Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronx - Full Round One Mock Draft - FEEDBACK WELCOME !!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bronx - Full Round One Mock Draft - FEEDBACK WELCOME !!!!!!!

    Any feedback welcome

    1 - Miami Dolphins – Andrew Luck, QB - Stanford

    Slam dunk pick. The Dolphins get the stud QB they need.

    2 - Indianapolis Colts – Matt Kalil, OT - USC

    The best player on the board. They slide Castonzo over to RT and Kalil starts day one at LT, they have a great pair of tackles to protect Manning and beyond for a number of years.

    3 - Seattle Seahawks – Matt Barkley, QB - USC

    Seattle, like many teams, need a QB. Pete Carroll and Barkley form an all USC partnership and Barkley plays the west coast system that Seattle like.

    4 - Jacksonville Jaguars – Justin Blackmon, WR – Oklahoma State

    Stafford needed CJ, Dalton needed A-J Green and now Gabbert gets a true #1 playmaker which the Jags so clearly lack at receiver.

    5 - Cleveland Browns – Quinton Coples, DE – North Carolina

    Cleveland got their NT last year in Phil Taylor and they continue to add talent, Detroit style, to the DL. Coples at 5 is very good value. I believe they will stick with McCoy and give him at least another season.

    6 - Denver Broncos – Landry Jones, QB - Oklahoma

    Jones has some question marks at the moment but also alot of talent. Denver will need a QB for next season and someone the franchise can build a system around. I think Fox and Elway would prefer a typical pocket passer over Griffin, who is accurate but also requires more work IMO.

    7 - Arizona Cardinals – Morris Claiborne, CB - LSU

    Arizona go back to the CB position and ensure they have 2 studs for a very long time. Jefferson is having to start and he is getting beat like a drum. Daryl Washington is emerging as a very good player in the middle of the D and things slowly fall into place in the desert, can Kolb emerge as that franchise QB ?

    8 - Minnesota Vikings – Dre Kirkpatrick, CB - Alabama

    Both CB’s off the board, The Vikings are DESPERATE for some backfield help. Winfield is ageing and Griffin is a marginal starter, Asher Allen is the back-up and you DO NOT want him lining up outside. J Allen will bring heat, now the backfield can take advantage.

    9 - Carolina Panthers – Alshon Jeffrey, WR – South Carolina

    Jeffrey stays in Carolina, The Panthers need a disruptive DT and safety help but there is no value here. You beat teams by putting points on the board and this gives Newton another weapon to work with.

    10 - St Louis Rams – Trent Richardson, RB - Alabama

    The Rams are disappointed to see Jeffrey go off the board but find Stephen Jacksons replacement. Richardson will form an excellent partnership with Bradford for many years and give the Rams the tough runner it was used to with Jackson. It will also give S-JAX the chance to take a step back and split carries and they can also mix in Carnell Williams as well.

    11 - Washington Redskins – Robert Griffin III, QB - Baylor

    Shanny gets his QB they do desperately need after going into this season with the awful duo of Grossman and Beck. With Griffins mobility he could be a more accurate version of Jake Plummer and we may see the bootlegs back in fashion. Burfict is a consideration but you need a QB to compete.

    12 - Tennessee Titans – David DeCastro, OG - Stanford

    The shocking running attack this year is not helped by CJ looking impatient and not 100 % fit but the interior of this line is very weak. At some point Locker will be coming in and he will need protection from the line and a running game. DeCastro is a stud and a great pick up for them.

    13 - Cincinnati Bengals – Alfonzo Dennard, CB - Nebraska

    Leon Hall is a good CB but Nate Clements is playing out his last few years and they don’t have much else to speak off. Dennards height will raise questions but he is very good in man and zone and also supports well against the run.

    14 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Michael Floyd, WR – Notre Dame

    Tampa does not have too many weaknesses but lack big play ability, even after they drafted A Benn. Floyd has a few question marks regarding his character but Tampa took in Blount and that has paid off for them and I think they have no problem giving Freeman another weapon and making the Bucs offense a little more diverse.

