No announcement yet.

Yakka's April Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough to ignore the uncertainty of DJ for 6 games or so with our schedule. We HAVE to be solid up the middle.
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      I got no problem with Hightower in the first round. I don't want to hear about DT or anything else. We create a big board and simply take whoever is sitting at the top of it when #25 arroves. BPA. Do not reach, don't care about depth or need. Just rate the prospects and trust in your scouting, and go from there.

We saw that philosophy employed last draft, although it bit us in round 2 w/ Moore.

BUt if we have Hightower rated as the 15th best prospect and he is sitting there at 25, why grab a DT who we may rank as the 30th prospect?
      The dream scenario is to find a spot where talent intersects need, but that doesn't often happen.

See, a lot of people on the internet think one of two ways:

1. Al Davis Mode - These are the people who look at the eye test (ie: does he get "jacked up" during a game, is he flashy, etc.), and use combine numbers as the de facto in drafting. Workout Warriors will get you nowhere in the NFL.

2. Madden Mode - These are the people who look at the roster needs category at the end of a digital season, and thus draft those needs from round-to-round (ie: I need a CB most, so I'll take one round 1), no matter who is available when their pick actually arrives. In other words, these people do little, if any REAL scouting.

BPA has been the mantra of the best organizations for years. Just because DT is a big need, doesn't mean it's the first thing you draft. Especially if an impact player, no matter the position, happens to fall into your lap.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanAddict23 View Post
        The Broncos should pick Alabama linebacker Dont'a Hightower in the first round.

Oregon running back LaMichael James,
        Connecticut defensive lineman Kendall Reyes,
        Arizona quarterback Nick Foles,
        Iowa State cornerback Leonard Johnson
        Colorado guard Ryan Miller.

In terms of players, that's really not too bad. All those picks are good players. However, we need a run-stuffing DT, a better center and a pass-blocking right tackle more than we need a backup QB or a guard.

Comment

• Not a big fan of drafting James in the second. I don't see the value
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
            The dream scenario is to find a spot where talent intersects need, but that doesn't often happen.

See, a lot of people on the internet think one of two ways:

1. Al Davis Mode - These are the people who look at the eye test (ie: does he get "jacked up" during a game, is he flashy, etc.), and use combine numbers as the de facto in drafting. Workout Warriors will get you nowhere in the NFL.

2. Madden Mode - These are the people who look at the roster needs category at the end of a digital season, and thus draft those needs from round-to-round (ie: I need a CB most, so I'll take one round 1), no matter who is available when their pick actually arrives. In other words, these people do little, if any REAL scouting.

BPA has been the mantra of the best organizations for years. Just because DT is a big need, doesn't mean it's the first thing you draft. Especially if an impact player, no matter the position, happens to fall into your lap.
            Agree..

:2cents:BPA should be the priority with a slight influence of team needs.
            sigpic

Comment

• I have a question.... Could Nate Irving play WOLB?

Miller, Hightower/Mays, Irving

I mean if DJ gets suspended.

Comment

• im sure irving will get some time at WOLB but woodyard will prolly start there...i like woodys draft except i dont think reyes will last till the 3rd but chapman might...

Comment

• I don't like James as a 2nd rounder. and I'm not on Team Foles. but i'll support whatever efx decides.
                  DENVER STAND UP!!!

Comment

• Well I'm doubting that a certain amount of prospects will be avaible when the Broncos draft and I really like Reyes but somewhere somehow another DT would have to be added ... Maybe resigning Thomas ...

Outside of that I think thats a pretty fancy draft but many of us on here do way better and don't get paid to do it ...

Hightower
                    Oregon running back LaMichael James,
                    Connecticut defensive lineman Kendall Reyes,
                    Arizona quarterback Nick Foles,
                    Iowa State cornerback Leonard Johnson
                    Colorado guard Ryan Miller.
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• Would loooove Hightower to take over the middle but we're stuck with Mays missing gaps for a while. I really really really hope Irving has an amazing offseason and challenges for the job.

Comment

• I would be very satisfied if we had those picks.I like Hightower and James and it would address the LB and the RB position.

Comment

Working...
                        X