Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tannehill Gets Ultimate Disrespect Worse then Marry my daughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tannehill Gets Ultimate Disrespect Worse then Marry my daughter...

@MikeAndMike: [email protected] on our show: Ryan Tannehill reminds me of JaMarcus Russell. Both shot up draft boards based on how they looked in shorts.

Wow so would you rather have a coach say they want you to marry their daughter or you remind them of Jamarcus Russell?!

Hilarious!
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

It is crazy to think people are saying he could be the 3rd pick now with the Vikings trading down. It happens every year with so many players. With a lot of positions.

Tannehill just like Tebow will be well overdrafted.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      It is crazy to think people are saying he could be the 3rd pick now with the Vikings trading down. It happens every year with so many players. With a lot of positions.

3rd overall ?!?
      cripes...

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

A lot of it is attributed to teams that feel they HAVE to take a QB. So to make sure they don't miss, they'll reach to get their guy. The thing is...just because you take him at 3rd overall doesn't mean he'll translate into that talent.

This is the problem with a lot of teams going strictly off of need. Just because you need a QB doesn't mean you should waste high pick on a crappy guy, just because he's the next best guy.

I hope he's long gone by the time our pick rolls around. I don't want any part of it.

Comment

I think he has a lot of potential to be good but he needs to sit back behind someone and learn the position more.

He could be Jamarcus or he could be Rodgers. Well see in a couple of years

Comment

Too bad Tannehill did show up during the season. Jamarcus showed up for one game his whole life, it happened to be a bowl game.

Gotta love when paid professional's say stupid stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
              @MikeAndMike: [email protected] on our show: Ryan Tannehill reminds me of JaMarcus Russell. Both shot up draft boards based on how they looked in shorts.

Wow so would you rather have a coach say they want you to marry their daughter or you remind them of Jamarcus Russell?!

Hilarious!
              FINALLY!! Why is it taking so long for any so called experts or scouts to realize this? This kid has no business being drafted first round much less top 5.
              sigpic

Comment

Drafting Tannehill at #3 would be one of the most desperate moves I've seen since the stupid Raiders drafted Jamarcus Russell 1st overall. So, yes, I agree.

Gabbert was a terrible prospect coming out of Mizzou, and the Jags drafted him at #10 out of desperation. But Tannehill at #3 would be worse.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  Drafting Tannehill at #3 would be one of the most desperate moves I've seen since the stupid Raiders drafted Jamarcus Russell 1st overall. So, yes, I agree.

Gabbert was a terrible prospect coming out of Mizzou, and the Jags drafted him at #10 out of desperation. But Tannehill at #3 would be worse.
                  I wouldn't say Gabbert was a desperation move at all. Gene Smith loves the kid. He is a high character guy plus he is really smart. He has all the tools minus toughness. That is his only mark right now. They weren't desperate I don't think. They could have had Ponder at 16 (where they were). Gene Smith just fell in love.

To the OP, yes I would compare the idea to JR, not the player. JR is unique in his stupidness. Tannehill is just a very raw prospect who doesn't belong in the 1st. I don't think he goes that high. The talking heads are just dumb.
                  Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                    I wouldn't say Gabbert was a desperation move at all. Gene Smith loves the kid. He is a high character guy plus he is really smart. He has all the tools minus toughness. That is his only mark right now. They weren't desperate I don't think. They could have had Ponder at 16 (where they were). Gene Smith just fell in love.

To the OP, yes I would compare the idea to JR, not the player. JR is unique in his stupidness. Tannehill is just a very raw prospect who doesn't belong in the 1st. I don't think he goes that high. The talking heads are just dumb.
                    Yes, Gabbert was a desperation pick. As of late, any quarterbacks coming out of Mizzou NEVER do anything meaningful in the NFL.

Not to mention how scared he is in the pocket, his pocket presence is horrific. If he didn't have the physical tools that he does have, he would have gone undrafted.

sigpic

Comment

Hes the 8th best player in this draft moving him to 3rd isnt that big, Russell was 4th and moved to 1st

Russell went ahead of Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, and Adrian Peterson

He will be going ahead of Trent Richardson Morris Claiborne Justin Blackmon and Fletcher Cox. The comparison can be made if these players become staples like those passed up for JaBa the Bust

Under McD we were the best example of how need like CB (Alphonso Smith ) TE (Richard Quinn) leads to bad decisions
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Yes, Gabbert was a desperation pick. As of late, any quarterbacks coming out of Mizzou NEVER do anything meaningful in the NFL.

Not to mention how scared he is in the pocket, his pocket presence is horrific. If he didn't have the physical tools that he does have, he would have gone undrafted.
                        I agree about his pocket presence, but Gabbert was a consensus top 5 prospect. There where talks of Carolina condiering him. I really think Jax didn't think he would be there. When he was they punced. I don't see the deperation. They were not in the same boat as Miami is now, well they might be, they have the same QB in Garrard.

I agree that Mizzou QBs arent very good coming out, but if Gabberts pocket presence was a bit better and Jax could protect him, he would be a half decent guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                          Hes the 8th best player in this draft moving him to 3rd isnt that big, Russell was 4th and moved to 1st

Russell went ahead of Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, and Adrian Peterson
                          Are those three ahead of Russell any good?? Be honest..z

:sarcasm:
                          sigpic
                          The Bronco fan pledge;
                          I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                          I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                          I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                          Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                            I agree that Mizzou QBs arent very good coming out, but if Gabberts pocket presence was a bit better and Jax could protect him, he would be a half decent guy.
                            Half-decent is not worth the #10 overall pick. #Justsayin

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011QB.php
                            1/24/11: How did Blaine Gabbert become a top-10 prospect? He played in a gimmick offense, was constantly out of shape and struggled with his accuracy. He possesses a ton of upside, but the lovefest doesn't really make sense to me, and based on the e-mails I've received, many people agree with me. For more on this quarterback, we have an interesting thread going about Blaine Gabbert on the forum.

7/25/10: Blaine Gabbert threw for 3,593 yards, 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions as a sophomore. He has great size and a nice arm, but mediocre accuracy (58.9% completions) and questionable workout regimen (to put it nicely). The lack of pro-style offense experience will also hurt him, but the upside is there to warrant a Day 2 pick.

sigpic

Comment

Half-decent is not worth the #10 overall pick. #Justsayin

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011QB.php
                              I am not saying he was worth it, but there was ALOT of talk of him going top 5 as early as 1st overall. Yes, I agree decent is not worth top 10 pick, but Jax thought he was more. When Gene Smith likes a guy he gets obsessed. Just like he really like V. Curry and Brian Quick. Lok for those 2 to be in black and teal this offseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X