    15 - Chicago Bears – Jonathon Martin, OT - Stanford

    The Bears OL is still a mess. They have invested in Carimi to play RT and youngster Webb has done a steady job for a late round pick but when Martin falls to them they do not hesitate in giving Cutler a standout LT.

    16 - Cincinnati Bengals (From Oak) – Mark Barron, SS - Alabama

    The safety position has been a problem for a number of years. They have tried to patch it up but now is the time to draft a young stud. Maybe a reach but Barron has been a consistent leader for ‘bama and has 10 picks the last 2 seasons. He can also deliver some big hits and along with big Ray they have some fearsome players on that D.

    17 - Kansas City Chiefs – Alameda Ta’amu, NT - Washington

    They signed Kelly Gregg on a one year deal but he is 34 so Ta’amu steps in as a great replacement and starts from day one at a vital position.

    18 - Dallas Cowboys – Vontaze Burfict, ILB – Arizona State

    Dallas need to upgrade the LB core. Sean Lee has been brilliant but Brodie James and Brooking are not starters right now. On the outside Spencer has been solid and gotten a few sacks opposite Ware but is inconsistent. They simply cannot pass on Burfict who is great value at 18.

    19 - Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta) – Riley Reiff, OT - Iowa

    After getting Coples earlier the Browns turn to the other side of the ball and get some protection for McCoy. Thomas is a top LT but the right hand side of the line is a nightmare. Pashos is 31 and average at best and the back-ups have been shocking.

    20 - Buffalo Bills –Courtney Upshaw, OLB - Alabama

    Kelsay is solid but there is not much else to speak of and Merriman is always injured Courtney Upshaw is shooting up the draft board. Upshaw will provide the pass rush Merriman was supposed to and really help the TO happy Bills D.

    21 - San Francisco 49'ers – Mike Brewster, C – Ohio State

    They signed J Goodwin to replace Baas but he has been average at best, Goodwin is also 32 so the 49’ers bring in this physical center to take over. Gore and Smith are happy.

    22 - Detroit Lions – Manti Te’o, MLB – Notre Dame

    He has the speed to play in a 4-3 as well as the 3-4. Tulloch is doing a solid job but the Detroit LB core is not too impressive. Now they can pair Te’o with Suh in the front 7 and really get teams to start fearing them.

    23 - New York Jets – Zach Brown, OLB – North Carolina

    The Jets need to find someone who can get to the QB, I’m not a believer in Sanchez but I don’t think the Jets get rid of him yet. Not many holes in this team but they address this glaring one.

    24 - Houston Texans – Stephon Gilmore, CB – South Carolina

    The Texans made a good pick-up last offseason with J Joseph but Kareem Jackson on the opposite side has sucked badly this year. Gilmore is a very solid CB and will further help a depleted backfield.

    25 - New York Giants – Luke Kuechly, MLB – Boston College

    I like Greg Jones and so do NY but he is not a starter IMO. Kuechly is not the best athlete in the draft but has top notch intangibles and reads the game very well, along with being a tackling machine. Quite similar to Rolando McClain in Oakland.

    26 - Baltimore Ravens – Janoris Jenkins, CB – North Alabama

    Williams and Webb have given them solid play this season but there’s still not a whole lot of talent there. Jimmy Smith was the #1 pick last draft and he has enormous potential, although currently battling injuries, but for a team without a lot of holes Jenkins is an excellent addition. They may also target Lamar Miller to help spell Rice as Williams is on his last legs.

    27 - San Diego Chargers – Brandon Jenkins, OLB – Florida State

    I don’t think they are quite ready to quit on Larry English but they certainly cannot rely on him. Jenkins gives them another pass rushing threat.

    28 - Philadelphia Eagles – Devon Still, DT – Penn State

    This is by no means a poor group of DT’s but Still would be a very nice addition given his talent and youth. Cullen Jenkins has played very well but cannot have too many years left, Patterson is solid but never quite lived up to his pre-draft hype and Laws / Dixon excel at stopping the run but offer little pass rush.

