Turbin and Worthy to visit Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaytea11 View Post
    A high motor guy for a low motor guy....
    Lol your kidding right? Because the knock on Worthy is he doesnt have a high motor and play to the same high level all the time like when he played Wisconsin.And Still had the best Season last year out of any D-linemen in the draft..so...nope. Still>Worthy

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
      Vs Ohio St..He was anticipating the snap count something fierce in that game ...

Here's a decent highlight clip ...

Comparing the prospects and highlight videos of the two..I just like how Still's frame looks,his range and versatility for man that size much more . I also think he displays much better technique and I like the thought of being able to jumbo him out as a 4-3 DE

I will give Worthy the advantage at the POA and also having more a presence that requires double teams ... I think both prospects will take time developing here ...

All an all I like both prospects and would be happy with either ...
      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
        High motor and Worthy do not belong in the same sentence
        I think it is more the conditioning I am not sure he could be more then a rotational dt right away but a year or two down the road once he adapts to the speed of the nfl and gets in to nfl shape through the training programs he could be elite
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
          Agreed.

However, I wouldn't touch Michael Brockers. He has talent, but he's strictly a 1-year wonder. Also, LSU annually gives the NFL crappy d-line prospects that look good thanks to the talent around them.
          I dis agree glenn dorsey has looked good I really liked nevis last year but I don't understand how he fits in to 3-4
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Love Turbin

Turbin is a pur beast. He has size and speed, which is a very dangerous combo. Not sure of his pass catching ability, but as a ground and pound back this guy is as good as any in the draft.

At Utah St. he consistently showed he could run against SEC talented defensive fronts because the Aggies often played tough out of conference opposition.

He would be a nice addition to the Denver backfield and fit right into the Jon Fox mold of a back with between tackle power and break away speed.
            :logo: Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does. :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              I dis agree glenn dorsey has looked good I really liked nevis last year but I don't understand how he fits in to 3-4
              I wonder if KC would cut Dorsey, he may fit in well in a 4-3 defense like Denver. Wasn't that the big adjustment he had to make was go from a 4-3 in college to a 3-4?
              We are going with Plan A

Comment

The Broncos' strong interest in Turbin is evident. If the league sees him as a 3rd round value, the other interested teams already know they can't let Turbin fall to the Broncos' 3rd round pick. There might be an interesting battle for this player during the 3rd round. Would the Broncos trade up for him?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  The Broncos' strong interest in Turbin is evident. If the league sees him as a 3rd round value, the other interested teams already know they can't let Turbin fall to the Broncos' 3rd round pick. There might be an interesting battle for this player during the 3rd round. Would the Broncos trade up for him?
                  This is exactly what I'm wondering and I expect the Broncos to reach for Turbin. I wouldn't mind it if we did as long as it isn't a ridiculous reach.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                    This is exactly what I'm wondering and I expect the Broncos to reach for Turbin. I wouldn't mind it if we did as long as it isn't a ridiculous reach.
                    If the Broncos really want Turbin they should probably try to trade up to earlier in the third round. My guess is he will be gone by the time it is Denver's pick if they stand pat. He is a quality pick but not enough to grab earlier than third round. He would be a great addition. He is a hoss with a super work ethic.
                    Bronco fan since 1971

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      Agreed.

However, I wouldn't touch Michael Brockers. He has talent, but he's strictly a 1-year wonder. Also, LSU annually gives the NFL crappy d-line prospects that look good thanks to the talent around them.
                      Brockers will almost certainly be gone by #25 so it shouldn't be an issue. He's likely to be gone by #15 when the Eagles pick. They love DL with their first rounders.

The Bengals at #17 and the Chargers at #18 could also take him if the Eagles pass.

I wouldn't mind at all if the Broncos took Worthy, but I ask you, "when was the last time Denver drafted a player they worked out prior to the draft?"

