Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the biggest pre draft smokescreen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the biggest pre draft smokescreen?

Jim Irsay ‏ @JimIrsay

Roster move,waived WR Blair White
    Retweeted by Jason La Canfora

He would make a nice camp body.
    RB
    26.32%
    CB
    15.79%
    DT
    0.00%
    QB
    5.26%
    WR
    52.63%

The poll is expired.

I'd take him as a 4th-5th receiver.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
      I'd take him as a 4th-5th receiver.
      Yeah, and could end up being the 3rd.

Comment

Ehh. I wouldn't hate it, but it wouldn't excite me. I want Brian Broyles in the 4th:thumb:

Comment

Take him as the 7th or 8th receiver.

Comment

The Colts have no receivers, and they cut him...
            Denver Broncos GM
            Originally posted by Mosk
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
              The Colts have no receivers, and they cut him...
              He played well with Manning!

Cecil Lammey ‏ @cecillammey

Now that the #Colts have released WR Blair White I'd like to see #Broncos add him to camp roster

Comment

Trumaine Johnson

He is a great developmental prospect 6-2 4.5 40 speed, 33 1/4 arm lenghth a 35.5 Vertical and a 10-2 Broad, no he does not have Josh Robinsons fluidity or athleticism, but chances are he will be the BPA in the 2nd

To me his worst problem is he is stiff, but who better to teach him fluidity then Champ. This guy has potential and believe me he can be good, I just think he would end up as a safety for a while if we did draft him
                Man Coverage: NFL frame makes it difficult for FCS receivers to make one-on-one plays. Quarterbacks often eat the ball instead of throwing in his direction. Quicker receivers can accelerate past him when near the line, needs to maintain contact to prevent separation. Needs work on using his hands in press coverage, plays mostly off and press-bail to prevent big plays. Relatively fluid and has fair recovery speed for his size but quicker NFL receivers will cause him trouble in transition with double-moves.

Zone Coverage: When playing off, displays ability to quickly close on underneath routes to make the interception or wrap up receivers with his length. Inexperienced in zone, must prove field awareness and quickness to adjust to switch men when needed. Looks a step slow to react to late releases to his side when uncovered.

Ball Skills: Possesses strong hands of former receiver. Makes the easy interception on underthrows or when quarterbacks stare down his man, high-points passes with height and vertical. Strong runner on kick returns, has a bit of shiftiness in the open field. Had issues with dropped interceptions in the past. Does not always find the ball in the air.

Run Support: Takes outside position when uncovered, swipes or wraps ballcarriers coming into his area. Strong enough to rip off pulling lineman blocks, though inconsistent getting off the block or feeling them so he can be moved out of the way by players from the side. Flashes strength and attitude to throw smaller opponents to the ground.

Tackling: Possesses strength and length to be effective preventing yards after the catch or swallowing running backs in the flat. Good hustle across the field to get involved in the play when uncovered. Does not attack ballcarriers or seek out contact as much as scouts would like. Runs past targets in the open field too often instead of breaking down to corral them. Gives effort to knock out gunners on return team when not receiving kickoffs.

Intangibles: Played with a broken bone in his forearm during 2009 season, but missed nine games in 2008-2009 due to injuries and suspension due to alleged fight outside campus fraternity house. Chose Montana over Arizona State and California-Berkeley.
                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post
                  He played well with Manning!

Cecil Lammey ‏ @cecillammey

Now that the #Colts have released WR Blair White I'd like to see #Broncos add him to camp roster
                  A cactus could play well with Manning. He is that good.
                  Denver Broncos GM
                  Originally posted by Mosk
                  Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                    Ehh. I wouldn't hate it, but it wouldn't excite me. I want Brian Broyles in the 4th:thumb:
                    I didnt know Brian Broyles declared for the draft...I think his brother Ryan did though...
                    Arizona Cardinals GM.

Comment

Originally posted by amac1984 View Post
                      I didnt know Brian Broyles declared for the draft...I think his brother Ryan did though...
                      I blame Auto Correct

Comment

I blame Auto Correct
                        Touche, always a fan of blaming auto correct
                        Arizona Cardinals GM.

Comment

Fluidity isn't something you can really teach, it's pretty much something you have or you don't. You can improve it a little bit by improving your flexibility but it won't be a huge difference. I think Trumaine Johnson will ultimately make a better FS than he will a CB. And he'll probably look just like Rahim Moore did this year at FS his rookie year but I think he'll improve as do I for Moore.

Comment

I guess you have a point, yet if Josh does fall to us mostly what he needs to learn is learning not to release when in man-press and his high back pedal, hes fast has great hands and is the most fluid corner in the draft. Yet his 5-10 size, his tendency to knock the ball away rather then getting the INT are what makes him a 2nd rounder, but his leaping ability make up for his size and his hands stop receptions.

I suppose Johnsons amazing athleticism and size made me think possible developmental corner.
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

You mean Ryan? :thumb:
                              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Working...
                              X