    29 - Pittsburgh Steelers – Kelechi Osemele, LT – Iowa State

    While youngster Marcus Gilbert has been very good at RT the LT position is a real problem in Pittsburgh. Scott is no more than a fill in and they got so desperate that Max Starks came back but he has not got much football left in him. Osemele is a huge, Steeler type player, that has been at LT for Iowa State and has been excellent, he will sneak into round one.

    30 - New England Patriots (From NO) – Jared Crick, DT - Nebraska

    With NE now in a 4-3 and Haynesworth not having much left I think this would be an excellent pick up for Belicheck. The injury may concern some teams but I think NE get a steal here. He is 6-6, 285 and has enormous potential.

    31 - New England Patriots – Dont’a Hightower, MLB - Alabama

    NE get more help for that 32nd ranked D. Brandon Spikes has been pretty poor this year and NE fans want him sent back to the bench. He can play in the 3-4 or 4-3 and has all the tools to be an excellent addition to this D.

    32 - Green Bay Packers – LaMichael James, RB - Oregon

    A reach ? Maybe, but the Packers can afford to take this luxury pick. They normally like to address the lines so someone like Worthy or Winn may be the pick but this gives them an element they don’t have, an explosive back out of the backfield.


  • #2
    Jonathan Martin doesn't slide to fifteen. Especially with the Rams sitting at Ten. Sam is tied for the most hits on a qb this year. Or the broncos whose right tackle has been responsible for 3/4ths of the sacks (on the team that is tied six for sacks). However I feel like we beat oak and maybe a couple more to put us out of reach for martin.

    I feel I have read the same reasonings on your jags and browns drafts word for word. Maybe some minds think a like.

    Kolb is another punching bag for the defensive lines of the nfl. I wouldn't be surprised if riley/Martin picked up or Richardson to compete with wells to spark a running game and help kolb out.

    A bit of other changes and its aight.
    Last edited by ironfootball39; 11-04-2011, 06:11 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ironfootball39 View Post
      Jonathan Martin doesn't slide to fifteen. Especially with the Rams sitting at Ten. Sam is tied for the most hits on a qb this year. Or the broncos whose right tackle has been responsible for 3/4ths of the sacks (on the team that is tied six for sacks). However I feel like we beat oak and maybe a couple more to put us out of reach for martin.

      I feel I have read the same reasonings on your jags and browns drafts word for word. Maybe some minds think a like.

      Kolb is another punching bag for the defensive lines of the nfl. I wouldn't be surprised if riley/Martin picked up or Richardson to compete with wells to spark a running game and help kolb out.

      A bit of other changes and its aight.
      Is still feel Denver go QB over any other position.

      TENN need interior help so I can't see them getting him. Arizona is the one team who might jump on him to protect Kolb but after PP the CB situation is awful and the chance to have 2 shut downs will be very tempting.

      Comment


      • #4
        Don't see Martin falling that far, i could see us take him given where we are.

        We could honestly go anywhere in the 1st other then S/LB and it woudn't surprise me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          Is still feel Denver go QB over any other position.

          TENN need interior help so I can't see them getting him. Arizona is the one team who might jump on him to protect Kolb but after PP the CB situation is awful and the chance to have 2 shut downs will be very tempting.
          Kolb is playing awful. I really doubt they don't fix his supporting cast to try and save his progression. Tackle is toooo much of a need for them. Look at the qb hits and rushes on him.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ironfootball39 View Post
            Kolb is playing awful. I really doubt they don't fix his supporting cast to try and save his progression. Tackle is toooo much of a need for them. Look at the qb hits and rushes on him.
            Yeah I don't disagree, Martin is an option but they can address the LT position in FA or round 2. 2 top young CB's can let their D do so much that I believe they will consider it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
              Yeah I don't disagree, Martin is an option but they can address the LT position in FA or round 2. 2 top young CB's can let their D do so much that I believe they will consider it.
              2 rd 1 cbs will make 1 not look like a rd 1 cb

              T is more of a need here. You have a young qb doing below average. The same player you gave good value for.

