No announcement yet.

Pre-Free Agency Offseason Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one of those RBs would fit our offense perfectly, and that is MJD. He is very good at pass pro, runs hard, and is a great receiver. Sign him to a 2yr $5M deal (with incentives to make $4M per).
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• I like Sproles but the Broncos do not use Hillman properly. How we use Hillman reminds me of how the Chargers used Sproles the year before he left to NO...you know running between the Guards, no outside pitches...no getting him the ball in space. I do not want to sign Sproles because I do not think the coaching staff will use him at what he does best.

I am all for Tate, MJD or Gerhart....at the right price.

Moreno has allot of heart but in terms of NFL RB Physical Skills he is average.

I would be ok if we kept Moreno. Although he has never played the 4th quarter of the last game in a season for his entire career....always watching because of some kind of injury.

If we want to evolve as a offense we need to have a threat at RB that will make defenses actually think about keeping run defenders on the field against our offense.

If we want a balanced offense it starts at having a threat in the RB spot...a guy who will make defenses think about putting run defenders in there.
      Last edited by Hadez; 03-09-2014, 01:42 PM.
      Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

Comment

• It wouldn't surprise me to see the Broncos draft a RB in the mid/late rounds.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• ^ lol people use that rant to describe every new era of sport/entertainment. Not much has changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            It wouldn't surprise me to see the Broncos draft a RB in the mid/late rounds.
            Can you say Terrance west?!?!? Dude is a frank gore clone! He can catch the ball so well that the whichever bowl he played at (shrine or senior I don't remember) he was taking reps at wr. Dudes a legit stud
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• D. Sproles gets my vote. He would fill two huge voids we have- 3rd down/change of pace back & punt/kick returner.
              "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

• PFF rates Ben Tate (-3.1) pretty bad at blocking fyi

MJD (7.0) was the 2nd best rated blocking RB in 2013

Also as much as Moreno (-0.2) gets credits for his blocking PFF says 27 RBs in NFL were better in 2013. They credit Moreno for allowing 1 sack, 3 hits and 4 hurries.

They hammer Moreno for his blocking in the Indy game (-1.4 gave up 2 hits), NE game (-1.1 gave up 2 hurries), 2nd SD game (-0.6 1 sack given up). They also graded him poorly against Balt ( -0.8 ) but he was not given any bad "stats" except a penalty. He was given positive grades in 11 regular season games but very small scores, never higher then 0.5, six of them 0.3 - 0.1
                Last edited by Hadez; 03-09-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Definitely sproles. He is a nightmare for lbs in coverage and is pretty solid in protection as well.

Ben Tate would be good as well, runs with good power, solid speed and very good vision. I feel like he's similar to ball though

Comment

• I don't get the hype around Tate?! The dude is hurt every year. How is there so much hype around Tate while McFadden had none. At least McFadden looked like he could be the best RB in the league if he could stay healthy
                    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Moreno ideally if the market for RB sucks.

If they limit his touches, I'd love DMC on a 1-yr deal.

Top 5 talent when healthy, huge if i know.

MJD would work too if he doesnt ask for much but i fear the wear and tear is gonna wear him down.

Comment

• After looking through some PFF metrics I feel MJD is ideal for us.

Better blocker then Moreno
                        Better pass catcher then Moreno
                        IMO a better runner just hard to run when MJD is the only viable weapon the defense needs to worry about

I do worry about his durability but hopefully he just splits carries with Ball and does not have to play all the time.

In 110 times he was asked to stay in and block not once did his QB get sacked, hit or hurried (from the guy MJD was assigned to). If nothing else I would like Ball to learn that from him.
                        Last edited by Hadez; 03-09-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• I'd be okay with us staying put at the position. Towards the end of the season, Ball really showed me a lot. I think if he took the reigns as our full-time starter, he could really impress. CJ and Hillman are solid backups or changes of pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                            Can you say Terrance west?!?!? Dude is a frank gore clone! He can catch the ball so well that the whichever bowl he played at (shrine or senior I don't remember) he was taking reps at wr. Dudes a legit stud
                            Jerick McKinnon would be good IMO. :2cents:
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Jerick McKinnon would be good IMO. :2cents:
                              His combine numbers indicate at the very least he could be a solid special teamer.

Comment

Working...
                              X