Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos will have $14.1 million extra to spend ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos will have $14.1 million extra to spend ???

Am I reading right here? Is it possible the Broncos will have over $20 million to spend (if they desire) once resigning vets like Clady?

[Editor’s note:  The 2011 labor deal allows teams to carry over unused salary-cap space.  Or to not carry it over.  Listed below is the cap adjustment that is available to each team.  Unless otherwise noted, the entire amount comes from cap money that can be carried over.  The Cowboys and Redskins have net cap reductions [more]

Any capologists in here? Could be a pretty exciting off season if this is the case.

I also read where the Broncos might put the franchise tag on Clady. Wouldn't that save some money? I know he'll have to get re-signed eventually, though.

Comment

Further proves the Champ getting cut story is bullcrap. There are teams that would kill to have our cap space. Got to love an owner who is willing to roll the money over to the next year instead of pocketing it.
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Not sure if it's all Elway's doing, but as VP of Ops, he's quitely built a very solid team without breaking the bank. Clady should be our top priority, but after that I think we've gotta throw some money at an every down RB that has shown he can stay healthy. Willis and Knowshon have both hanlded the starting job well, but have both gotten hurt just as much.

Comment

This extra 14.1 $million is massive.Good job broncos and I think we can look at an extra top end free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by 18to88 View Post
            Am I reading right here? Is it possible the Broncos will have over $20 million to spend (if they desire) once resigning vets like Clady?

[Editor’s note:  The 2011 labor deal allows teams to carry over unused salary-cap space.  Or to not carry it over.  Listed below is the cap adjustment that is available to each team.  Unless otherwise noted, the entire amount comes from cap money that can be carried over.  The Cowboys and Redskins have net cap reductions [more]

Any capologists in here? Could be a pretty exciting off season if this is the case.
            I actually think that means we only have 14.1 million (it's not "extra") we still have to sign clady and anyone else we resign and their money will come out of that. 11.5 carried over from last year to leave us with the 14.1.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
              This extra 14.1 $million is massive.Good job broncos and I think we can look at an extra top end free agent.
              It really isn't massive at all when you consider we still gotta resign people out of that money.

Now granted there may be some people that will be cut to add to that amount but a hefty chunk of that money will go to Clady.
              sigpic

Comment

Don't be surprised if we get a extra 10 million added to that cause I doubt mays and DJ are coming back
                A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I actually think that means we only have 14.1 million (it's not "extra") we still have to sign clady and anyone else we resign and their money will come out of that. 11.5 carried over from last year to leave us with the 14.1.
                  I don't think so. At least not the way nbc is explaining it.

Listed below is the cap adjustment that is available to each team. These numbers do not reflect available cap space but the amount of extra cap space over the unadjusted cap number, which is expected to be in the vicinity of $121 million per team.

$14.1 million ($11.5 million carryover)

The way I am understanding that is 18mil + 14.1mil. I am not saying nbc's interpretation is right. But we can only hope. Again, this is just how I am reading that NBC is trying to convey.

On top of that the 12 mil (before penalties) that we may get from mcgahee, williams, and mays. This may turn out pretty nice. If all has been interpreted correctly.
                  Vikings GM- Everybody is open

Comment

No, originally we had like 18 million in cap space, but with bonuses to be paid out, it has been REDUCED to 14 million available.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                      Don't be surprised if we get a extra 10 million added to that cause I doubt mays and DJ are coming back
                      It's very hard to find good linebackers like DJ,i would keep him.Now Porter CB different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Arch_Angel View Post
                        No, originally we had like 18 million in cap space, but with bonuses to be paid out, it has been REDUCED to 14 million available.
                        Please provide the literature. Please provide something that shows this.

By saying No, it doesn't prove anything. You are wrong, doesn't show anything. Show it. We are all trying to decipher this as it is unclear.

The way NBC explains it is extra on top of existing cap space. If they are wrong show that. But as for me, NBC sports has a little more experience in sports media than i do. I don't know about you.
                        Last edited by akbroncoguy; 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM.
                        Vikings GM- Everybody is open

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                          It's very hard to find good linebackers like DJ,i would keep him.Now Porter CB different story.
                          Agrees cut Joe Mays tho.

Comment

Well it is still exciting that with a couple of cuts - the Broncos will have a lot more to spend than nearly everyone else. But first sign Clady, don't franchise him!

Comment

Hopefully we sign some key players this off season, I am so tired of this team signing mediocre players, Hanie, Hester, Caldwell, Joe Mays, Keith Brooking, etc.. We are in win now mode, therefore the signing of washed up and backup players needs to stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X