X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    This weekend we saw Larod Stephens Howling win a game for the cardinals, Percy Harvin take 2 short passes for long scores, and Victor Cruz make some big catch and run plays.

Am I missing anybody?
    Williams from SF. We need to pay OUR FAs

Leave a comment:

• duhyaj
    replied
    Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    you do if they perform well. Thats how people get raises and bonuses
    I like the POv of teams like Cincy that write contracts and stick with them, I dont think you just hand out a huge new contract when that player clearly knew he was a high quality player and could have not signed the contract if he knew he was better than it.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    It depends on your business and the situation. You have a 30+ year old running back. He is contracted which would more than likely be the rest of his career. He is getting plenty good enough money.

Look at other guys in the business of the NFL:

Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Vincent Jackson, Cortland Finnegan.

All guys who deserved more money before they got off contract and they are on rookie salaries. Johnson finally got a new contract but deserved one a season earlier. He was a 2000 yard runner and then played a full season on like 500K per year.

Mcgahee is getting a tone of money. He doesn't need more. We don't need to give him more.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    You sign a contract to play your heart out, and quite often these contracts have incentives. I don't know if there are performance based incentives, but Willis is signed to try 100% and that's what he's doing.

Leave a comment:

• vLordChronicv
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    He is getting paid. No need. It is a business. You don't hand out money for no reason when you are running a business.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Jackson top 5 wr? ahahah

Hakeem Nicks is better then him i would maybe put jackson top 15 not 5.
    I said top 10, possibly top 5, because he was widely viewed as a top 5 receiver before Rivers decided to suck.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    on his way to another 1,000 yard rushing season... is there no benefit in rewarding players that perform for you?
    He is getting paid. No need. It is a business. You don't hand out money for no reason when you are running a business.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    on his way to another 1,000 yard rushing season... is there no benefit in rewarding players that perform for you?
    there is, but not in this situation. he gets over 3 mil average on the first two years, which is good running back money, even for 1000 yards rushing. If he got 1000 yards after those 2 seasons I'd help pay him myself

Leave a comment:

• vLordChronicv
    replied
    Jackson top 5 wr? ahahah

Hakeem Nicks is better then him i would maybe put jackson top 15 not 5.

Leave a comment:

• vLordChronicv
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    he's getting pretty good money, especially for a runningback, and ESPECIALLY for his age.

Leave a comment:

• vLordChronicv
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Jackson isn't a diva. Give me situation when he's been a diva. His biggest frustrations have been with the team losing, and he hasn't even thrown Rivers under the bus (which we would all do), and he's had one incident in his history in which his name has been in a bad light.

He's made less than 8 Million dollars in contract money in his career for being a top 10, possibly top 5 receiver. You give him the label of "diva" for NO reason at all.
    game vs raiders. Rivers in trouble,,, throws it up ,,,, jackson watches the ball go by him, Rivers gets pissed off and throws his hands up like ***? . This season where the Raiders beat them. He is a diva regardless of what you think about him.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Yeh I wouldn't call Jackson a diva at all. He has been held hostage by the Charger for years now when he has deserved a contract. He is not a diva.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    i would pay mcgahee some real money first.
    he's getting pretty good money, especially for a runningback, and ESPECIALLY for his age.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    i would pay mcgahee some real money first.
    I wouldn't. He is contracted for 3 years. No reaosn to up him. He is getting old and we should look to draft a guy to spell him and take over for him in 2013.

No need to up him.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    a very similair situation to this is the eagles. Look at Smith who played for the Giants , signed with the eagles this season. They treat this guy terribly the whole season and it was mainly a move to keep him away from the Giants. Smith is now saying in the media he wishes he was still a giant. I could only imagine what bringing in a diva like Jackson could do to our lockerroom while someone like Royal or Decker heads out the door.
    Jackson isn't a diva. Give me situation when he's been a diva. His biggest frustrations have been with the team losing, and he hasn't even thrown Rivers under the bus (which we would all do), and he's had one incident in his history in which his name has been in a bad light.

He's made less than 8 Million dollars in contract money in his career for being a top 10, possibly top 5 receiver. You give him the label of "diva" for NO reason at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X