1st rounders
    -Harrison Smith- SS- Notre Dame
    -Rueben Randle- Wr- LSU
    -Dont'a Hightower- MLB- Alabama

2nd rounders
    - Kevin Zeitler- G- Wisconsin
    -Trenton Robinson- FS- Michigan St.
    -Brandon Thompson- DT- Clemson

I'd lose my mind if we took Harrison Smith or anyone on your first rd list....no justification period n I only like Thompson on your 2nd rd list

1st -
    Brockers (if there)
    Fleener
    K Wright
    Kirkpatrick
    Nick Perry/Coples (depending on interview)

2nd -
    Thompson
    Thompson
    Thompson
    and if he's not there Chapman/Reyes/Lamar Miller
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 04-19-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

maybe hightower but other 1st rd picks you suggest way to high imo id like worthy brockers or perry...

.2nd rd thompson reyes chapman if no DT in the 1st then martin miller or wilson if they slide there...

although im afraid by 57 those rb's will be gone n only chapman will be there...im praying im wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
        maybe hightower but other 1st rd picks you suggest way to high imo id like worthy brockers or perry...

.2nd rd thompson reyes chapman if no DT in the 1st then martin miller or wilson if they slide there...

although im afraid by 57 those rb's will be gone n only chapman will be there...im praying im wrong though
        Yeah it's really ideal to get Chapman in the 3rd but idk if he'll last

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
          Yeah it's really ideal to get Chapman in the 3rd but idk if he'll last
          im also praying turbin in the 3rd thats why i want a DT in the 1st or 2nd...bcz as i stated previously those 'top 3' rb's will prolly be gone at 57...

Comment

BroncosPWNn00bs 2012 Denver Broncos Mock Draft:

Well, its about 1 day away now until the NFL Draft is here finally. So I figured I'd share my mock draft with you. Part of it is who I would like to see in the Orange and Blue, and part of it is who I think will end up here. Now I will say that I don't predict draft day trades or anything like that, so I'm just going to mock the picks that we have right now. I also don't make a mock draft each week like some people. I just tend to mock the picks we have and usually like to do it the week of the draft. No need to post 50+ mock drafts. It gets kind of crazy when people post mock drafts weekly imo. So heres my mock draft for everyone to enjoy, and while I feel that DT is still a need, I don't see us getting 1 in the 1st round. I feel that we could go CB in the 1st ( maybe Kirkpatrick, or maybe someone else). I just feel that CB is another huge need for us, and with us playing with a lead every game hopefully, we are going to need some legit CB's while teams try to pass on us as they attempt to comeback. And the main needs that I see in this order is CB, WR, DT,OL, RB, LB. And while some people seem to think that we should just draft a DT in the 1st round, reguardless of who it is, just draft 1 just to draft 1. I disagree with that. I'm all about filling needs with the best talent available. If I see a stud WR is available, or a mediocre DT is available, I'm all about getting the stud WR, instead of just settling for a DT just to fill the need. Some people seem to just want to draft a DT, no matter who it is. Just draft any DT out there. Thats not how championships are won imo. You gotta be smart. If a great DT is out there, then nab him, but I feel there are other guys later on who could help out. The draft is 7 rounds. Not 1. You can draft a player in the 1st round who wasn't your biggest need, if you fill the needs with talent available in the later rounds. I want to hit with our 1st round pick. Not just draft a need. In my opinion, you draft best talent in the 1st round and 2nd round. And then go for needs/roster competition in rounds 3-7. Thats just my strategy. Everyone has their own mocks though and their own opinions. I may not agree with everyones mock draft, and I'm sure people won't agree with mine, but everyone has their own mocks and values everyone differently.. But now I'll present my Denver Broncos 2012 NFL Mock Draft:

Round 1, Pick #25: -- Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor:

