No announcement yet.

Its Simple...Trade Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no problem with Goody's coverage skills, it is the tackling that gets me.

CB is maybe the hardest position to judge because the stats never tell you the whole story. Yards, YAC, Coverage sacks, so on need to be factored in.

I would say that we have had about the worse back end support of any safety group, and the CBs count on these guys. Both rookies have been less than good and BDawk just gets there late.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• The LSU DL.
      Denver Broncos GM
      Originally posted by Mosk
      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
        I have no problem with Goody's coverage skills, it is the tackling that gets me.

CB is maybe the hardest position to judge because the stats never tell you the whole story. Yards, YAC, Coverage sacks, so on need to be factored in.

I would say that we have had about the worse back end support of any safety group, and the CBs count on these guys. Both rookies have been less than good and BDawk just gets there late.
        Carter has been great. And Moore was hit and miss, making great and terrible plays. Both will only get better and more consistent with time.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• Carter has been timid, and Moore has been inconsistent at best. I am sure both will improve, but does not change the fact our safeties have hung our CBs out to dry a few times.

Comment

I have no problem with Goody's coverage skills, it is the tackling that gets me.

Yeah but I've seen Goodman make a lot of flat out stupid decisions in coverage this year. Vaughn was making some of the same decisions, but Goodman has played for over a decade. He shouldn't make some of the mistakes he's made this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Yeah but I've seen Goodman make a lot of flat out stupid decisions in coverage this year. Vaughn was making some of the same decisions, but Goodman has played for over a decade. He shouldn't make some of the mistakes he's made this season.

No doubt, but almost any rookie is going to be as bad or worse.

I am not advocating Goody for the long haul, but if we have playoff aspirations for 2013, Goody is fine and would look even better with improved safety support.

We have an opportunity to groom a guy for a year, if there is a talented but raw guy in round 3 or 4...I think we should take that route.

Comment

• Biggest defensive needs are at

DE/DT/CB

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                  Biggest defensive needs are at

DE/DT/CB

I am slowly easing off DT each week McBean continues to perform, shocking I know.

As of today McBean ranks tied for 2nd in TFL and 9th in sacks for all DTs...it really has been a coming out year. I believe this is his first year playing in a 4-3, so maybe that was the key.

Most DL take a couple years to establish their play level (unless we are talking top 10 picks of course).

Starting to believe locking up Thomas and McBean for 4 more years along with Bunkley for 5...may be the way to go. Those three would be under contract through age 31...I could deal with that.

Comment

I am slowly easing off DT each week McBean continues to perform, shocking I know.

As of today McBean ranks tied for 2nd in TFL and 9th in sacks for all DTs...it really has been a coming out year. I believe this is his first year playing in a 4-3, so maybe that was the key.

Most DL take a couple years to establish their play level (unless we are talking top 10 picks of course).

Starting to believe locking up Thomas and McBean for 4 more years along with Bunkley for 5...may be the way to go. Those three would be under contract through age 31...I could deal with that.

the Broncos need about 4-5 good DT, not just one or two.

Comment

• Defensive Tackle:

We must re-sign all of our guys who are off contract. Mcbean, Bunkley and Thomas. All are playing well and need to be extended. Vickerson who is not very good at all will come back and be the bottom of the depth chart and hopefully we draft a young penetrating 3 tech in free agency. Maybe a guy like Kheeston Randall.

Have a Defensive Tackle group of:

Bunkley
                      Thomas
                      Mcbean
                      Randall
                      Vickerson

Cornerback

Right now with Andre Goodman he is getting targeted a tone and although we need some youth and draft a corner who should start day 1 I think Goodman here is good depth. He can start. We have Champ Bailey and we get Syd Thompson back so that is good news. Vaughn is not very good but has special team ability so he would probably stay. I think Chris Harris is developing nicely and has good potential. I like having Wilhite who can play some safety and back that up however he isn't great. I think if we can sign a free agent like Terrell Thomas if he proves healthy and draft a Corner in the first 3 rounds then we will be in good shape. I like Xavier RHodes in the 2nd if he comes out and in the 3rd Casey Heyward from Vandy. I would love Claiborne but that is not a possibility unless we lose out which I doubt. So in my world we go into next season with a corner group of:

Champ Bailey
                      Terrell Thomas
                      Xavier Rhodes
                      Chris Harris
                      Syd Thompson
                      Cassius Vaughn

Defensive End

Elvis Dumervil is playing great and has been consistant all year long when he has played. He didn't get sacks but was constantly gettuing pressure. He is playing much better than he ever did as a 3-4 rush lienbacker. Robert Ayers is a nice solid player as is Jason Hunter. Both of them are good. However if you can get another starter who adds something as a power pass rusher and is good against the run that would be a great move. I think the free agency route would be the way to get that guy however I think Ayers is fine and servicable so you can possibly draft a guy in the 3-5 round area to be a developmental guy. Maybe a guy like Jared Crick. He gives you a versatile player as a 3 tech and DE. He could be a 3rd round pick and I would like to go into the year with:

Elvis Dumervil
                      Robert Ayers
                      Jared Crick
                      Jason Hunter

Overall I would spend 3 draft picks in the draft to address Defensive Needs. They would be a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.

2nd: CB-Xavier Rhodes
                      3rd: DE-Jared Crick
                      4th: DT-Kheeston Randall

You could use the 1st and two 5th round picks to get some explosive receivers, running backs and an offensive lineman.

Comment

• Good post john, pretty much agree, would do a backflip or try too if we signed Terrell Thomas if the Giants let him go. 6-0 or 6-1, very physical, had a huge year last season.

Agree with the rest of your post.

Deffff need to re-sign our 3 DT's, hopefully the reason they didn't spend much is to re-sign our own guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          Good post john, pretty much agree, would do a backflip or try too if we signed Terrell Thomas if the Giants let him go. 6-0 or 6-1, very physical, had a huge year last season.

Agree with the rest of your post.

Deffff need to re-sign our 3 DT's, hopefully the reason they didn't spend much is to re-sign our own guys.
                          Yeh I am guessing the reason we didn't go crazy is due to our guys needing to be re-signed. We have Clady also off contract after next season so that will be a big re-signing.

With 20 Million cap room we can afford to possibly grab one or two good guys in free agency and keep our guys who we still want.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

Overall I would spend 3 draft picks in the draft to address Defensive Needs. They would be a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.

2nd: CB-Xavier Rhodes
                            3rd: DE-Jared Crick
                            4th: DT-Kheeston Randall

You could use the 1st and two 5th round picks to get some explosive receivers, running backs and an offensive lineman.

Good stuff, confused on Goody, you say he could start but not on depth chart?

I do not see Crick lasting until the 3rd, but stranger things have happened.

Comment

Good stuff, confused on Goody, you say he could start but not on depth chart?

I do not see Crick lasting until the 3rd, but stranger things have happened.
                              Yeh I was just saying if we had to we could keep him around however guys with more potential are here and in my situation I would like to happen.

I see Crick lasting to the 3rd. Just me though.

Comment

Working...
                              X