Revisiting the Von Miller Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisiting the Von Miller Pick

Just wondering how everyone feels about the Von Miller pick still at this point. I'm still, and always will be, wondering if we didn't miss out on not picking Dareus. He had two sacks this last weekend and dominated the Redskins' O-Line. Miller was completely absent this last weekend and am a little concerned about his ability to dominate the game. Time will tell though....
    sigpic

Didn't he have a sack in every game up until this one?

bold prediction: Miller will have a much better career, and a longer one, than Dareus.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

What we got in bunkley is what we probably would have gotten in dareus in my opinion. Im not sure if we could have gotten what we have in von Miller in free agency. And thats why he was picked up. I have no doubts that he was the best pick for denver.

Comment

In almost every game except the Titans game Miller has been a factor. When you go down early in a game and get down by as bad as the Broncos did its hard to just blitz. Miller makes plays on a consistent basis. This is the first week I've ever heard Dareus's name mentioned so i'd say Miller was the right pick.

Comment

Keep building the talent on defense and Von will be a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
            What we got in bunkley is what we probably would have gotten in dareus in my opinion. Im not sure if we could have gotten what we have in von Miller in free agency. And thats why he was picked up. I have no doubts that he was the best pick for denver.
            Yeah, you are probably right. He is a very dynamic player. I'm just not sure our other Dlineman are doing him much of a favor. Doom is getting some pressure but our interior dline is gettting nothing. It just seemed like he was eaten alive last weekend and was really ineffective. It seems like he is trying to rely on his speed way to much. He can definitely use some schooling on multiple pass rushing moves.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
              Just wondering how everyone feels about the Von Miller pick still at this point. I'm still, and always will be, wondering if we didn't miss out on not picking Dareus. He had two sacks this last weekend and dominated the Redskins' O-Line. Miller was completely absent this last weekend and am a little concerned about his ability to dominate the game. Time will tell though....
              one game he doesn't have a sack after the 5 consecutive games he had a sack. Didn't the redskins get sacked like 9 times that game?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos2024 View Post
                In almost every game except the Titans game Miller has been a factor. When you go down early in a game and get down by as bad as the Broncos did its hard to just blitz. Miller makes plays on a consistent basis. This is the first week I've ever heard Dareus's name mentioned so i'd say Miller was the right pick.
                Miller had a FF in the Titans game.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                  one game he doesn't have a sack after the 5 consecutive games he had a sack. Didn't the redskins get sacked like 9 times that game?
                  Yes, they got sacked 9 times.

Comment

And Miller is still the better pick.

On pace for 10+ sacks, 4-5 FF's, he's been everything the Broncos could of asked for and more.

Not his fault we have holes all over the roster.

Comment

What do you mean Miller wasn't existent this weekend? he had multiple QB pressures and a tackle for loss. Just because someone isn't on a stat sheet doesn't mean he was nonexistent. I dont like this thread not one bit.
                      sigpic

Comment

Miller was one of the few guys actually playing this past sunday...did you not watch the game?

Comment

Oh, and Miller had a TFL for like 4-5 yards early in the game, and some QB pressures.

Von Miller is the last thing we're worried about.

You could do a poll on GD who's the better pick between Dareus and Miller, i'd bet 95% of them still say Miller. That is one thing this fanbase will agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Oh, and Miller had a TFL for like 4-5 yards early in the game, and some QB pressures.

Von Miller is the last thing we're worried about.

You could do a poll on GD who's the better pick between Dareus and Miller, i'd bet 95% of them still say Miller. That is one thing this fanbase will agree on.
                            yeah i am pretty happy to have a top ten line backer for the next few years. it sounds funs to watch any LBer can be the leadership role.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                              yeah i am pretty happy to have a top ten line backer for the next few years. it sounds funs to watch any LBer can be the leadership role.
                              IMO not sure that Miller will ever be that kind of leader. Seems to be a quiet kind of guy..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X