.

Comment

Working...
                      X