No announcement yet.

BroncoooJohnson's Third Mock Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Jeffery is there it should be a no brainer. We would be the new "Lob city". Just throw it up to DT or Jeffery and we would be good to go.

I see us addressing CB in FA. Figuring we still use a later round pick on CB depth.

Comment

I would love to get a combination of Miller/Wolfe or Cox/Wilson, preferably the first there is just something about Wolfe I like he seems like the interior force we lack at the moment

Comment

Wassup with this Lamar Miller dude? Somebody talk him up, show me some highlights or something. He wasnt coached by Butch Davis, so i know he doesnt have the Portis, Mcgahee, or Gore pedigree.
        Convince me why at 5'11 212 lbs, (which is the same size knowshon was coming in) that he wont be injury prone like knowshon, because i seen highlights of him, just highlights not games, and came away un-impressed by his running style, he look about the same speed as knowshon, he pulled away from some defenders but lets face it, those werent no SEC defensive players he was running from. Those defenses i saw in those highlights looked slow and small.

Comment

I'd like that. I've watched Miller play, and I love his quickness and agility. Next Lesean McCoy, for sure. Plus, Miami's a good school to draft NFL players out of.

Stephon Gilmore is my favorite CB of this class. I would love to get him in the 2nd.
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

FYI

Demps going pro in track
            Recently graduated RB Jeff Demps will pursue a track career and a 2012 Summer Olympics berth rather than opportunities in the NFL. “Once I got done with the Gator Bowl, I kind of already had my mind made up, it was just when was I going to tell everyone,’’ Demps said.

Sorry, Raiders.
            Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
            You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

I'm not big on Lamar. He can't block, he doesn't catch often, he needs more balance and better vision. And I don't see him churning legs on contact. Doesn't break a lot of tackles either. I don't see any of lessan McCoy in him

Comment

Here are his Browns selections with my grades for the selections:

1a- WR Justin Blackmon; GRADE: B
                1b- QB Ryan Tannehill; GRADE: F
                2- CB Chase Minnifield; GRADE: A+
                3- DE Cam Johnson; GRADE: B
                4a- OT Levy Adcock; GRADE: C-
                4b- RB Isaiah Pead; GRADE: D

This draft overall: C

The Browns in this mock waste a selection on a quarterback when they could instead use it to draft a running back, offensive lineman or defensive end. Sure, in this mock they draft those players later, but in the cases of those players it is often too little, too late.

Adcock is not an effective offensive tackle. He is a liability in the running and passing game. Sure, he is fast as an offensive lineman, but he is not a valuable player in protecting the quarterback nor is he in opening up running lanes. If anything, he would be a depth lineman. Sure, the team needs depth but more importantly it needs starting calliber players. Pead is more of the same - a depth player or third down back at best.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I've wanted Miller for awhile and for where we will be drafting it's a great pick.

Good value with Gilmore but I can't see him falling to the end of round 2.

Don't know much about the other 2.

We do need to look at the DT position, It's not as bad as it has been in the past but we still need to upgrade it. Thomas is a good pass rusher and McBean has improved a little but we need a stud in there.

Warren will be back next year but he isn't young.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post
                    1. Lamar Miller, RB Miami
                    2. Stephen Gilmore, CB South Carolina
                    3. Marvin McNutt, WR Iowa
                    4. Ryan Lindley, QB San Diego State

I like it a lot actually.. assuming we address a couple of defensive issues in FA
                    I wouldn't mind Miller and Lindley. We need a good backup QB and a speedy RB (although we have Jeremiah Johnson and Mario Fannin waiting in the wings). But I don't think Gilmore and McNutt would be of much value. Gilmore is tough, but he's not going to beat out Andre Goodman or Chris Harris as a coverer. McNutt physically resembles a #1 receiver but lacks the talent of one. He won't crack the starting lineup.

Comment

Seems like Miller moves smoothly, but do we want to draft another sub-215lb RB?

If I recall correctly, Fox likes his backs heavier...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                        Here are his Browns selections with my grades for the selections:

1a- WR Justin Blackmon; GRADE: B
                        1b- QB Ryan Tannehill; GRADE: F
                        2- CB Chase Minnifield; GRADE: A+
                        3- DE Cam Johnson; GRADE: B
                        4a- OT Levy Adcock; GRADE: C-
                        4b- RB Isaiah Pead; GRADE: D

This draft overall: C

The Browns in this mock waste a selection on a quarterback when they could instead use it to draft a running back, offensive lineman or defensive end. Sure, in this mock they draft those players later, but in the cases of those players it is often too little, too late.

Adcock is not an effective offensive tackle. He is a liability in the running and passing game. Sure, he is fast as an offensive lineman, but he is not a valuable player in protecting the quarterback nor is he in opening up running lanes. If anything, he would be a depth lineman. Sure, the team needs depth but more importantly it needs starting calliber players. Pead is more of the same - a depth player or third down back at best.
                        You may not have to worry about Tannehill. He's hurt & is having surgery. He could really drop, if he even comes out. I personally would like Doug Martin & Mike Martin in the 3rd & 4th rounds
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I think we need to put some weapons around Tebow for next season (RB, TE, WR) - we also need a corner, maybe some OL depth and DL depth. Overall I don't mind the picks... outside of the Lindley pick.

I do think we need a QB that can learn and run the system behind Tebow. Quinn can't do that. There are many names that can come in and run our system (with the athleticism). That is what we need. Not a separate package for Quinn.

Comment

Working...
                          X