No announcement yet.

What we DON'T need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And numbers define responsibilities thedraftNik not gaps. That's why no gap is numbered its shoulder responsibilitie for the defensive line. You never stunt fire the 1. It would be the A.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfootball39 View Post
      I know every college and nfl scheme is different but I've never seen gap numbers on defense. I have only seen technique or linemen responsibility called by numbers. Any proof otherwise or a different coaches vocabulary showing it and ill agree.

Good defensive ends demands double team. So by dwills definition he's a Nt. Ridiculous.

A Nt has everything by the position and front and more important technique. Any dt is suppose to demand double teams and command the los.
      The gaps are lettered. A, B, C. But teams will usually put their players in these gaps. In a 4-3;
      a team will have a nose in one of the A gaps
      a team will have an under tackle in one of the B gaps
      a team will have a defensive end in each C gap

I don't even know what the rest of your post is trying to say... You lost me at dwills definition.

Originally posted by ironfootball39 View Post
      And numbers define responsibilities thedraftNik not gaps. That's why no gap is numbered its shoulder responsibilitie for the defensive line. You never stunt fire the 1. It would be the A.
      The responsibilities are in the gaps...

A gap is in between the guard and center. B gap is in between the guard and tackle. C gap is outside the tackle. The 1 technique refers to where the lineman lines up. I think I wrote this less clear in my post. I know you don't blitz the 1. You blitz the A. My mistake for not elaborating enough on A, B, and C in my post.
      Denver Broncos GM
      Originally posted by Mosk
      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Agreed, on all counts,

With CB though some insurance with perhaps Brandon Boylin an underrated diverse pick can help

With WR we may not have Eddie so T.Y in the 4th provides us with a good stable. Especially if St can't stay healthy

With 3rd down offering better protection with an elite FB is a must

We still need a C it seems and that will improve G play as well as improve all other positions

I worry about UT still but I am waiting to see how WR plays out because as a need it may not be a top priority. This will improve Line and lb issues.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
        X