Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brock Osweiler QB ASU

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brock Osweiler QB ASU

    I don't watch much college football during the season but always root for ASU and CU. Been rumors he might declare and it's looking likely since ASU fired their offensive coordinator.

    But the real question is what do people think of him and where would he likely get drafted?
    61
    Great for our team, draft him no matter the cost
    21.31%
    13
    Wouldn't care if we drafted him or not
    55.74%
    34
    Dislike him, please EFX don't draft him
    22.95%
    14
    sigpic
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

  • #2
    He has the size at 6'8"; the tools, the arm strength, and he can move around in the pocket pretty well, but I think he'll be a project. Not sure where he'll get drafted, but some team will fall in love with his size and big arm.

    Comment


    • #3
      Developmental prospect. Nice size and athleticism given his size. Good arm, inaccurate at times, but has good pocket presence. Just needs some fine-tuning in his throw accuracy. He yelled at his coaches during the bowl game to not punt on 4th down against Boise State, and they let him give it a go, he threw a contended pass like 25-30 yards downfield on a well-covered receiver on about a 4th and 5 (My exact memory escapes me), but I wasn't impressed with that decision making. They were getting killed at the time, and it showed competitiveness, but it kind of stuck out for me.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        It appears as though Osweiler has declared for the draft. Another name for the Broncos to take a gander at.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow, that guy is 6-8? I think that would make him the tallest QB ever. I wonder at what point is too tall to play QB.

          Dan McGwire was that tall, but didn't really do much in his short career.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            Wow, that guy is 6-8? I think that would make him the tallest QB ever. I wonder at what point is too tall to play QB.

            Dan McGwire was that tall, but didn't really do much in his short career.
            There's a lot to like about Osweiler as long as you don't ruin him by throwing him to the wolves. He's got some weird athleticism for his size. Looks more like a guy that is 6'4 rather than 6'8. Still a little weird, but he gets moving.

            Honestly, if you're a fan of Ryan Mallett you should probably be a fan of Brock Osweiler. Similar size, but Osweiler is far more athletic. Both have rocket arms. He's got some weirdness to him like Mallett: Mallet was the second-coming of Eminem, and Osweiler has a grammatical error on a tattoo located on his left bicep ("Live Life to it's Fullest"). Just a few things I thought I'd point out.

            Osweiler is a developmental prospect but if he's there in the 2nd, it'd be a great spot to pick him up.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              he doesn't have a long devilvery for a guy, like normal people as long as him
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

              Comment


              • #8
                He reminds me alot of how Flacco is, I haven't seen enough of Osweiler... but Flacco isn't exactly lighting the lead up.
                Denver Broncos GM
                Originally posted by Mosk
                Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for the info, he is a QB I Avery interested in for the broncos as competition for tebow. I like what I hear except the flacco comparison haha
                  sigpic
                  "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
                    There's a lot to like about Osweiler as long as you don't ruin him by throwing him to the wolves. He's got some weird athleticism for his size. Looks more like a guy that is 6'4 rather than 6'8. Still a little weird, but he gets moving.

                    Honestly, if you're a fan of Ryan Mallett you should probably be a fan of Brock Osweiler. Similar size, but Osweiler is far more athletic. Both have rocket arms. He's got some weirdness to him like Mallett: Mallet was the second-coming of Eminem, and Osweiler has a grammatical error on a tattoo located on his left bicep ("Live Life to it's Fullest"). Just a few things I thought I'd point out.

                    Osweiler is a developmental prospect but if he's there in the 2nd, it'd be a great spot to pick him up.
                    Reading about him it sounds like he would be a perfect fit for McDaniels system, maybe if McCoy went into the closet and dusted off some of McDaniels old playbooks

                    He won't start from day 1, but then again there aren't many QBs who are ready to start right away. I don't know if we have the coaches or the time to develop a player like him. I could see him going to the Rams to backup Bradford if McDaniels (lol, and Bradford) hang around.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                      Reading about him it sounds like he would be a perfect fit for McDaniels system, maybe if McCoy went into the closet and dusted off some of McDaniels old playbooks

                      He won't start from day 1, but then again there aren't many QBs who are ready to start right away. I don't know if we have the coaches or the time to develop a player like him. I could see him going to the Rams to backup Bradford if McDaniels (lol, and Bradford) hang around.
                      Think if he goes to the chiefs... They could have their new QB lol lets hope they trade everything to get him like McD likes to do haha
                      sigpic
                      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MHS View Post
                        Think if he goes to the chiefs... They could have their new QB lol lets hope they trade everything to get him like McD likes to do haha
                        Would make sense, Chiefs make Crennel the HC, hire McDaniels as OC, draft Osweiler to develop him, while they give Cassel a bit more time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                          He reminds me alot of how Flacco is, I haven't seen enough of Osweiler... but Flacco isn't exactly lighting the lead up.
                          But all he does is win But man I wish people would stop saying guys will be like other guys. Osweiler is much more mobile than Flacco and has a much bigger arm.

                          I like Osweiler. I think with the once appealing quarterback class looking awful now he will become an early second round pick possibly a late first rounder. If he is there in the second round I would love him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Watch his game against Missouri. He was great in that game. He threw some amazing passes while off balance standing in the pocket with a player right in his face.

                            At one point in the game he was like 11 of 11 on first down passing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              But all he does is win But man I wish people would stop saying guys will be like other guys. Osweiler is much more mobile than Flacco and has a much bigger arm.

                              I like Osweiler. I think with the once appealing quarterback class looking awful now he will become an early second round pick possibly a late first rounder. If he is there in the second round I would love him.
                              Flacco has one of the strongest arms in the league....

                              I just think the bigger they are, the harder they fall. I feel like him getting sacked would like like a Giant collapsing. Sure he has mobility. But NFL pass rushers do too.
                              Denver Broncos GM
                              Originally posted by Mosk
                              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X