Major Offseason Movements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Offseason Movements

Just finished reading a Peyton and Eli story for the Super Bowl. It got me thinking, I worry this run will all end when Manning hangs it up. Not to discount Brock, but they are unrealistic expectations for him to run this kind if offense. So if Elway and company have there doubts, why not bring in Eli for the last 4 or 5 years of his career and maybe have Peyton as his coordinator or qb coach. If there is one qb who could get close to this level it's Eli, especially with his brother mentoring him. If Eli puts up another bad year in NY this could be had at a reasonable price!

Thoughts?
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

I can't really see NYG getting rid of Eli, especially if Coughlin is still around. I mean it's a possibility they scrap the regime all together, de crown Coughlin and cut Eli.. It's not out of the realm for possibility but not likely.

I wouldn't be entirely against it. It would all depend on how comfortable Peyton is with Eli over having Brock start. I'd like to say it would "never happen" but with today's NFL it's hard to say.

Comment

No thanks.. Eli is way overrated. They got hot a couple of times in the playoffs but he's nowhere near as good as Peyton. He's not even a Top 10 QB in the league right now and he certainly won't be in 2-3 more years

Comment

Eli is terrible, its a paradox how he has 2 superbowls

Comment

No thanks. Not a fan of Eli, Giants can keep him
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Eli needs a better I-line than he had this year. Denver could provide that, but giants won't let him go (of course I never thought the colts would let Peyton go)

Comment

Eli ? No way....better to trade up for a higher draft pick and get someone ready for the day when Peyton hangs it up..

Comment

Eli is a disaster. The mental aspect of the game is a huge problem for him, while Peyton is a master of it. Two COMPLETELY different players.

Comment

I'm not solid on Brock either I DONT SEE IT IN HIM

Comment

Funny how people beat up on Eli.......

.....the guy with 2 SB Rings

.....the guy who beat The Pats twice (once when they were undefeated up to the SB) with last drives when everything was on the line

I know, he's not a consistently top level QB, but he sure has some amazing highlights in his resume!!

(don't forget to mention that it was only because of his great Ds that they won the crowns)
                    Last edited by CanDB; 01-25-2014, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

.....the guy who beat The Pats twice (once when they were undefeated up to the SB) with last drives when everything was on the line

I know, he's not a consistently top level QB, but he sure has some amazing highlights in his resume!!

(don't forget to mention that it was only because of his great Ds that they won the crowns)
                      The problem is gonna be that anyone after Peyton is going to be a bust....they will not be able to use Peyton's system unless you get a kid fresh out of college who wants to learn and has the skills...like Andrew Luck (although I think he will end up more of a Favre than a Peyton when all is said and done). Start scouting sophomores now and putting together some trade possibilities...maybe even letting Brock take the reigns for a year after Peyton...if we wins great...problem solved...if he flops...take the bad year (like the Colts) get a high pick in the draft and get a good one.

Comment

Eli is capable of being a high level NFL qb, it's undeniable. He has two rings. BUT........Eli is not Peyton. He needs a strong running game, strong O-line and a strong cast around him to be successful. If I had to pinpoint the difference between Eli and Peyton; Eli needs a strong supporting cast to win while Peyton can elevate almost any supporting cast and win.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
                          Bring Eli to Denver!
                          You didn't see enough interceptions when Cutler was here, or what?
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Trent Dilfer has a ring too. It really doesnt prove anything. Sometimes the luck/Gods are just with you. That win against the undefeated Patriots is a good example of that. How that DL did not tackle him and how the reciever made that catch is simply unbelievable.

I am not saying Eli is worse qb in the league or anything. But he isn't one of the best either in my book. He is very inconsistent and can turn into a Interception machine. I personally think while PM makes his teams better, the teams make Eli Better.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Let Brock have a chance. He sat behind arguably the greatest QB ever. Brett Farve, Aaron Rogers anyone? To say you don't think Brock "Has it in him" is 100 % unfair. You haven't seen squat to make an educated decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X