X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 draft prospect, 2 positions fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhaeh...eature=related
    Go Broncos!!!

I've gone back and forth about Foles, and right now I'm not in his camp. He is a statue in the pocket, and his arm strength is probably a 6 out of 10, which means that in the face of a blitz, he will flutter a ton of passes, especially the out cuts. However, I'll say this: his first slew of games this year were played under a dead-fish coach, and the team's collective effort showed it.

I think we'll have a top 10 pick, and I have no problem going after Barkley is Luck isn't there via trade. I have no desire for Landry Jones, I don't like his make-up.
    Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

Originally posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
      I've gone back and forth about Foles, and right now I'm not in his camp. He is a statue in the pocket, and his arm strength is probably a 6 out of 10, which means that in the face of a blitz, he will flutter a ton of passes, especially the out cuts. However, I'll say this: his first slew of games this year were played under a dead-fish coach, and the team's collective effort showed it.

I think we'll have a top 10 pick, and I have no problem going after Barkley is Luck isn't there via trade. I have no desire for Landry Jones, I don't like his make-up.
      I don't have much knowledge of all the QB's except some youtube videos I found.

I'd say...
      Luck, Foles, ???? Not a big fan of Jones or Barkley
      Go Broncos!!!

Comment

If we had a vet we could trust to start for 1-2 years then yeah I say lets draft him in the third. I think he might fall there.
        Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 11-01-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Hmm, Foles is someone we should look at, but i think he would need to sit for a year.

Haven't seen much of him though.

Maybe broncosSB2010 who's a Arizona fan can tell someone of us that don't know much about him more.

Comment

He's very comparable to Joe Flacco as far as his physical tools and style of play. Better mobility though.
            sigpic
            God Bless. Go Broncos.

Comment

He'll be stud if he's drafted into a good situation, methinks. A Kansas City or Washington would be great for him, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Hmm, Foles is someone we should look at, but i think he would need to sit for a year.

Haven't seen much of him though.

Maybe broncosSB2010 who's a Arizona fan can tell someone of us that don't know much about him more.
                I've been saying for 2 years now he will be a very good NFL QB! I'm not sure why someone said his arm strength is weak since I have seen him make many throws deep down the field with a good completion percentage. His accuracy is very good on all types of throws and last week he threw a bullet all the way across the field while scrambling on a medium out route for a 1st down.,..that was a nice throw! One thing I like about him is his decision making. He rarely makes a bad throw into coverage or to the wrong receiver. If no one is open he has no problem throwing it away or running for a few yards. He is not a very good runner but has very nice movement in the pocket and escapes pressure pretty well, not great but does a decent job.

Someone said he is a statue in the pocket and I agree to a certain extent. He isn't immobile and can scramble well out of the pocket when needed but he will stand in the pocket in the face of pressure and still get the pass off. That's not a bad thing, imo.

One area that he lacks in is playing from under center, The team runs a type of inverted wishbone pistol offense a lot in the run game with 3 RBs and a shotgun spread formation in the passing game. I don't think I have ever seen him take a snap from under center before.

Overall I think Foles will be a good NFL QB but, like a couple people have mentioned, may take a year or two to develop. He may be a 3rd round pick right now but I think his stock rises after the senior bowl, which I think he will play in, and the combine. When people see him next to other top QBs I think they will pleasantly surprised with his skill set. I would be very happy to see his name called on draft day.
                sigpic

Comment

From looking at game tape of foles he is a younger kyle orton why?

-good enough to throw accurate 25 yard balls
                  -terrible deep ball
                  -lets the pressure greatly impact his decisions
                  - not athletic

Comment

Demps or Rainey?

I'm a Demps man myself
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Michael Hayes

Comment

I would love either. Demps has a bit more behind him power wise.

Rainey has a bit more versatility as far as slot receiving duties.

I would love both. We need some explosiveness.

Adding a guy like Demps or Rainey to a backfield with Magahee would be ideal.

Comment

I like demps. But I like another Rainey. Bobby Rainey. But if demps stays on the board until the 4th round i think he could be a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            I'm a Demps man myself
                            neither of them. I want a RB who can the load every down if needed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              neither of them. I want a RB who can the load every down if needed.
                              Neither is a feature back, but they could easily do what Reggie Bush, or Sproles does, although I give Sproles the edge in durability over Demps.

Comment

Working...
                              X