              You have to save the shipwreck at this point.

              Comment


              • #8
                osmele an og prospect
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                  osmele an og prospect
                  He's played great this year at LT.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm not real good at predicting how other teams think, but the Denver pick is very plausible. Jones has the tools to be a good pocket QB, and I think you're right about the front office wanting a pocket qb. I'm afraid they'll let Tebow play until his contract escalators are about to kick in, then they'll put in Brady Quinn. If Quinn isn't super-impressive, then they'll get a franchise QB in the draft, and I think that QB will be, as you say, a pocket QB -- Luck, Barkley, Jones or perhaps Foles.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Landry Jones is terrible.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
                        I'm not real good at predicting how other teams think, but the Denver pick is very plausible. Jones has the tools to be a good pocket QB, and I think you're right about the front office wanting a pocket qb. I'm afraid they'll let Tebow play until his contract escalators are about to kick in, then they'll put in Brady Quinn. If Quinn isn't super-impressive, then they'll get a franchise QB in the draft, and I think that QB will be, as you say, a pocket QB -- Luck, Barkley, Jones or perhaps Foles.
                        Someone could correct me, but i think Tebow's contract is paid for this year, may be wrong though..

                        And if we play Quinn long enough, we could owe a 3rd round pick.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          we should take 2 qb's


                          take kellen in the 2nd/3rd or some other dude. That'd be weird lol.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            He's played great this year at LT.
                            No he has not. He is bad. I don't even like him in round 3.

                            Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                            Landry Jones is terrible.
                            The top 3 quarterbacks all have their question marks:

                            Andrew Luck: Not much of a resume in comeback vicotries or tight games as he isn't in the situatio0n much. However against USC he was perfect in the clutch. Got the win.

                            Landry Jones: He will let some throws get away from him when pressured. Also makes some questionable decisions.

                            Matt Barkley: He doesn't play as good down the stretch of seasons and also makes questionable decisions.

                            I don't think he is terrible. He will be a great pickup for us. I would love the pick. We need a real quarterback.

                            Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            Any feedback welcome

                            1 - Miami Dolphins – Andrew Luck, QB - Stanford

                            Slam dunk pick. The Dolphins get the stud QB they need.

                            2 - Indianapolis Colts – Matt Kalil, OT - USC

                            The best player on the board. They slide Castonzo over to RT and Kalil starts day one at LT, they have a great pair of tackles to protect Manning and beyond for a number of years.

                            3 - Seattle Seahawks – Matt Barkley, QB - USC

                            Seattle, like many teams, need a QB. Pete Carroll and Barkley form an all USC partnership and Barkley plays the west coast system that Seattle like.

                            4 - Jacksonville Jaguars – Justin Blackmon, WR – Oklahoma State

                            Stafford needed CJ, Dalton needed A-J Green and now Gabbert gets a true #1 playmaker which the Jags so clearly lack at receiver.

                            5 - Cleveland Browns – Quinton Coples, DE – North Carolina

                            Cleveland got their NT last year in Phil Taylor and they continue to add talent, Detroit style, to the DL. Coples at 5 is very good value. I believe they will stick with McCoy and give him at least another season.

                            6 - Denver Broncos – Landry Jones, QB - Oklahoma

                            Jones has some question marks at the moment but also alot of talent. Denver will need a QB for next season and someone the franchise can build a system around. I think Fox and Elway would prefer a typical pocket passer over Griffin, who is accurate but also requires more work IMO.
                            I can see it playing out exactly like that. I hope it does also. I would like Jones.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                              we should take 2 qb's


                              take kellen in the 2nd/3rd or some other dude. That'd be weird lol.
                              Screw it!! Let's go all out!! My new mock-

                              1- Matt Barkley
                              2- Nick Foles
                              3- Ryan Tannehill
                              4- Ryan Lindley
                              5- Brandon Weeden
                              6- Kellen Moore
                              7- Case Keenum

                              One of them's gotta be good right!?!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X