No announcement yet.

The Hillman Pick

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hillman Pick

This is a stud player. He runs a 4.4, has a thick frame on a 5'9" body, and not only set all kinds of rushing records (on a team the great Marshall Faulk played for), but he's great out of the backfield as a pass-catcher. Think about that for a moment.

The argument I've heard against him on these boards has been universally the same:

"Who is this guy?"

Followed by a list of known names that we should have taken, according to the fans.

This isn't a valid question in opposition to a pick; in fact, it only proves how little we know as fans compared to the front office guys. How many teams have made surprise picks? Don't you think they are aware of the names you're firing off? Yet they pick guys who fly under the radar. Why? Because they have done their homework. They know more than us. They aren't blind to the obvious. Remember, a lot of those guys we've passed are still on the board, which means other teams must be stupid too, right?

If you don't know anything about a player, that proves you have nothing to say about him, so don't say anything until he's played a while. These guys know about pretty much EVERY player, and passed on your names for this guy for a reason. They are smarter than us.

The Hillman pick is a great one. He is going to be a Darren Sproles type guy for Peyton Manning (and eventually Osweiler).
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 04-27-2012, 07:11 PM.

He's got potential to be a clone of LeSean McCoy. He's the real deal, glad we got him.

Comment

Hillman is a great running back. He cuts ridiculously fast, he has long speed, he has very good vision, he runs between the tackles well. He just needs a little more bulk and he's our stud.

Comment

I really wanted Miller.

But I am really happy with Hillman as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Just like the name of the guy on these boards

IN ELWAY I TRUST!
          DENVER STAND UP!!!

Comment

Sproles 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience
              I really wanted Miller.

But I am really happy with Hillman as well.
              I wanted Miller too, but there has to be a reason pretty much every team is passing on him.

Comment

i like the pic, kind of surprising with all the lamar miller and doug martin talk but im glad we add some speed at runningback

Comment

well i must say.. after watching some video the dude looks just FILTHY!!!

Comment

I am ok with the pick but i just think if we where going to draft a RB why not get the best available one ?

Pretty sure there where player available then him
                    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

That's a great point about Miller. Go read the Draft thread, however, and people are raging that we didn't take him.

Well, everyone else has passed on him too...is everyone dumb? Or is there something about him the football gurus don't like?

If the fans want him, but none of the teams do, who do you suppose is right?

Comment

Hillman might be good, and I think he has some upside.

But the fact is that every mock and ranking I've seen had him graded in the 4th round. There was no need for the Broncos to take him in the 3rd--and especially not to trade up and lose a 4th-rounder to do so.

It's the overvaluing and the reach pick that I can't stand, not the fact that Hillman is a Bronco.

Comment

dont compare him to sproles because this guy is tougher and could be every down guy...he could possibly take over in 2 years. next year he will get half the plays

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco
                            I am ok with the pick but i just think if we where going to draft a RB why not get the best available one ?

Pretty sure there where player available then him
                            According to our front office, whom I VERY MUCH trust, he was the best one. there's a reason Miller is being passed on.
                            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
                              I wanted Miller too, but there has to be a reason pretty much every team is passing on him.
                              Yea I dont know why
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