No announcement yet.

Cam Newton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is streaky....one bad outing and he is back under his towel and then in front of the podium throwing his teammates under the bus.
    sigpic

Comment

Cam Newton is a very talented player. He has a lot of potential and after having that great end to last season, and great start to this season, I would say he is finally finding that consistency that was so off and on through the first year and a half of his NFL career.

He will not be leaving Carolina and having the chance to even sign with us. However if we did ever get the chance to sign him, I would take him in a heartbeat. I thought he was well over drafted in 2011. However he has proved me wrong as he is the best player to come from that draft.

Any GM who would even think about getting rid of Cam Newton is an idiot. Just like anyone who ever told me I was I wrong for saying Cam Newton is better then Tim Tebow is an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        He is streaky....one bad outing and he is back under his towel and then in front of the podium throwing his teammates under the bus.
        Not true at all. He had a three pick outing against Arizona before this thread was started. He wasn't doing any of that at all.

Mayock was talking last night about how Cam realized in the offseason he was going to have to change his attitude and be a better teammate and leader if he wanted this team to go anywhere.

They said all his teammates and coaches have noticed and echoed this change all season. And we are seeing the results on the field these last three games.

Cam's QB rating is top 10 in the league this year. He isn't lighting up defenses but he is limiting the mistakes much better. He said he finally realized he doesn't have to try to win the game on every play. And as I said we are seeing that with no turnovers the last three games.

Cam is a stud. Some of y'all can keep hating because of the mistakes he made last year. But he is improving right in front of our eyes. And the attitude to go with it. Like Birdman said first time above .500 since 2008.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          Not true at all. He had a three pick outing against Arizona before this thread was started. He wasn't doing any of that at all.

Mayock was talking last night about how Cam realized in the offseason he was going to have to change his attitude and be a better teammate and leader if he wanted this team to go anywhere.

They said all his teammates and coaches have noticed and echoed this change all season. And we are seeing the results on the field these last three games.

Cam's QB rating is top 10 in the league this year. He isn't lighting up defenses but he is limiting the mistakes much better. He said he finally realized he doesn't have to try to win the game on every play. And as I said we are seeing that with no turnovers the last three games.

Cam is a stud. Some of y'all can keep hating because of the mistakes he made last year. But he is improving right in front of our eyes. And the attitude to go with it. Like Birdman said first time above .500 since 2008.

We will see when that bad day happens......which it will.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            Cam Newton is a very talented player. He has a lot of potential and after having that great end to last season, and great start to this season, I would say he is finally finding that consistency that was so off and on through the first year and a half of his NFL career.

He will not be leaving Carolina and having the chance to even sign with us. However if we did ever get the chance to sign him, I would take him in a heartbeat. I thought he was well over drafted in 2011. However he has proved me wrong as he is the best player to come from that draft.

Any GM who would even think about getting rid of Cam Newton is an idiot. Just like anyone who ever told me I was I wrong for saying Cam Newton is better then Tim Tebow is an idiot
            Pretty much sums up my feelings on this. I was not a fan of Cam coming out of college either. I thought he had some maturity issues and didn't like his style coming into the league. He has changed my mind quite a bit though over the last season. He has very limited weapons around him and the system looks rather vanilla at times. I think he is a bit hamstrung by the coordinator at times on top of it. Steve Smith is not the same player he once was, Lafell is at best a #3 on most teams and their rb stable is still pretty average imo. The guy is making much better choices so far this year and it has been showing as of late. Watching an actual game and looking at stats are totally different things, Cam is growing and you can see it in his play. Every qb has off days, even the best. I still think Cam and Romo are top 10 guys in this league that get ragged on far to much while others are actually far more overvalued.
            Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
            Supporting this staff!
            Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Man the ball does fly out of his hand though...