Now while I'm not sure if I'd 100 percent agree with the pick, and I'm sure a lot of people on here don't want to spend a 1st rounder on a WR when we have other needs to fill, and I agree with that. Plus we spent a 1st rounder on a WR a few years ago in Demaryius, who is coming in to his own. I just feel that we may want Manning to just have an arsenal of weapons. While I feel that Manning can suceed with any WR and make a 7th round WR look great, I just have some sort of gut feeling that we may try to draft Wright with our 1st pick. Not sure why but I have this feeling. We went out and already got him some solid TE's to suceed, we already added a few average WR's. But if Manning has Wright and Demaryius to throw to, plus Decker. Then you add in our newly aquired TE's, plus Caldwell, and maybe even Stokley. Then throw in McGahee and possibly Moreno, or another RB that we add. We have ourselves a real potent offense. Then we have the rest of the draft to go defense, or maybe add in a RB. The draft is 7 rounds, but drafting Wright here would help our offense out immensly imo. This is a guy who has great speed, a great burst, and could be a huge deep threat to open the whole field out for everyone else. We already have a big WR ( who is also fast) in Demaryius, but a guy like Wright who can stretch the field, get seperation, and have Manning hit up for a 40 yard bomb down the sideline. The thought of this pick actually does excite me. And honestly I like him more than the other WR's in this draft class.

He can also help out in the return game, and since we lost Eddie, he could take his place and make us forget about Eddie real fast. Manning to Demaryius and Wright = Lethal. Not to mention how open our TE's will be. Plus Kendall Wright has a lot of expierence. He was a 4 year starter at Baylor, and improved each season, and had a monster senior year and is a big part of RG3's sucess. Plus he is a durable WR and hasn't had any serious injuries yet. IMO he is a reliable 1st round pick. He can play outside or even in the slot, and we can easily move him around in the offense. He will be an impact players who defense will have to gameplan for bigtime. I'm sure a lot of people on here won't agree with me on this pick, but I think it will make sense. Theres other WR's who we may get later, but if Kendall Wright is there at 25, it will be hard to pass up imo. If he catches a pass in the open field, he will be gone. A good offense, will make the defense better any day of the week. Drafting him in the 1st will do nothing but help out offense and our team. Either way though, I still feel that we will draft a WR in 1 of the 1st 3 rounds, and I'm starting to think it may be with our 1st pick.

* Alternate 1st round picks* Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama -- Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

Round 2, Pick #25 ( 57th overall) -- Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida:

Well while this pick I feel that if we go offense in the 1st round, we will go defense this round, and visa versa. Just how I see things. CB is a big need that it seems like we want to address and with Champ getting older, Porter here for now, and who knows if he will be suspended, Chris Harris with a lot of potential, and still young, I feel we need to draft another CB fairly high. This is a guy that I like who is a decent prospect imo, and a really good tackler. I feel that him being mixed in with Champ and Porter, will do wonders in the secondary. He is a tough physical corner, who at times can take a risk and get beat. And we have had guys like that in Darrent and Dre Bly. So not sure if we'd risk for a guy like him. But I feel like he has huge upside. He can play multiple coverages and can be used in different schemes and is another guy who could provide some help on special teams. Even though it seems like they are trying to take away the return game in the NFL. Special teams is still a huge part of the team imo. But a solid corner like him, if he is there in the 2nd round for us, I'm all for taking him. I feel like he can hold his own with the majority of the wideouts in the league. Great ball skills, great instincts, there is a lot to like about this guy. Good player at a position that we need to improve on.

** Alternate 2nd round picks* Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia -- LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

Round 3, Pick #24 (87th overall) -- Mike Martin, DT, Michigan:

Well, now were getting closer to the middle rounds, and I already have us getting a top notch WR for Manning to throw to, already have us getting a solid CB to complement Champ. While I don't think DT is the biggest need, its definitely a need that we've needed improvement on for a while now. I feel that getting Martin here would be a great deal. Here is a guy that is real competitive and always worked hard at Michigan. He may not be the best DT out there, but he will try to compete each week, and you cant say that for a lot of people, and you cant teach heart. He has the ability to get in the backfield at times, and can big a big body for us and hopefully stop the run. He will be a tough guy for opposing linemen to just power off the line of scrimmage. Would love to be able to land him in Denver.

