Mike Klis on - Decker, DRC and PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    I think it is worth asking that if Decker is so good, why was he not resigned already?
    I think everyone here is on the same page for that...Most of us think he is worth in the $5-7M range but he may get paid in the $8-10M range on the open market. How good he is, is the debate. If he doesn't get the big offers that some expect...he very well might still be a Bronco next season. I think the Broncos would happily keep him at $6(or so)M per.
    sigpic

Comment

My guess is Elway has offered Decker a #2 WR contract similar to the one signed by Mike Williams. $6.7 million per year, between $9-10 million guaranteed. IMO Williams did not deserve that contract because of his poor work ethic but it's a fair offer for a #2 WR that comes to work.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
        That is where you're wrong. I think Decker is crazy talented. He has all the tools to be one of the top WR's in the league.

But the point is he doesn't.

Time and time again he's dropping the freaking football. Or just completely disappears in a game and becomes completely irrelevant. He had a great year, yes. But what I'm saying is ANYBODY could have had a great year in that offense. Fine a rookie wouldn't have gone 1200 yards and 11 TDs. Closer to 900 Yards and 10 TD's. There..

Decker is just not worth what everyone glamours him up to be. I love his talent and want it to translate but it doesn't. Again Decker couldn't crack 1000 yards and 9 tds in two years combined before Peyton and Gase.
        Again, I agree.

Besides the dropped passes another thing that aggravated me was when he tripped
        on himself TWICE!

I believe the first "phantom trip" was on a catch against SD.
        The second "phantom trip" I believe was on a punt return against the BAL.

Both times it appeared he was on his way to a TD. :brick:

E Decker ceiling is WR2, IMO worth anywhere between $3<6M a year.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
          I think he gave up on routes and spent more time calling for a flag then jumping for a pass
          ^^^OMG…this!

Every time he pleaded for a flag…I thought,
          "PUSH back and FIGHT for the ball, not flags!"

Comment

I'm going to be honest and strait up. I love Decker. I think he is a fabulous #2 for this team.

He just doesn't play at a #1 level. He doesn't deserve a #1 contract. And I definitely do NOT believe he can match the production of Peyton Manning's 2012-2013 offenses. In another NFL offense.

At best he'd get Andrew Luck who threw only 20 + TD's with the leader only holding 5 and 1k yards.

What else would he go to? Geno Smith? Alex Smith? Blaine Gabbert? Tannehill? Flacco?

Unless he gets scooped up by an elite offense ala Packers, Saints, Patriots, Bears (okay, not Elite, but lets throw em a bone) or even Dallas or even the Falcons. He's not going to be as relevant as people want to believe.

In the end a team will over pay him just to find themselves in salary cap hell over an average receiver who lacks physicality and who drops the football on too many occasions.
            Last edited by Denver Mike; 03-07-2014, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
              ^^^OMG…this!

Every time he pleaded for a flag…I thought,
              "PUSH back and FIGHT for the ball, not flags!"
              I thought the same thing but in words that would get me suspended from here if I posted them lol. Steve smith is a better big man then decker which I just don't understand
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                Nope. Try again buddy.

I said a rookie in last years offense. Could match Decker's production here.

Keenan Allen is a rook coming of a 1040 yard 8 TD season. He would have been BETTER than Decker in his first year than Deck was in our system last year.
                no he wouldn't have, well maybe he could have but you are comparing apples to oranges, Allen was Rivers only target for like 8 games, no one else was even worth looking to as a second receiver and the difference in offenses was definitely clear as well since they focused on the run more and threw far less but more to one or two receivers versus 5-7 different guys here in Denver. I doubt he would have even been a second target in our system where DT and Welker are 1-2 and JT was more 3 than decker even...
                GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X