We do not need RB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We do not need RB!

Why is everyone all of sudden focused on getting a RB? CJ2K, Bush, drafting Richardson?

McGahee is signed for 4 years, just turned 30, and has fresh legs. He should be good as the main workhorse for at least 1 more year by the way he looks.

The thing with RBs is you can draft and play them their rookie year...it is not a position that needs 2-3 years grooming.

If we get a RB, I think 4th round or later is fine. If we want a workhorse wait until 2013. DT, OL, and CB are much higher priorities right now.

Just amazed how so many went from whining about us not taking a DT, to being all over a RB even though the one we have is a top 10 guy averaging over 5 ypc.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Shhhhhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone.

Remember Moreno sucks + Willis is old = draft runningback in first round!

/sarcasm
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

i think you have me wrong, i would love the signing of bush or lynch cause both of them look to be really good for the next 4-5 years or draft a mid to late rounder, like knile davis if he where to come out, or isiah paed i don't want to see us draft a high RB.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

No way Kniles Davis is gonna come out.

Fox would probably wants someone to get a runningback to pair with Mcgahee. He likes to have 2 runningbacks like he did with deangelo and Jonathan both drafted in the 1st

Comment

Find the best running teams in college year after year and you'll find some good offensive linemen.

Comment

It depends on how the Broncos front office sees Trent Richardson. If Elway, Fox and Xanders think that Richardson is a special player at the top of the board, he could be the pick. We can use the classic example of Adrian Peterson. The Vikings did not need a RB. Need should not be the focus on the 1st round. 4-3 OLB was not a major need for the Broncos. Wesley Woodyard leads the team in tackles (with a huge lead) and he is not a starter. But the team saw Von Miller as a special player because of his athleticism and Fox wanted to upgrade the speed on defense. And Fox says you need 2 guys to run the ball effectively during the season. The Broncos might be interested in having Richardson and McGahee as a 1-2 punch, making Moreno available for trade. It's also valid to worry about McGahee's durability/age.
            sigpic

Comment

We need another RB to compliment McGahee.I like Willis but we need a double threat since we are turning into a running team.I remember Denver used to have a stable of RB's back in the good days.If we could add Richardson or Matt Forte it would be the ideal situation imo.

Comment

I hope Mario Fannin comes back healthy next year.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We do need a RB. I agree we should avoid drafting one in the first round because honestly the returns on RB's in the long run nowadays don't warrant a 1st round pick imo.

But a 2nd or 3rd round investment in a back would be wise because Moreno hasn't shown much and McGahee while he's looked pretty good this year is getting on the wrong side of 30 and shouldn't be counted on to be a 250 plus carry type of back.
                  A book I wrote

Comment

We need a RB with speed. McGahee and Moreno are good but not fast. If Fannin comes back, or someone else reveals some speed, then we might not need to acquire a fast RB.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                      We need another RB to compliment McGahee.I like Willis but we need a double threat since we are turning into a running team.I remember Denver used to have a stable of RB's back in the good days.If we could add Richardson or Matt Forte it would be the ideal situation imo.
                      The stable of good RBs were all 4th round picks or later, it was the OL and RB system that made our run game go.

Guys like Bush and Richardson are not compliment backs, they are featured backs. Drafting/signing one just replaces 10 McGahee carries with their carries and relegates Ball to the bench.

4th round or later there will be plenty 10-15 carry guys, and some real gems:

Bernard Pierce
                      Cyrus Gray
                      Montee Ball
                      Dan Herron
                      Vick Ballard
                      Tauren Poole
                      Davin Meggett
                      Brandon Bolden
                      Jeff Demps
                      Bobby Rainey

This is an exceptionally deep RB class. IF a guy really slides, I could see using a third, but no way, in this draft, with McGahee looking so good...do I use a 1st or a 2nd.
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        This is an exceptionally deep RB class. IF a guy really slides, I could see using a third, but no way, in this draft, with McGahee looking so good...do I use a 1st or a 2nd.
                        I agree, and I wouldn't mind seeing most of those guys drafted by us. But if someone like LaMichael James falls to us in the 3rd, I would love to take him, and I'm sure Fox would too.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                          Why is everyone all of sudden focused on getting a RB? CJ2K, Bush, drafting Richardson?

McGahee is signed for 4 years, just turned 30, and has fresh legs. He should be good as the main workhorse for at least 1 more year by the way he looks.

The thing with RBs is you can draft and play them their rookie year...it is not a position that needs 2-3 years grooming.

If we get a RB, I think 4th round or later is fine. If we want a workhorse wait until 2013. DT, OL, and CB are much higher priorities right now.

Just amazed how so many went from whining about us not taking a DT, to being all over a RB even though the one we have is a top 10 guy averaging over 5 ypc.
                          You can't continue to run your 30 year old RB into the ground. You need someone who can atleast spell him here & there, and that's not KM or Ball so far. If you can get a guy who can help him carry the load, that can ONLY HELP us. More weapons ARE ALWAYS A GOOD THING. Do you think GB would turn down ANOTHER explosive weapon? No they wouldn't, because it makes everybody's job easier from the O to the D to the STs. Weapons are always good things, especially if you're counting on an aging 30 year old to contribute
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

My opinion would be to draft the BPA in the first round and then try to fill need positions with the second and third round picks and then try to find a running back later in the draft as well as backup for OL, DL and CB.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                              No way Kniles Davis is gonna come out.

i understand the chances of davis coming out, but i mean if he does no doubt in my mind he is there with our third, he is a bronco, i would maybe take him in the second. i believe with davis alot will depend on if he is not to hurt to hit offseason, cause if he runs in the high 4.2 low 4.3 at 220 pounds then his stock would still be pretty high
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X