Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defensive Backs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Defensive Backs

    I think we have pretty decent pass rush could us little help in stopping run and in coverage. With are potential draft being little later then everyone had originally thought think free agency is place to gain so more help in back field. Corner back is a major concern of mine. Other than Champ haven't been overly impressed with the coverage of late. Goodman get burned more than he has covered it seems like, Harris is only an undrafted rookie. Carter and Moore are not ready to step in with out Brian. We need to get more help in back field for style of football we are going to play. Possible free agents.

    SS Dashon Goldson SF
    CB Leon Hall CIN
    FS Michael Griffin TEN
    CB Aaron Ross NYG
    CB Brent Grimes Atl
    CB Carlos Rogers SF
    CB Byron Westbrook WAS RFA
    FS Reggie Nelson CIN
    SS Bryan Scott BUF
    CB Richard Marshall ARI
    CB Brandon Browner SEA

    Really like Ross, Westbrook and Rogers on this list. But think if we get 2 or maybe 3 would shore up defensive backs.

  • #2
    We desperately need another SS, unless Bruton shows he can fill that spot. Moore and Carter just aren't physical enough to play that position.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

    Comment


    • #3
      The problem is, we have two extremes...we have very old players (by NFL standards) in Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins and Andre Goodman.

      Then we have very young players in Chris Harris, Quinton Carter and Rahim Moore and not much in between.

      I think the younger group will take a jump next season, but we definitely need to add another young corner, and Richard Marshall would seem to be an obvious consideration as a free agent.

      I am OK with Carter returning as a starter next season, but if Dawkins has to retire, Rahim Moore is a huge concern. That said, he probably gets next season to make or break it as a second round pick.

      Comment


      • #4
        terrell thomas needs to be on this list
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

        Comment


        • #5
          Syd'Quan Thompson For SS
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            Syd'Quan Thompson For SS
            Or Chris Harris
            sigpic
            Thank you Charger$

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah no doubt one of them to play SS the other in the nickle spot should be good.
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lunchbox2643 View Post
                I think we have pretty decent pass rush could us little help in stopping run and in coverage. With are potential draft being little later then everyone had originally thought think free agency is place to gain so more help in back field. Corner back is a major concern of mine. Other than Champ haven't been overly impressed with the coverage of late. Goodman get burned more than he has covered it seems like, Harris is only an undrafted rookie. Carter and Moore are not ready to step in with out Brian. We need to get more help in back field for style of football we are going to play. Possible free agents.

                SS Dashon Goldson SF
                CB Leon Hall CIN
                FS Michael Griffin TEN
                CB Aaron Ross NYG
                CB Brent Grimes Atl
                CB Carlos Rogers SF
                CB Byron Westbrook WAS RFA
                FS Reggie Nelson CIN
                SS Bryan Scott BUF
                CB Richard Marshall ARI
                CB Brandon Browner SEA

                Really like Ross, Westbrook and Rogers on this list. But think if we get 2 or maybe 3 would shore up defensive backs.
                You left my two favorites off the list!!

                CB Tracy Porter (NO) and CB Terrell Thomas (NYG)

                Either one of them would be an excellent replacement for Andre Goodman next season.


                sigpic


                FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                :cool:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  You left my two favorites off the list!!

                  CB Tracy Porter (NO) and CB Terrell Thomas (NYG)

                  Either one of them would be an excellent replacement for Andre Goodman next season.
                  Why only one? Sign both and put Thomas at S. Thomas is an extremely good tackler and has good ball skills. He'd more than likely be an upgrade and we can have Carter/Moore battle it out at the other S position.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Leon Hall signed an extension.

                    You left off the two i want to sign or one of them.

                    Terrell Thomas or Tracy Porter, one of them would be an excellent fit as the #2 CB over Goodman.

                    Of that list, i wouldn't mind Richard Marshall.

                    As for safety, i don't think we add much, gotta remember Carter and Moore are rookies as bad as they have looked.

                    Moore is 21, one of the youngest players in the NFL, i think he gets a shot next year as a make or break year.

                    I wouldn't mind this as our secondary next yr...

                    CB- Champ, draft pick.
                    CB- Porter, Syd, Vaughn.
                    NCB- Harris.
                    FS- Moore, Bush.
                    SS- Carter, Bruton.

                    Yes, safety is a question but both of them are just rookies, a full offseason should do them some good, we have a lot of young players. Way too early to give up on them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

                      Yes, safety is a question but both of them are just rookies, a full offseason should do them some good, we have a lot of young players. Way too early to give up on them.
                      I do not see how signing a vet or drafting a S early is giving up on anyone, it is just raising the bar to WIN the right to start.

                      You kind of want three starters at S anyways, and Bruton has not shown in 3 years he can start...great ST guy, but limited as a S.
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        I do not see how signing a vet or drafting a S early is giving up on anyone, it is just raising the bar to WIN the right to start.

                        You kind of want three starters at S anyways, and Bruton has not shown in 3 years he can start...great ST guy, but limited as a S.
                        in the ideal world we would start carter and moore and let bruton back up
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Cortland Finnigan

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AirMax View Post
                            Cortland Finnigan
                            Too pricey...would rather see us continue to invest in the front 7. And the guy is a d bag.
                            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                              Too pricey...would rather see us continue to invest in the front 7. And the guy is a d bag.
                              this thread is discussing DBacks . take your comment to the Dline thread

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X