Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia in round one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia in round one ?

Slot receiver at the end of the first.

He is under-sized but electric, and has had pretty good production. Maybe a TY Hilton clone.

DT / Decker outside and Austin in the slot ?

Maybe end of round one is too high, maybe not. I guess it would be a gamble pick.

I love Tavon! I wouldn't mind trading up to draft him in the 1st. What's funny is, I don't care if he's on our board or not, I feel we should draft him just to keep New England from getting him. I know that's not the way to go, but New England would be super deadly with Tavon.
    sigpic

Comment

Would love to get him.

Him, Decker, and Thomas would be scary to defend.

Comment

I don't see how it's a gamble pick, we have zero depth after Thomas and Decker.

I'd put WR as one of our top needs right now.

Depending if that's addressed via FA.

Comment

Would not mind him at all. The pick I would prefer would be Kevin Minter MLB out of LSU.

But a combo of two 6'3 230 pound outside receivers with a 5'9 171 pound slot receiver?? That would kill DC's on how to game plan that. I would use him like Percy Harvin in Minnesota, do all kinds of fancy tricks with him. He is a very intriguing prospect and I wouldn't mind getting him at all.

Hopefully NE is smart enough not to get him. They need Secondary help like nobodies business, if they draft offense then they're stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            I don't see how it's a gamble pick, we have zero depth after Thomas and Decker.

I'd put WR as one of our top needs right now.

Depending if that's addressed via FA.
            I agree. I wanted a WR in the last draft but we have been lucky that DT/Decker have not been injured, and Stokley/Tamme have done well.

The reason I say its a gamble is because he is under-sized and there' not too many around in the league at the moment. So in round one its a little risky.

Comment

No way. I'm sure he'd be a good pick and work well in the offense, but WR is not a round one priority. Maybe once we hit the 4th round then sure we can find one, but spending a first round pick on WR I don't believe is in the best interests of the team. I'd try to find a workman G/C, Kuper always seems to be hurt and Koppen won't last forever at Center. Walton had a decent start to the season but I still wouldn't mind a legitimate contender for his job, not a 4th/5th round flyer.

We also have use for a MLB, which I think is our biggest hole. Brooking won't last very long, Irving for whatever reason isn't progressing as quickly as I hoped, Mays obviously isn't an option, and DJ is a wildcard off the field and getting up in age.

Runningback is also a better option in my opinion, but I doubt we'll go there. Hillman, Knowshon, Hester, and McGahee (who is getting old) I believe provide us with everything we need.

Interior defensive line is another choice. Bannan and Vick are decent plugs, but we have barely anything behind them. Wolfe is nice but he's more of a DE in this defense.

Overall we are a team with very few holes. We could go WR in the first round, but I wouldn't be all that happy with it.

Comment

I would like Austin but i would rather go with another position. Then Wheaton, Bailey or Patton would be good with our 2nd round

Comment

TAVON 1st round

I think Austin is a great 1st pick. there are good DTs in Free agency and its a deep DT draft. There are also solid MLB you can get after the 1st round. and good running backs in Free agency Micheal Turner, Shonne Green, Reggie Bush. Stokley is Old. We need someone to replace him and who better than Austin. Who can also learn from Manning. He is also not just a WR we could throw him at RB on plays also can be a returner. He is a very Durable Player. Teams have trouble covering welker, think of a faster quicker more elusive welker that can score anytime he touches the ball he is a game changer and worth the pick
                  Last edited by shane1326; 02-24-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

id like to get him but we also need another WR to back up DT n decker theres no depth...

Comment

There's no way he's there at our pick, no way...but if he is, I'd love to get him

Comment

I would love to have Austin on our team, but for now looks like he will be going in the late teens...

Decker is going to be a free agent in 2014 so we would be wise to have a replacement if for some reason we do not resign him.

Comment

If he's still there at 28 I'd love to see Tavon in the Orange and Blue.
                          2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by LeagueTaco View Post
                            I would love to have Austin on our team, but for now looks like he will be going in the late teens...

Decker is going to be a free agent in 2014 so we would be wise to have a replacement if for some reason we do not resign him.
                            IMO i dont think hes not an outside WR hes the mold of welker stokely...

Comment

Would LOVE it. Smart man.

Honestly I don't think he gets to us I see the Seahawks picking him up.
                              Follow me on Twitter
                              @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X