Flowda's Pre-Combine Mock Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Ramses Barden has all the potential and talent just waiting to be utilized correctly with an increased role. I would be very happy if Barden came to Denver. Heck, I get excited thinking about it!

As for a slot in the draft, I really like Stedman Bailey (currently the 3rd round selection in my latest mock), Ryan Swope, and Markus Wheaton.
    Glad someone else could chime in on Barden. I see the potential and talent as well. It's scary to think if this kid gets a chance, gets it all together, and proves he can ball in the NFL, then this would be an absolute steal. It'd be mismatches all day (in our favor) to have this guy anywhere on the field going out for passes from Peyton.

I agree about Bailey, Swope, and Wheaton as well. If I didn't have Barden being signed in this mock, then I likely would've mocked either Wheaton or Bailey or a personal favorite of mine, Quinton Patton. All 4 of those guys are ideal slot WRs.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

• Kona's Win Now Quick Off Season

Re-Sign:
      Brandon Stokley – DEN.
      Ryan Clady – DEN. Franchise Tag
      Dan Koppen – DEN.
      Kevin Vickerson – DEN.
      Tony Carter – DEN.

Free Agency/ Release:
      Matt Shaughnessy. DE. (Dumervil). Cap move
      Sammie Lee Hill. DT. (Bannan)
      Atari Bigby. SS. (Adams)
      Dan Connor. ILB. (DJ)
      Javon Ringer. RB. (Ball)
      Ramses Barden. WR. (Willis)
      Andy Levitre. OG. (Kuper)
      Rashard Mendenhall. RB. (McGhee)

Draft/Cuts:
      1)Jonathan Banks CB. (Porter)
      2)Sylvester Williams. DT (Silliga)
      3)Stedman Bailey. WR. (Caldwell)
      4)Marcus Lattimore. RB. (Gronkowski)
      5)Aaron Mellette. WR
      7)Michael Mauti. OLB (Brookings)

UDFA/ small school prospects:
      Marcus Coker RB. Stony Brook
      Brent Russell. DT. Georgia Southern
      Mark Jackson OT. Glennville State
      Marcus Williams CB. North Dakota State

Flame away!

Comment

• Didn't Haden run a horrible 40 at the combine like a 4.57 yet he is now considered one of the top 5 corners in the NFL? When I first saw that 40 time of Banks I definitely thought I really hope the Broncos don't draft him but as some time has passed and looking at his full body of work the guy is just a great football player that is one of the better technicians at the corner position and his size adds an element to the corner position that we really don't have on the team right now to line up with some of the more physical receivers in the NFL.

Now I really do like all of your FA moves. My guess is there is no way we can sign all of those guys and I don't think Gholdson is even on our radar right now but all of the other guys actually seem very likely and realistic. The draft I definitely am a fan of as well. If I had to go WR in the 2nd I would rather go Bailey just because he has the versatility to play on the outside say Decker or Thomas went down with injury but also the skills to play the slot as well. Otherwise great draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          considering some of the people we've given money to a 6,000,000 dollar rental on Reavis wouldnt be bad.
          Agree. We had Porter on a 1 year 4 mill rental last year...
          sigpic

Comment

• Bibgy is in no way an upgrade over adams, especially at his age. Mendenhall isn't much of if any an upgrade over McGahee. Why do you drastrastically want to change the team that was 2 minutes away from getting to the conference championship? Conner plays MLB not WLB and is best suited for the 2-4. Barden is a sexy name that hasn't done anything at all, but he's different than Willis. Ringer over Ball? I do like Sammie Lee, but once again he really hasn't played much. I don't mind your draft though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamSchefter View Post
              ill take trufant over banks...but if we go corner first round i trust that elway will choose the right one
              I clearly stated that I would have preferred Trufant, but you don't always get what you want when you pick 28 in the draft.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                He doesn't cost 14 million in this mock.

His contract this year is 6 million and he can't hold out, if he does we can force him to play at 6 mil per during each of the next 3 years. Maybe if you had read the mock you would have seen that.
                We all know he would cost ONLY $6mil in year 2013. Funny, $6mil is nothing to sneeze about considering the guy is coming off major knee injury. Also, we would have to give up multiple picks.

No, team is going to do this without getting a long term deal worked out with Revis. Hence, were the $14mil+ per yr comes around. Nope sorry. Elway is a Standford guy which means he has at least one brain cell that can tell him this is a NO WIN situation to go for Revis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baller7120 View Post
                  We all know he would cost ONLY $6mil in year 2013. Funny, $6mil is nothing to sneeze about considering the guy is coming off major knee injury. Also, we would have to give up multiple picks.
                  We just cleared 6 million from DJ. I'd rather pay Revis 6 mil than DJ. A major knee injury that modern medicine has had virtually no problems fixing (for at least the 1st injury). In this mock we give up one pick a 2013 2nd rounder. Revis is better than any player that we will get in the 2nd.

No, team is going to do this without getting a long term deal worked out with Revis. Hence, were the $14mil+ per yr comes around. Nope sorry. Elway is a Standford guy which means he has at least one brain cell that can tell him this is a NO WIN situation to go for Revis.
                  Revis can not veto a trade and Idzik is not going to keep him just because Revis isn't getting a new contract. You're obviously not a Stanford guy if you can't see the benefits of a Revis rental.
                  Denver Broncos GM
                  Originally posted by Mosk
                  Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• The Broncos aren't giving up high draft picks for a rental.

Comment

• Originally posted by causticon View Post
                      The Broncos aren't giving up high draft picks for a rental.
                      Why not?

10char
                      Denver Broncos GM
                      Originally posted by Mosk
                      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• I had the following...

Sign Steven Jackson, Dashon Goldson.

Draft 1-DT Jenkins, 2-CB Banks, 3-WR Swope, 4-ILB best available (Johnson, Mauti)

Probably a stretch thinking Banks and Swope will still be there then
                        Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• I called the DRC signing lol. Others said we couldnt get who I said we should get. Now we have way more lol.
                          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
                          X