Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampa Bay claims dt hayneswoth off waivers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tampa Bay claims dt hayneswoth off waivers

    Should the Broncos claim him off waivers? I don't think it would hurt to kick the tires on this one. He would come here on the cheap too.
    The Train stops here!!

  • #2
    No. His best years are behind him... he wants to get paid to do nothing. Besides, haven't we given more chances to enough Patriots releasees yet?
    You should leave a Bronco game at Mile High with little to no voice...

    Comment


    • #3
      Hasn't been a distraction in NE and would atleast provide better depth at DT. I say yes.
      sigpic
      Thanks, MHS!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by x2kjosh View Post
        No. His best years are behind him... he wants to get paid to do nothing. Besides, haven't we given more chances to enough Patriots releasees yet?
        I'm with you
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

        Comment


        • #5
          Hasnt been a distraction. we could get him cheap! and i think Dawkins and Champ could keep him in line.. plus fox loves his defensive guys we run the 4-3 i think theres a chance he could excel with us

          Comment


          • #6
            Umm, no please.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think that in order to claim him off waivers you have to pay him his contract. Only if he clears waivers can you sign him to a reduced deal. I think.

              Comment


              • #8
                If Bill Belichick can't fix his character issues, than no one can. Stick a fork in him, he is done in the NFL, not even Denver is desperate enough to sign him, we don't need him. Bunkley and Thomas are fine.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

                Comment


                • #9
                  If we can get him dirt cheap what does it hurt? He could add to the team and honestly any extra help we can get on our line would be worth it. I realize he's underperformed since his big payday with washington but worst case scenario as long as he doesn't cost to much he comes in, can't contribute and we cut him loose.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    adbrandt Andrew Brandt
                    Haynesworth made $32M with Redskins, was making $1.5M with Patriots. If claimed, remaining $706,000 to new team; if not, Pats owe.



                    is he worth 700k to the team?

                    not sure

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      3 words

                      DEPTH....DEPTH....DEPTH!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                        adbrandt Andrew Brandt
                        Haynesworth made $32M with Redskins, was making $1.5M with Patriots. If claimed, remaining $706,000 to new team; if not, Pats owe.



                        is he worth 700k to the team?

                        not sure
                        If a team claims him, the claiming team is responsible to pay Haynesworth the 700+ K. If no team claims Haynesworth, Haynesworth can sign where ever he wants the Pats would have to pay Haynesworth the 700+ K no matter what team signs with and plays for.
                        Denver Broncos
                        New York Yankees
                        New York Knicks
                        Colorado Avalanche


                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                          I think that in order to claim him off waivers you have to pay him his contract. Only if he clears waivers can you sign him to a reduced deal. I think.
                          ^This, for depth alone.
                          Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

                          elecshoc
                          You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Do it. The guy loves playing in the 4-3 and can be dominant. At 700k it is worth the risk. Maybe a defensive coach like Fox can inspire him to be the player he can be. I like Bunkley and Thomas, but depth on the D line never hurts.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by L-TRAIN View Post
                              Should the Broncos claim him off waivers? I don't think it would hurt to kick the tires on this one. He would come here on the cheap too.
                              Really?

                              When Washington was looking to let him go, we had scores of fans wanting us to pick up this guy or even trade for him and take on his huge contract, arguing that it couldn't hurt.

                              The Pats picked him up and changed their defense from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to accommodate Fat Albert on the condition that he restructure his contract. Albert did.

                              Now, the Pats have found that he's not even worth the relatively small amount they were paying him on his restructured contract and have let him go.

                              And we STILL have people thinking that he's worth picking up?
                              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X