• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samparnell
    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
    idk...i just think someone will give him a roster spot.
    If that happens, they need to study what McCoy did with him.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Joshecalpoly
      Starter
      • Dec 2005

Hes hard to take down, he has good vision and better cut back ability then most of the RB's in this league. I honestly think he looks more natural as a RB or FB then any other position
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• jetrazor74
        Invincible Iron Fan
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ironfootball39 View Post
        Say the jets cut Tebow.

And had an opportunity to pick him up as a RB (even releasing to the media that he would only be a running back). Would you be ok with it?
        Tebow's zealot like fans ruined it for him here. Even if Tebow were an Adrian Peterson like RB, nobody would want him due to the circus that would follow.

Don't get me wrong. I like Tebow. I have a Tebow poster hanging in my garage. If his fans weren't so obnoxious, I'd love to see him back. But his fans aren't going to change just because the Coach and FO says he has no shot at playing QB.

Besides, what would Tebow do with his dog? Change it's name BACK to Bronco? LOL

Comment

• ERoyal248
          All-Pro
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          Tebow's zealot like fans ruined it for him here. Even if Tebow were an Adrian Peterson like RB, nobody would want him due to the circus that would follow.

Don't get me wrong. I like Tebow. I have a Tebow poster hanging in my garage. If his fans weren't so obnoxious, I'd love to see him back. But his fans aren't going to change just because the Coach and FO says he has no shot at playing QB.

This this this...

His fans make it impossible and is exactly why he's not here today. If he didn't have crazy fans, he still may be with the Broncos.

Comment

• Bronco51
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2005

Bringing Tebow back means we all have to hear at some point either "Oh noes, Manning threws the INT's, it's Tebow time 1!1!1!" or "Oh noes, Manning lost a game, It's time for teh Tebow!1!1!1!".

Yeah, no thanks.

Comment

• EddieMac
              Canuck Mod, eh!
              • Feb 2004

It would make my dog relevant again......and the buddies would stop calling him Peyton.
              sigpic

Comment

• Joshecalpoly
                Starter
                • Dec 2005

Well sooner or later Tebow is going to have to change the name of his dog because I dont think NY will be holding onto him much longer, I give him 1 more year there at least.

I have run into so many religious nuts who say they are routing against Manning and the Broncos because of what they did to Tebow. Its annoying, but we gave him more of a shot then anyone else is willing to do.

Comment

• Bernie24
                  Playmaker
                  • Feb 2009

I think people would like to have an Adrian Peterson.

Comment

• Joshecalpoly
                    Starter
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                    I think people would like to have an Adrian Peterson.
                    Not if it meant people screaming about him being a QB every second, and having every win or loss being about him even if he barely played in a win.

Comment

• samparnell
                      Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                      • Nov 2007

It takes a lot of doggie cookies and a lot of repetition to change a dog's name ... again.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Bernie24
                        Playmaker
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                        Not if it meant people screaming about him being a QB every second, and having every win or loss being about him even if he barely played in a win.
                        That wouldn't happen with a top 3 QB on your roster like Manning though. No matter how badly you guys try to exaggerate it's only been bad because on each team Tebow has been on the QB in front of him has always been garbage. (Orton, now Sanchez)

With a real QB nobody would be asking for a benching because the team would be winning games and he would be consistently playing well. Even an above average QB wouldn't be getting calls to be benched just because Tebow is there.

Plus you'd be getting the best RB in the league if this hypothetical situation was real and he could run like AP...

Just sayin'.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                          Hall of Famer
                          • Apr 2009

Wow, this conversation again, with the same old lame arguments, when will just let it die around here? I liked Tebow, I defended him, but of course, Manning is clearly the better option, so there's really no point arguing about it anymore.

I still think Tebow has the potential to be a decent QB in this league. I don't know how much people expect him to improve, in 3 years he's had 4 different head coaches, 2 different teams, and multiple different offensive systems. He's gone from backup QB, to receiver, to starting QB, to special teams, to wildcat player. How could any NFL player grow in the such a short time with so much change (especially a QB)?

Given time, with the same offensive system, and the same coach, Tebow could do very well. But, I doubt he will ever be given his shot again, it looks like he's finished in NY, he'll likely be on his 3rd team in 4 years next season. Certainly not a recipe for success.

Comment

• Joshecalpoly
                            Starter
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                            That wouldn't happen with a top 3 QB on your roster like Manning though. No matter how badly you guys try to exaggerate it's only been bad because on each team Tebow has been on the QB in front of him has always been garbage. (Orton, now Sanchez)

With a real QB nobody would be asking for a benching because the team would be winning games and he would be consistently playing well. Even an above average QB wouldn't be getting calls to be benched just because Tebow is there.

Plus you'd be getting the best RB in the league if this hypothetical situation was real and he could run like AP...

Just sayin'.
                            First off Manning cant live forever, and when we signed Manning the outcry was how dare you do that to Tebow

Comment

• Bernie24
                              Playmaker
                              • Feb 2009

First off Manning cant live forever, and when we signed Manning the outcry was how dare you do that to Tebow
                              No, it wasn't. The outcry was more like "Oh my god we got one of the best QB's in the league. This could be awesome. We could win the Superbowl with him and our defense. Hopefully his health and play returns."

There was more of an outcry when we traded Tebow for peanuts, not for signing Manning. A lot of people myself included would have liked to have kept him as a backup due to Manning's age/health.

And I'm pretty sure people were most mad because didn't Elway say something like.. "Tebow is the QB of this team.." something along those lines I can't remember the exact quote, and the traded him the next couple weeks.

Comment

• primetime714
                                Practice Squad
                                • Jan 2012

I think his fans would be ok with him playing RB if he played it like AP. Also lets remember that Tebow has sat behind Kyle Orton and Mark Sanchez the past two years. Both are backup caliber QB's at best. Not saying Tebow is a legit starter by any means, but when the guy ahead of him is not any good the uproar is always going to be loud.

Comment

Working...
                                X