Cam Newton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Newton?

Now don't flame me its late and my mind is wondering. Haha just a thought if available would you trade for cam sit him behind manning and have him and oz duel it out. It seems his biggets issue as a pro is calling audibles and we have thet master of that. Plus he would look really good in orange and blue. I would maybe go oz for newton straight up if we dont feel oz is the future I just curious of your thoughts and what you'd be willing to give up.

No (ten characters)
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Elaborate? Its just a tought yo

Comment

They wouldn't trade him, and if they did it would be for a king's ransom. If he's a FA when Manning retires, then why not.
        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Carolina wouldn't trade him. Who would be the Panthers starter then? Besides, he'd be very unhappy being a backup.
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Free agency makes more sense ill agree with you. And if we would make a trade throw in oz straight up with a 4th. And maybe zac and a 1st. I'm only venting guys. But could you imagen cam getting it together and playing like he did as a rookie but better with more experience In blue and orange. After pfm retires ofcourse and gets that ring. With the weapoms we have cam would excel in this offense down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by 25Harris_HOF View Post
              Free agency makes more sense ill agree with you. And if we would make a trade throw in oz straight up with a 4th. And maybe zac and a 1st. I'm only venting guys. But could you imagen cam getting it together and playing like he did as a rookie but better with more experience In blue and orange. After pfm retires ofcourse and gets that ring. With the weapoms we have cam would excel in this offense down the line.
              Cam is very talented, but he's got his issues. One example is that when we played them last year. Miller nearly had Cam down. He threw it down the sideline as he was falling down. What happened? Tony Carter intercepted it and returned it for a TD. You don't throw a football that far when you're falling down like that. Newton, IMO, still has times when he plays like a rookie.
              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I can't stand this guy, he gets every excuse from the media on why they lost the game every week. The media time and again has blamed it on no weapons, bad defense and bad coaching.

What people fail to see is that he's another example of a QB who ran a spread option in college that can't read an NFL calibur defense and he relies soley on his athletic ability. Until he's able to do that they will continue to lose football games.

Comment

I dont want Cam anywhere near this team.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Not the type of QB that Elway would bring in to fit into this team mentality. All the talent in the world, BUT...

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Million dollar talent with a ten cent brain.

Comment

Please tell me what wepons cams had on a serious note sincs arriving in carolonia though?

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
                          I can't stand this guy, he gets every excuse from the media on why they lost the game every week. The media time and again has blamed it on no weapons, bad defense and bad coaching.

What people fail to see is that he's another example of a QB who ran a spread option in college that can't read an NFL calibur defense and he relies soley on his athletic ability. Until he's able to do that they will continue to lose football games.
                          What you fail to see is that the media is dead right when talking about how he has no weapons, a bad defense and bad coaching.

I'll admit first hand that he has had his fare of struggles and blame for losses. He hasn't been quite to the level that we saw early on.

But honestly who are his weapons? an aging Steve Smith? The run game is absolutely atrocious these days. The o-line is terrible.

Don't get me started on the defense. In 2 seasons and 5 games I would gaurantee at least 10 games that Cam has given them the lead with under 3 minutes to play only to see the defense blow it in that short time span. It really is ridiculous how much better his record could be if that sorry excuse for a defense could ever get a stop with the game on the line. It's already happened twice to him this season in the first two weeks. Though week 1 he deserves blame for only putting up 7 points.

I would also agree the coaching is quite atrocious too.

That being said I think I agree with everyone else that we are better off just sticking with Oz. I love Cam Newton but he is a little bit of a head case and the tougher it gets in Carolina the more we see that in his reactions. In his defense who really likes losing all the time though?

We would have way more weapons to give Cam in Denver but I don't want to find out what would happen at the first sign of trouble.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            What you fail to see is that the media is dead right when talking about how he has no weapons, a bad defense and bad coaching.

I'll admit first hand that he has had his fare of struggles and blame for losses. He hasn't been quite to the level that we saw early on.

But honestly who are his weapons? an aging Steve Smith? The run game is absolutely atrocious these days. The o-line is terrible.

Don't get me started on the defense. In 2 seasons and 5 games I would gaurantee at least 10 games that Cam has given them the lead with under 3 minutes to play only to see the defense blow it in that short time span. It really is ridiculous how much better his record could be if that sorry excuse for a defense could ever get a stop with the game on the line. It's already happened twice to him this season in the first two weeks. Though week 1 he deserves blame for only putting up 7 points.

I would also agree the coaching is quite atrocious too.

That being said I think I agree with everyone else that we are better off just sticking with Oz. I love Cam Newton but he is a little bit of a head case and the tougher it gets in Carolina the more we see that in his reactions. In his defense who really likes losing all the time though?

We would have way more weapons to give Cam in Denver but I don't want to find out what would happen at the first sign of trouble.
                            Yea you are right. The 3rd ranked defense in the league that has arguably the best front 7 in football is terrible. A RB stable of JStew, Deangelo and Tolbert is terrible
                            His offensive line isn't as bad as you make it out to be. The only thing Cam hasn't had is a recieving core and even then he's had better receivers than players like Sam Bradford has had. Cam is a selfish player and it shows up. He can have all the stats in the world but he will still lose games because he is not a team player, he is a diva. Cam is a cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                              Yea you are right. The 3rd ranked defense in the league that has arguably the best front 7 in football is terrible. A RB stable of JStew, Deangelo and Tolbert is terrible
                              His offensive line isn't as bad as you make it out to be. The only thing Cam hasn't had is a recieving core and even then he's had better receivers than players like Sam Bradford has had. Cam is a selfish player and it shows up. He can have all the stats in the world but he will still lose games because he is not a team player, he is a diva. Cam is a cancer.
                              Third ranked defense has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that his defense has blown a lead twice this year in the final 5 minutes of the fourth quarter. That's a fact. So they are terrible when it matters most. And before this year they were flat out aweful period.

As for the RB string yes they aren't terrible but obviously you are sleeping under a rock because Stewart hasn't played a down this year.

Deangello Williams has decent stats but not great. The panthers run game as a whole is way down from years past.

Cam is far from a cancer. He is just like most young qb's that don't handle losing well after having success
                              Their whole like. I'm not saying he doesn't need to work on it. But it's laughable that you consider him a cancer.

You really are on an agenda if you don't take the state of the franchise
                              Into consideration when passing judgement on him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X