What don't you like about Chris Polk?

Just want to hear some opinion
      sigpic
      Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
        What don't you like about Chris Polk?

Just want to hear some opinion
        Comparison to Bronco player in 3....2....1....

Comment

Thompson and Cole wouldn't be good picks. Thompson shouldn't be a first rounder. Still, Cox, and Worthy are all better DT prospects and are first round talents. I doubt they would all be gone by the time we pick. If we let Mays leave we should bring in a veteran FA at LB, not another rookie 3rd round pick. Polk is a solid all-around back. He would be a decent pick. He seems like the type of RB Fox would like. What concerns me about Polk is his injury history.
          Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

What do you guys think about Terrance Ganaway?

He had more speed than I thought after seeing him last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
              Thompson and Cole wouldn't be good picks. Thompson shouldn't be a first rounder. Still, Cox, and Worthy are all better DT prospects and are first round talents. I doubt they would all be gone by the time we pick. If we let Mays leave we should bring in a veteran FA at LB, not another rookie 3rd round pick. Polk is a solid all-around back. He would be a decent pick. He seems like the type of RB Fox would like. What concerns me about Polk is his injury history.
              I agree, since we just drafted Irving who was the better prospect, i'd give him a shot if we don't extend Mays.

Also agree on the DT's, i'd prefer one of them, preferably Cox though, i think Worthy has the biggest upside.

I'd be ok with Polk, but RB's are dime a dozen, and i think we can manage next year with McGahee, Moreno, Ball, and Fannin.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                I agree, since we just drafted Irving who was the better prospect, i'd give him a shot if we don't extend Mays.

Also agree on the DT's, i'd prefer one of them, preferably Cox though, i think Worthy has the biggest upside.

I'd be ok with Polk, but RB's are dime a dozen, and i think we can manage next year with McGahee, Moreno, Ball, and Fannin.
                We definitely need to give Irving a chance to prove himself. He hasn't made an impact this year, but he's only a rookie and had no off-season to learn the defense. Knowledge of the defense is vital for a MLB, one of the leaders of the defense. He was very productive in college and appears to be a leader from what I saw of him in college and read about him. He seems dedicated and had to come back from a freakish almost deadly car accident. Let's not forget Bill Parcells graded him out as a first round pick. It's way too early to draft another MLB with a pick in the first 3 rounds. He needs another year at the absolute minimum.

As for the DTs, we need a disruptive player in both the run and pass games. I've watched a few games of Thompson and have been very unimpressed. I've watched a few games of Still, and he looks solid but I still don't like him as much as others do. Worthy is bull-strong and looks like your prototype DT, but he is very inconsistent. I think he could be a great DT if we can coach him up. I think I like Cox the most (that sounds wrong lol). He was a great player this past year in the SEC, by far the best conference in the country. He has great athleticism and still has room to grow. He looks like he could add another 10-20 pounds to his frame. I think he could be an impact-player with some seasoning.

I think we need another RB. McGahee is always hurt and aging. Moreno is always hurt and is nothing more than a third-down back. Ball is ok but he's nothing special. Jeremiah Johnson is a scat-back. Fannin was undrafted and is coming off of a serious injury. I think we need a RB in the first 3 rounds, somebody who isn't just a third-down or scat-back. Lamar Miller is an option in the first round. I could see us taking someone like Polk in the second round or Bernard Pierce in the third round.
                Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Thompson would be a nice pickup if we really needed another NT. But he's not a guy who really pushes the pocket as much as he just holds himself there and he definitely is not a penetrator. Honestly I could see us drafting him because he is what Fox sort of looks for in a DT, he has a great motor, plays with good leverage, plays with good technique, is really strong, and had very good production in college. But I don't think he's really a good fit for this team, I think Still or Cox would be a better pick. Worthy scares me, he's really inconsistent and has a very questionable motor, I think he has bust written all over him. Still has some of those same issues but has really stepped up his game this year and I didn't really see a huge problem with his motor this year. For the most part he was a consistent threat even if he wasn't making a play and gave it his all. Not to mention I think Still has a lot of potential, he's really strong and at the same time he has great quickness/burst. Cox is a bit more raw, but he has great athletic talent and can become one of the best DTs in the league (Still has the same potential) but I think he'll take more time to reach it, he isn't as polished from what I've seen. Playing in the SEC definitely impresses me and the fact he put his numbers there is nice. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, and I really don't have a favorite yet. I'd stay away from Worthy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
                    We definitely need to give Irving a chance to prove himself. He hasn't made an impact this year, but he's only a rookie and had no off-season to learn the defense. Knowledge of the defense is vital for a MLB, one of the leaders of the defense. He was very productive in college and appears to be a leader from what I saw of him in college and read about him. He seems dedicated and had to come back from a freakish almost deadly car accident. Let's not forget Bill Parcells graded him out as a first round pick. It's way too early to draft another MLB with a pick in the first 3 rounds. He needs another year at the absolute minimum.

As for the DTs, we need a disruptive player in both the run and pass games. I've watched a few games of Thompson and have been very unimpressed. I've watched a few games of Still, and he looks solid but I still don't like him as much as others do. Worthy is bull-strong and looks like your prototype DT, but he is very inconsistent. I think he could be a great DT if we can coach him up. I think I like Cox the most (that sounds wrong lol). He was a great player this past year in the SEC, by far the best conference in the country. He has great athleticism and still has room to grow. He looks like he could add another 10-20 pounds to his frame. I think he could be an impact-player with some seasoning.

I think we need another RB. McGahee is always hurt and aging. Moreno is always hurt and is nothing more than a third-down back. Ball is ok but he's nothing special. Jeremiah Johnson is a scat-back. Fannin was undrafted and is coming off of a serious injury. I think we need a RB in the first 3 rounds, somebody who isn't just a third-down or scat-back. Lamar Miller is an option in the first round. I could see us taking someone like Polk in the second round or Bernard Pierce in the third round.
                    Totally agree on Irving, being a Heels fan, he was awesome for NC State, if we don't extend Mays that is. And we have other needs.

Yeah, i like Cox or Worthy if we go DT in Round 1, probably prefer Cox just slightly since he played in the SEC.

I wouldn't hate it, but we could make due, we'd probably draft one since Fox likes having 2+ RB's who can carry the load.

Comment

Working...
                    X