** Alternate 3rd round picks* Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma -- Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple

Round 4, Pick #13 (108th overall -- From Jets) -- Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati:

Well this could be kind of a risk pick. Not sure how many people on here would even want him or have considered him at all, but he is kind of an interesting guy. He has had a few injuries throughout his college career. But if he can stay healthy, he can be a quick change of pace guy. I can picture him catching screens out of the backfield and will be a good complement to McGahee/Moreno. A guy that Manning can throw screens to and watch him take it to the house. Not an everydown RB, but a guy that can get 10-20 touches per game, and just be a versitle back for us. But he has some quick wheels and jukes, and if we can get him to the outside, then watch out. Could be a nice mid-late round pick that could be worth a gamble.

* Alternate 4th round picks* Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State -- Terrell Manning, LB, NCState

*Part 2 of my mock draft continued on the next post...*
            Last edited by BroncosPWNn00bs; 04-25-2012, 04:06 PM.
            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

** continued mock draft from post #1... **

Round 4, pick #25 ( 120th overall) -- Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State:

Well, most people know about him I'm sure, and this again could be another one of those risky midround picks. Take a risk on the guy, if he pans out and lives up to his potential, then it could be a great pick, if not, no big loss, and you cut your ties with the pick. But the guy is a hard hitter, sort of like Nate Irving, who we drafted last year. The guy has nothing but huge upside and potential, but not real sure if his head is there. If he put his mind to it, he could become a great LB in this league. Only time will tell. I'm still willing to gamble on him, and see if with proper coaching, if he can become a decent LB for us. The guy would have been a top prospect last year, but too much stuff happened, and his stock fell like crazy. He has big play ability, and big play potential. We will see if he can apply himself or not. Hopefully he will stop with the childish mistakes, or he may not even be drafted at all, and having him in the 4th could be too high for this guy. Would love to see a hard hitter in the orange and blue.

*Alternate 4th round picks* Trenton Robinson, Safety, Michigan State -- Ryan Miller, OL, Colorado

Round 5, Pick #2 ( 137th overall -- From Rams) -- Mike Daniels, DT, Iowa

Well heres another Defensive tackle who I like. Not a big defensive linemen, like you would like, and teams may overlook that and he could fall, but he can get in the backfield and be a solid rotational player. His nickname is " The Beast" and hopefully he can be a Beast in Denver. He is a quick linemen which could be a plus, and always quick to make plays in the backfield. We'll be worth a late round pick up imo. He is a late round pick that could have some potential. Would like to see him fall to us in the 5th round.

*Alternate 5th round picks* Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas -- Keshawn Martin, WR, Michigan State

Round 6, Pick #18 ( 188th overall -- From Jets) -- Ron Brooks, CB, LSU

Well this will be our last pick in the 2012 NFL draft ( barring trades and everything else which is all bound to happen). And I'm sure we are bound to make a bunch of trades, as well as other teams, so we could end up with 4 or 5 picks, end up with 9 or 10, or just have 6 picks like we do now. Thats why I love the draft. So much stuff happens and its a great few days for anyone who loves football. But with our final selection in 2012, I have us getting Ron Brooks. Here is a guy that seems to be overshaddowed all the time at LSU, since he has played with Patrick Peterson, Claiborne, Mathieu, and others. Not a whole lot of people really talk about him, and I know I'm a big fan of SEC football so he is an interesting prospect. He is a very well athlete and can provide good competition at the CB position and can hopefully get a roster spot. He is quick enough to keep up with most WR's in the league. And can be used to come off the edge as a blitzer. Could use him a few different ways. Wouldn't mind spending a late round pick on him.

*Alternate 6th round picks* Najee Goode, LB, West Virginia -- Brett Roy, DT, Nevada

So thats that for my mock draft. In quick I have:

1. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
              2. Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida
              3. Mike Martin, DT, Michigan
              4. Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati
              4. Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State
              5. Mike Daniels, DT, Iowa
              6. Ron Brooks, CB, LSU

Have us filling needs by getting 2 DT, 2 CB, and then a LB, RB, and a WR. I feel like our team will improve thru the draft again, and we will continue to build thru the draft. This team is almost completed the way EFX want it. Its hard to take over a 4-12 team and have them contending for a championship in 2 years, but that is what Elway and company are doing right now. I don't see us as a SB team this year, but give us 1 more year and I feel like we will be a serious contender. Champion teams are built thru the draft. This is year 2 of the EFX project. 1 more day til the draft. Cant wait.

