X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Broncos] Draft/Free Agency Rumors & Speculation

For [Entire NFL] Draft/Free Agency Rumors & Speculation:
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...mp-Speculation
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured we could all add to this along the way to Free Agency & the Draft...

Here is the first one...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...julian-edelman
    Last edited by Fargo; 03-16-2014, 12:23 AM.

First I've heard about Welker being a cap casualty. I guess its possible and Edelman would be a logical choice to replace Welker.

Receiving core is definitely going to look different this year.
    A book I wrote

Comment

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014rumorsteams_1.php

This link has great draft info about what people in the organization are doing or saying regarding a specific player.
      Originally posted by darth-hideous
      Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
      Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Don't know how I would feel about spending good money on a WR this year. He's a good return man and is pretty versatile, but I'd rather focus this off-season on drafting well and finding a few good FA's to supplement the defense.
        RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
        :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

I think Knowshon is a lock to come back.
          Denver Broncos GM
          Originally posted by Mosk
          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
            I think he will be back if he is willing to take a small, small contract. Same goes with Ayers, we payed these guys a lot of money as first rounders and should come back on very small contracts to try and make up for their first round status. If they are looking for good contracts I say bounce them, there is other talented players to take their spots
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
              Only if he'd stay for a discount and not want to get paid top dollar.

Comment

ESPN New York expects free agent Eric Decker to command "No. 1" receiver-type money, or "at least" $9 million per year.
                It's a pretty optimistic projection in a year where the incoming collegiate receiver group is considered incredibly deep. We'll say this for Decker: Greg Jennings landed a deal worth $9 million annually from the Vikings last offseason, and Decker is worth more than him. Still, if Decker is going to command that kind of money, receiver-needy teams would be savvy to exhaust all possible alternatives. He's a strong No. 2 wideout in the NFL, but does not tilt coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                  ESPN New York expects free agent Eric Decker to command "No. 1" receiver-type money, or "at least" $9 million per year.
                  It's a pretty optimistic projection in a year where the incoming collegiate receiver group is considered incredibly deep. We'll say this for Decker: Greg Jennings landed a deal worth $9 million annually from the Vikings last offseason, and Decker is worth more than him. Still, if Decker is going to command that kind of money, receiver-needy teams would be savvy to exhaust all possible alternatives. He's a strong No. 2 wideout in the NFL, but does not tilt coverage.
                  Yep, he's gone. Definitely not worth 9, I would have a hard time paying him more then 5.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                    Yep, he's gone. Definitely not worth 9, I would have a hard time paying him more then 5.
                    No way Elway goes that high, i'd go at most, 5/40.

I dont know if Elway would though.

But if he got 9-12 mil per, then good for him and take the comp pick in 2015.

Nor do i know who would give him that.

Comment

I wouldnt mind signing Edelman to replace Decker though.

Would be much cheaper, and he's a MONSTER on punt returns.

Comment

No way Elway goes that high, i'd go at most, 5/40.

I dont know if Elway would though.

But if he got 9-12 mil per, then good for him and take the comp pick in 2015.

Nor do i know who would give him that.
                        There are a lot of wr needy teams like Carolina, Oakland or Indy who I could see going hard after him but he is definitely not signing with us for that type of money, I mean does he think he's DT or something? Cause he's definitely not worth more then DT.

Comment

I wouldnt mind signing Edelman to replace Decker though.

Would be much cheaper, and he's a MONSTER on punt returns.
                          Idk, we already got a small guy. I did like the idea of going hard after James jones AND Anquan Boldin.

Comment

Idk, we already got a small guy. I did like the idea of going hard after James jones AND Anquan Boldin.
                            Cut Welker, sign Edelman and one of Jones or Boldin.

Comment

There are a lot of wr needy teams like Carolina, Oakland or Indy who I could see going hard after him but he is definitely not signing with us for that type of money, I mean does he think he's DT or something? Cause he's definitely not worth more then DT.
                              Indy i can definately see, Hilton/Decker/Wayne would be lethal.

Carolina doesnt have that kind of cap room.

Not sure it's ever happened, has a team traded players before without draft picks. Hardy for Decker perhaps, both teams win.

Comment

Working...
                              X