Cleveland Browns are prepared to let Peyton Hillis walk after the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Browns are prepared to let Peyton Hillis walk after the season

Unless things dramatically change for embattled running back Peyton Hillis, the Cleveland Browns are prepared to let him walk after this season, according to reports.

Browns' Wallace: Players see 'a change' in Hillis this season

Barring a significant turnaround, the Cleveland Browns are prepared to let running back Peyton Hillis walk after this season, The Plain Dealer reported Saturday, citing league sources.

"It's one thing after another, and what's been out there isn't even the half of it," one source told the newspaper.

Backup quarterback Seneca Wallace confirmed a report that veteran Browns players encircled Hillis for an intervention-style meeting this week to encourage him to remain focused on football.

"I think everybody's noticed a little bit of a change in him, but he could have some family issues or something," Wallace told the newspaper. "Maybe his priorities have changed. We have a whole new staff, so a lot of things have changed. Maybe some of it's overblown."

Some players were piqued to see Hillis leave Cleveland to get married in Arkansas last Tuesday instead of getting treatment on the injured hamstring that he tweaked again Friday. The Browns officially downgraded Hillis on Saturday, ruling him out for Sunday's game against the Texans.

"Of course we're going to be a little upset if Peyton's not in there getting his treatment," said Wallace. "We're a team, and we rely on each other. But if he felt he wanted to go get married that day, that's his business. You never really know what a person is going through. You don't know what type of influences a person might have. I don't know the stuff that Peyton has going on in his life."

Hillis erupted onto the scene last season by carrying the Browns' offense with 1,177 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns. He's appeared in only four games this year, battling an assortment of injuries and rushing for just 211 yards. The question now is when -- or if -- he'll be seen again in Cleveland's backfield.

It highlights yet another long, painful season for a city that -- if you're under the age of 25 -- has almost no memory of this team's once proud achievements.
    Mods- You can merge this if you like, but I didn't see any immediate threads about Hillis.

I would be stoked if we brought him back. He could take over for McGahee as the primary RB and Moreno (if he stays) can remain as the change of pace/3rd down guy.

He will go where he can be the feature back/get the most money. I don't see that being the broncos. If he was to come to Denver he would be splitting carries with mcgahee. If denver can bring him back for the right price then fine if not then no. He will probably end up with the lions they might need him. Best is a small back with concussion issues and they have a guy they drafted coming off an Achilles injury next year.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Mods- You can merge this if you like, but I didn't see any immediate threads about Hillis.

I would be stoked if we brought him back. He could take over for McGahee as the primary RB and Moreno (if he stays) can remain as the change of pace/3rd down guy.
      he's always injured. wheels are about to fall off. No thanks.

Comment

no don't want him back

Comment

hell yea I'd take him back.
          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I'd take him back. I think his injury is being over played. I think he is fine, but just doesn't wanna play for the Browns, and his way of showing it, is being a a-hole to the team, and over playing his injury. He has not been as injured as people think, but is he selling it good.

He doesn't like that team, and I don't blame them. I'd be happy to have him back in Denver, ditch Moreno.
            Besides, if he does comeback to Denver, it's a automatic trade win.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              I'd take him back. I think his injury is being over played. I think he is fine, but just doesn't wanna play for the Browns, and his way of showing it, is being a a-hole to the team, and over playing his injury. He has not been as injured as people think, but is he selling it good.

He doesn't like that team, and I don't blame them. I'd be happy to have him back in Denver, ditch Moreno.
              Besides, if he does comeback to Denver, it's a automatic trade win.
              Do you really want someone who 'acts' like that on the team?!? really he is getting PAID to play football. That is his job. if he is 'pretending' to be hurt that would make me want him even less....

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                Do you really want someone who 'acts' like that on the team?!? really he is getting PAID to play football. That is his job. if he is 'pretending' to be hurt that would make me want him even less....
                The guy doesn't like Cleveland. Nobody knows if he likes or dislikes Denver. All we know is, if he doesn't like the team he is on or the role he is playing, then he acts like this. In honestly, if he preforms well on the field for this team if signed, then he can be a a-hole all he wants.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I dont want him here. Whats the difference between him and Marshall now? He is faking injuries

Comment

I'd welcome him back, IF he had the right attitude.
                    While some might disagree, he reeks of "Diva" status right now.

But, hey, the Quinn trade maybe wasn't so one-sided after all.
                    sigpic

Comment

not with his attitude
                      MOORE 26 & MILLER 58

Comment

I have 0 interest in him anymore. He's becoming Marshall 2.0
                        Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

all these people saying he's marshall remember marshall played and didnt fake injuries
                          MOORE 26 & MILLER 58

Comment

The curse of McD is that a lot of his moves look better in the rear view mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by evski19 View Post
                              all these people saying he's marshall remember marshall played and didnt fake injuries
                              Somebody doesn't remember the last couple games of Marshall's Bronco career... He had a hammy and didn't want to risk reinjuring so he decided that he didn't want to play.
                              Denver Broncos GM
                              Originally posted by Mosk
                              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Working...
                              X