• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your source? Link?

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
      What's your source? Link?
      The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring player grades, rankings and stats for the NFL, fantasy football, and NFL Draft.

The place that watches and grades every play. You can only see play counts and stuff if you are a subscriber though.

Comment

56+192=248. 232 pass attempts against us and we've had 18 sacks. That's 250 alone not counting the number of times the qb dropped back and then scrambled.

Comment

Could you post other Sam backers play breakdowns for comparison and maybe clay Matthews as a rush LB for comparison? Lance Briggs at Sam

Comment

56+192=248. 232 pass attempts against us and we've had 18 sacks. That's 250 alone not counting the number of times the qb dropped back and then scrambled.
            Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Von is PFF's highest graded OLB for the season also if you're curious.

43 outside backers
            Lance Briggs - 43 snaps rushing the passer, 280 in pass coverage
            Sean Weatherspoon - 36 snaps rushing the passer, 250 in pass coverage
            *Weatherspoon is a weakside LB but it still points out the huge difference between a normal 43 OLB and Von.

34 rush backers
            Clay Mathews - 251 snaps rushing the passer, 58 in pass coverage
            Ahmad Brooks - 241 snaps rushing the passer, 70 in pass coverage

Comment

I'm not concerned with Wills because he plays Sam. Unless of course, you have DJ and Mays stats. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. And I'm saying it doesn't add up but Von is isn't in on every snap which makes sense.
              Do you think membersship o football focus is worth it since you obviously pay? And if were not trusting Von in coverage, it's my belief that this team is still fit for a 3-4. And should start
              Acquiring d-linemen accordingly to officially make the transition. And yes, Dareus does has scheme diversity. Don't know if Von does. He's playin well but now it is obvious he's not playing a traditional Sam style
              Last edited by Matymaddog; 11-03-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I'm not concerned with Wills because he plays Sam. Unless of course, you have DJ and Mays stats. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. And I'm saying it doesn't add up but Von is isn't in on every snap which makes sense
                If you know of any other SAMS Ill go and grab their number for ya. I just dont know the SAM backers on other teams.

Heres our other Bronco LBs
                Mays - 30 pass rush, 115 coverage
                DJ - 36 pass rush, 123 coverage
                Woodyard - 41 pass rush, 191 coverage

Comment

Nope, lance Briggs was enough. He's a traditional Sam in ever sense. Thanks for all of the info! Gives perspective.

Comment

I'm not concerned with Wills because he plays Sam. Unless of course, you have DJ and Mays stats. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. And I'm saying it doesn't add up but Von is isn't in on every snap which makes sense.
                    Do you think membersship o football focus is worth it since you obviously pay? And if were not trusting Von in coverage, it's my belief that this team is still fit for a 3-4. And should start
                    Acquiring d-linemen accordingly to officially make the transition. And yes, Dareus does has scheme diversity. Don't know if Von does. He's playin well but now it is obvious he's not playing a traditional Sam style
                    Now that its only 30 bucks I think its worth it. I like knowing what guys are playing good that the media doesnt talk about at all.
                    Von has graded out well in coverage and in run defense. He is at his best when he is trying to get after the Qb though.

I think Dareus would have been a better pick because great DT's are more valuable then a great SAM olb.

Comment

Well I personally would have taken both Dareus and Fairley at the time over Von. I naturally jumped on the Von bandwagon once we got him. I think Elway let his visions of DThomas cloud his judgement a little bit, I'm a huge believer in building the trenches first. Can we ever get someone that can draft the way this team should be? I wasn't big on the Franklin pick but I like the kids mean streak, I was largely disappointed in the Moore pickup. Loved the Irving and Carter picks though. Wasn't big on Julius Thomas, green was good value, mike Mohammed pick had me utterly confused and I would have demanded herZlich over beal all day

Comment

Still can't believe we passed on Cody last year

Comment

Great pick, Dareus would have been a good pick too, but Miller has potential to be great. His first step is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                            Great pick, Dareus would have been a good pick too, but Miller has potential to be great. His first step is awesome
                            That's the cusp of it though....pretty hard to screw up a Top 8 selection in terms of player talent....unless it's DHB or JaMarcus Russell. The trick is to maximize that value by taking the elite player at the most difficult position to find. There's generally a reason teams usually don't take LBs in the Top 10, and that's positional availability. LB being perhaps the most bountiful of all positions.

Comment

miller is great, lets get some trench warriors next draft tho

Comment

Working...
                              X