Comment

Peyton and Brady have thrown countless people under the bus at times as well. In fact almost every legitimate starting qb has thrown people under the bus and held people accountable for their actions. There is a fine line between accountability and putting unnecessary blame on others and I think people have skewed views based on who does it and their rooting interests. In fact the only two "Elite" qb's that I can't recall blaming others would be Brees and Roethlisberger.
                Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
                Supporting this staff!
                Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

We will see when that bad day happens......which it will.
                  I don't know why you keep saying that. I already pointed out that that day has happened just three weeks ago. After the Cardinals. The week this thread was opened.

He did not hang his head or blame his teammates. He went back to work to fix things and it has shown the last three weeks. So again. You are wrong.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                    Man the ball does fly out of his hand though...
                    Pretty sure the ball flies out of every QB's hand. That's what it's supposed to do.

I know what you mean though. Sometimes he puts too much under it.
                    sigpic

Comment

“What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? ... It ain’t going to happen,” Newton said. “That’s the type of person that I am. I’m that lion. The house that I’m in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. But I’m trying to change that, whether I’m going to have to turn that house into a safari or I’m just going to have to get out of that house.”

“I’m not saying I’m trying to leave this place,” Newton quickly continued. “I’m just trying to get everybody on my level.”
                      As a rookie with, I believe, 14 interceptions on the season at that point. Yes this two years old....but it shows lack of maturity and arrogance that might just not go away.

I would never want that guy on my team.
                      sigpic

Comment

As a rookie with, I believe, 14 interceptions on the season at that point. Yes this two years old....but it shows lack of maturity and arrogance that might just not go away.

I would never want that guy on my team.
                        I don't agree at all. I actaully take all those comments to be comments of a leader.

You come into a losing organization that's only won 2 games and there will be a lot of players with a losing mentality.

There is no room for that on a team in the NFL. I agree 100% with his comments that you need people to raise their level of game and not accept losing. And if you are ok with losing you need to step on to a different team.

Peyton may not make these comments to the media but I guarantee you he has the same mentality. Do not accept losing whatsoever.

He is just speaking of what the state of the franchise was versus what he wants it to become. People need to stop being so sensative about this sort of stuff.

To me that is just looking for an excuse to not like the guy. And it's not a very good example.
                        sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure the ball flies out of every QB's hand. That's what it's supposed to do.

I know what you mean though. Sometimes he puts too much under it.
                          Both he and Kaep need to develop some more "touch".

Comment

I don't agree at all. I actaully take all those comments to be comments of a leader.

You come into a losing organization that's only won 2 games and there will be a lot of players with a losing mentality.

There is no room for that on a team in the NFL. I agree 100% with his comments that you need people to raise their level of game and not accept losing. And if you are ok with losing you need to step on to a different team.

Peyton may not make these comments to the media but I guarantee you he has the same mentality. Do not accept losing whatsoever.

He is just speaking of what the state of the franchise was versus what he wants it to become. People need to stop being so sensative about this sort of stuff.

To me that is just looking for an excuse to not like the guy. And it's not a very good example.
                            Then we will agree to disagree and see how his career turns out. You like him, I don't. We will both find reasons to support ours.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                              Both he and Kaep need to develop some more "touch".
                              I agree with that. But it's just who they are. They would probably get themselves in more trouble trying to change their natural motion though.

They both have unusual deliveries which I don't think allows for much touch. But Kaepernick proved last year you can take a team to the SB with it.

I would like to see Cam work on it though. I think that's the biggest weakness in his game. The rocket passes which should be touch passes. When those sail on you they usually end up in a defenders hands that wasn't even going to be able to make a play.
                              sigpic

Comment

Then we will agree to disagree and see how his career turns out. You like him, I don't. We will both find reasons to support ours.
                                Fair enough. My only point was that so far this year he has had an ugly game and didn't react the same way we saw last year.

To me that shows maturity. And it was annoying me that you were ignoring that he has already had a bad game this year and kept saying wait till he has a bad day.

I'm not asking you to like him now. Just don't ignore that he already had a bad game that he didn't blow up after.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X