No announcement yet.

Bama Vs. Georgia: Future Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I hear or see items in regards to Alabama draft picks, I have this nightmare....

sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I read that Jarvis Jones has spinal stenosis. It's the reason why he transferred from USC to Georgia. It's because USC didn't clear him to play while Georgia did. I don't know much about spinal stenosis so i don't know how far this will drop him or how bad it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
        I read that Jarvis Jones has spinal stenosis. It's the reason why he transferred from USC to Georgia. It's because USC didn't clear him to play while Georgia did. I don't know much about spinal stenosis so i don't know how far this will drop him or how bad it can be.
        I'm by no means an expert, but after a quick google search I would think this would make him more likely to receive a neck, nerve, or spinal injury.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
          I'm by no means an expert, but after a quick google search I would think this would make him more likely to receive a neck, nerve, or spinal injury.
          After doing a bit of research Marcus McNeil also had spinal stenosis that dropped him to the 2nd round. He was doing fine the first 2 years but then injuries on the neck crept up and was forced to retire at 28. Cooper Manning was diagnosed with spinal stenosis that ended his career.

This could really have him drop like DaQuan Bowers 2 years ago. He probably can give a team a productive couple of years. But when injuries start coming in. He might be forced to retire

Comment

Some more examples
            Originally posted by http://seahawksdraftblog.com/how-will-spinal-stenosis-impact-jarvis-jones-draft-stock
            - Cooper Manning – older brother of Peyton and Eli – was diagnosed with the condition in 1992. It ended his career. Archie Manning had both other brothers tested immediately afterwards due to the severity of the issue. Neither had the condition.

- Michael Irvin retired in 1999 after receiving advice from doctors. He was diagnosed with spinal stenosis after suffering a non-life-threatening spinal injury in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles. The injury cut short a Hall of Fame career.

- Marcus McNeill was diagnosed with the condition prior to the 2006 NFL draft and it forced his fall into round two. One of the most talented offensive lineman to enter the league in recent memory was the seventh tackle to leave the board that year. At the age of just 28 he has been forced to retire, despite signing a six-year, $49 million with the Chargers after an impressive start to his pro career.

- Chris Samuels was the #3 overall pick in 2000, having built a reputation blocking for Shaun Alexander at Alabama. He spent nine years with the Washington Redskins before retiring aged 32. The reason? Samuels suffered temporary upper-body paralysis after a big hit in pass protection against the Carolina Panthers in 2009. The issue was blamed on spinal stenosis, a condition he was diagnosed with as a child. He was advised to cease playing immediately.

- Speculation suggested Rob Gronkowski had spinal stenosis after a series of back problems during his college career in Arizona. Agent Drew Rosenhaus was forced to deny the reports from NFLDraftScout.com prior to the 2010 draft. There were fears the talk could further push Gronkowski’s stock down the board, with lingering concerns over his back already leading to a second round fall.
            Denver Broncos GM
            Originally posted by Mosk
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Working...
            X