Now, as for some players who could go as Undrafted Free Agents, who I wouldn't mind signing after the draft would be:

Marquis Maze, WR, Alabama
              Case Keenum, QB, Houston
              JR Sweezy, DT, NC State
              Jerry Franklin, LB, Arkansas
              Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College
              Neiko Thorpe, Safety, Auburn
              Emanuel Davis, CB, East Carolina
              Mike Ball, RB, Nevada
              Jeff Demps, RB, Florida
              Dominique Hamilton, DT, Missouri

Just a handful of players there who could end up undrafted that I would like to see them get a chance to compete for a spot on the team. Since usually theres always that 1 undrafted player that makes the team, and some end up to have really good career. Only time will tell.

So hopefully everyone enjoyed it at least, and let me know if you like it or hate it, or if you're indifferent. The Draft is so close, I can taste. Thanks to who ever read this whole thing.

Hope everyone has a great Draft weekend.

Comment

I would hate this draft. Brooks is nice value in the 6th, but we wait until round 3 to draft a DT? Plus Burfict is a HUUUUUUGE reach in the 4th.
                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

burfict will be lucky to get drafted bad work outs + saw on ESPN tested positive for weed at the combine...

Comment

Superior effort thanks for posting excellent job
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

pretty sure that picture is not kendall wright but rather RG3
                      sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

If we draft Burfict at all i will be pissed. He's an idiot, has an attitude problem and he's overrated.

I can't believe you have him so high here.
                        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                          I would hate this draft. Brooks is nice value in the 6th, but we wait until round 3 to draft a DT? Plus Burfict is a HUUUUUUGE reach in the 4th.
                          Well last year, we didn't draft a DT at all, so waiting til round 3 isn't so bad I just don't see us going after a DT that high though honestly. But yea Burfict is probably a big reach at 4 now.

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                          burfict will be lucky to get drafted bad work outs + saw on ESPN tested positive for weed at the combine...
                          Yea, just saw that today about him. He'll probably go undrafted now.

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                          Superior effort thanks for posting excellent job ::
                          Thanks. I tried

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
                          pretty sure that picture is not kendall wright but rather RG3
                          Yea, I just noticed that a few seconds ago actually and was getting ready to change it. I must be tired. Was looking at some RG3 stuff and must have accidently uploaded an RG3 pic instead of Kendall Wright.

Comment

If you would change the Burfict pick to either a QB prospect like Cousins (in an ideal world he would last until this pick, but I realize it's not likely) or a Center like Mike Brewster, I would be ok with this draft.

I had a similar feeling that we may go for Wright in the first, I don't know why but it just seems to fit. If not Wright, I really would not be surprised if we picked a WR a lot earlier than people think. Most people have us grabbing one in the 4th, but I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out to be in the first 3.

But seriously, at this point it seems like we could go with one of at least 10 different guys at #25 so I gave up a while ago on trying to predict one.
                            "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                              If we draft Burfict at all i will be pissed. He's an idiot, has an attitude problem and he's overrated.

I can't believe you have him so high here.
                              Yea, I actually can't believe I did either Especially the more news that came out about him today. The guy is dumb and will probably go undrafted. EFX probably won't want to take a chance on him

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do View Post
                              If you would change the Burfict pick to either a QB prospect like Cousins (in an ideal world he would last until this pick, but I realize it's not likely) or a Center like Mike Brewster, I would be ok with this draft.

I had a similar feeling that we may go for Wright in the first, I don't know why but it just seems to fit. If not Wright, I really would not be surprised if we picked a WR a lot earlier than people think. Most people have us grabbing one in the 4th, but I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out to be in the first 3.

But seriously, at this point it seems like we could go with one of at least 10 different guys at #25 so I gave up a while ago on trying to predict one.
                              Yea, I agree with you. So many options for us at 25. We could trade up, trade down, stay put. Its going to be an exciting Thursday Night. Thats for sure. I don't really want to draft a QB this year. Even though our options at QB after Manning are terrible, I'd rather wait a year or 2 and then see what we want to do. I'm hoping in a few years to trade up for a top prospect at the QB position to groom for a few years under Manning. But yea, I have a feeling we may get a WR, a lot higher then most people think.

Comment

Working...
                              X