This makes me nervous as I suspect it's a smoke screen and that they are really NOT thinking about drafting a DT and are merely trying to fool other teams into thinking they will. :nono:
                      Last edited by Cugel; 04-14-2012, 07:30 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                        I wouldn't mind at all if the Broncos took Worthy, but I ask you, "when was the last time Denver drafted a player they worked out prior to the draft?"
                        Von Miller.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ler-today.html

The Denver Broncos are working out Texas A&M outside linebacker Von Miller today in College Station, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
                        Quinton Carter and Julius Thomas.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=701...quinton-carter

The Denver Broncos are scheduled to conduct a private workout with University of Oklahoma S Quinton Carter, according to Charlie Campbell, of PewterReport.com.
                        http://broncotalk.net/2012/04/33916/...visitsresults/

The Broncos ended up drafting three players they had worked out/visits with, Miller (2nd), Carter (108th) and tight end Julius Thomas (129th).
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd be happy with Worthy. I think his technique can translate instantly to the NFL, and being in a rotation will truly help him stay fresh. He was relied upon heavily at Michigan State and as a result his play would dip towards the end of the game. Getting him (and presumably another DT later) will help give the rotation a blend of upside, youth, to go along with our existing veteran presence.

As for Turbin, I haven't seen enough of him to draw my own conclusions. He looks a bit like Marion Barber from the good ole highlight tapes. He knows how to get low, his leg drive is impressive, and he appears to have enough speed to break long gains. He'd be a nice back to pair with a true pass catching threat similar to Moreno. Is anyone familiar with his pass protection?
                          sigpic

Comment

Xanders told the world we were interested in Julius Thomas like 2 days before the draft

we then traded up in the 4th to get him

my guess is if we really love Turbin we will trade up in the third

I also do think we will draft a DT with one of our 1st or 2nd rounders
                            I dont think this staff is allergic to DTs, as supposedly we were looking at Wilkerson if he slid
                            and were planning on taking Jarvis Jenkins with one of our 2nds but the Skins drafted him higher than expected

Comment

Originally posted by Turf Nazi View Post
                              I wonder if KC would cut Dorsey, he may fit in well in a 4-3 defense like Denver. Wasn't that the big adjustment he had to make was go from a 4-3 in college to a 3-4?
                              Glenn Dorsey was drafted in the top 5. You expect a guy taken that high to become a consistent pro-bowl player and he's stuck in a 3-4 where he doesn't generate much pass rush.

I wonder too what he could do if he were in a 4-3 like in Denver, but his $50 million contract would be a huge disincentive for KC to trade him until his contract expires.

Then they might not re-sign him, but he's not going anywhere while he's still under contract.
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's somebody who thinks I'm wrong and that Michael Brockers will still be on the board at #25 and will be taken by the Broncos. Personally, I think he'll be gone in the top 20, to the Eagles, Bengals or Chargers:

Ht: 6’5″
                                Wt: 300

Strengths:
                                Prototypical height and overall size. Athletically gifted for his size. . . .Does a nice job fighting through double teams. Strong interior pass rusher; only two sacks in 2011, but was consistently in the backfield pressuring the quarterback. Has a nice array of moves to shed blocks; relies heavily on spin move. Quick off the snap; builds momentum quickly. Does a nice job keeping his eyes in the backfield and tracking the ball carrier. Height and long arms allows him disrupt passing lanes.

Weaknesses:
                                Needs to learn to play with leverage; plays too upright at times, making it easier for offensive linemen to knock him off course, especially in run defense. Much more polished as a pass rusher than against the run at this stage in his career. Lacks the dominant size and strength to consistently hold up at the point of attack against the run.

Comments:
                                A few years ago Brockers would not have been as highly regarded, but we’re starting to see a new breed of interior linemen pop up around the NFL. It has become a pass-first league, and teams are tending to favor on interior linemen who can pressure the quarterback, even if they’re a liability against the run. This description fits Brockers perfectly. He’s an athletic big man with an impressive motor who should be able to make an immediate impact. He may never be a truly well-rounded lineman, but in the right system he can be a difference maker.
                                I imagine that EFX are looking for a better run stuffer but it's rare to find a guy with his kind of pass-rush potential at #25 so they could take him if he fell that far.

On the upside, a lot of college DTs need to learn to play with more leverage so that's not all that surprising that he's a bit raw. You could probably make that complaint about most of these guys.

The alternative if they want a guy who they can plug in and have him be a better run defender would be Jerel Worthy.

I'd be happy with either guy to be honest. It's been so long since they took a DT in the first two rounds that any decent prospect has to be exciting.
                                Last edited by Cugel; 04-14-2012, 10:13 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X