what would it take to get mallett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would it take to get mallett

if we dont fail hard enough to get luck or jones I see Mallet as the best option. What would it take to get him from NE

Probably a 2nd or a 3rd and a conditional pick.

Coach Bill is smart and will think of what helps out his team. So a 3rd and conditional would be the smart trade.

But that is only if I think Brian Brohm is a legit back-up if Brady goes down.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I think a second would be worth it. he showed promise in the preseason, has a rocket of arm and his height gives him great field vision. We d need to get him early so he could start learning our terrible offensive scheme but still i like him better than anyone not named Luck.

Comment

not a good fit with our horrible oline play. we need a qb that is mobile as well as a pocket passer

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Probably a 2nd or a 3rd and a conditional pick.

Coach Bill is smart and will think of what helps out his team. So a 3rd and conditional would be the smart trade.

But that is only if I think Brian Brohm is a legit back-up if Brady goes down.
          They have Brian Hoyer. He is a very good backup quarterback.

Originally posted by killacal View Post
          not a good fit with our horrible oline play. we need a qb that is mobile as well as a pocket passer
          We have a fine o line for any quarterback. Mallet has great pocket pressence and can get away from defenders. Sure he will not beat any one on the game but he would be our answer at the QB position.

Trade a second straight up for Ryan Mallet.

First deal we need to make this off season.

We need a quarterback.

Comment

I wouldnt do it. He had one impressive game in pre season and the rest were not. Plus we see how deceptive pre season numbers can be. I don't think the pats give him up unless its for the right price and with a second i rather draft a couple other prospects available.

Comment

I'd take Mallet over any QB in the 2012 draft not named Luck.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I think it would take a 1st rd pick to get Mallet, or a 2nd this year and a 2nd or 3rd rd pick in 2013.
                sigpic

Comment

I think mallet would be our 3rd best QB option this year. Behind luck and RGIII

Comment

People really need to get over RGIII. He has zero chance of being a Bronco. I highly doubt EFX has even spoken his name.
                    If you don't know why, you must have not been paying attention to EFX or the message board.

Mallet is the 2nd best option under Luck, followed by Foles, Jones, Cousins, Flynn and Keenum.

IMO, one of these will be Broncos next season.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

^^^ he is carrying his team and is very accurate. He's better than Vick coming out of college

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                        ^^^ he is carrying his team and is very accurate. He's better than Vick coming out of college
                        Elway has made it clear. They want a pocket passing QB, whom has some mobility that is only used when needed. Not as a first option, or when the QB can't read the defense.

Understand me when I say it, I am not bagging on Robert, I think he is great, could do wonders in the NFL. But considering Adam Giese isn't that good of a QB coach, I mean he was our WR coach. Plus Fox and McCoy not knowing what to do with QB's that can do other things other than sitting like a doll in the pocket.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I love you for starting this thread, i was thinking this during our game
                          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                            I think it would take a 1st rd pick to get Mallet, or a 2nd this year and a 2nd or 3rd rd pick in 2013.
                            Just noticed you have a picture of Matt Flynn.
                            Are you high on him, do you think he would be a good FA sign for the Broncos?
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              Elway has made it clear. They want a pocket passing QB, whom has some mobility that is only used when needed. Not as a first option, or when the QB can't read the defense.

Understand me when I say it, I am not bagging on Robert, I think he is great, could do wonders in the NFL. But considering Adam Giese isn't that good of a QB coach, I mean he was our WR coach. Plus Fox and McCoy not knowing what to do with QB's that can do other things other than sitting like a doll in the pocket.
                              are you kidding? Griffin III is as much a pocket passing QB as Luck, he doesn't leave the pocket unless it breaks down or it's a designed run.

It's amazing how people label RGIII as a scrambling quarterback. he's the most accurate QB in the nation, stat wise, and he makes more impressive throws than Luck

EDIT: is Griffin III, from a style of play point of view, not the quarterback that most resembles Elway? He guns the ball down the field, and uses his legs to improvise, but not to take off and run right off the bat, and they're about the same size.
                              Last edited by BroncoooJohnson; 11-02-2011, 08:32 AM.
                              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Working...
                              X