Darren Sproles to be Released by Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Sproles to be Released by Saints

The free-agent running back market will have an intriguing new name.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that the New Orleans Saints are releasing Darren Sproles, according to a source. The news comes soon after we learned that Sproles was being shopped for a potential trade. Clearly, no one was interested. Sproles confirmed the news by saying goodbye to Saints fans from his verified Twitter account.
    Drew Brees is losing two of his favorite weapons in 2014, as versatile running back/returner Darren Sproles is set to follow receiver Lance Moore out of New Orleans, Ian Rapoport reports.

I saw Jimmy Graham was not a happy camper after all these moves the team has made. Kind of made me laugh that he was upset with the team yet part of the reason they are doing this is so they can pay him.

Comment

We should bring him in for a look. Inexpensive option if Decker leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
        I saw Jimmy Graham was not a happy camper after all these moves the team has made. Kind of made me laugh that he was upset with the team yet part of the reason they are doing this is so they can pay him.
        If I'm NO I'm praying someone signs Jimmy Graham n in return they get 2 1st round picks. Brees will b pissed but it's in the best interest of the teams future. They have a horrible cap situation n it's only getting worse next year. They need to partially rebuild. Getting more picks could help jump start that process. Graham has injury problems n the blue print is out there to stop him.

Sproles would fill 2 big needs- 3rd down/ change of pace back & punt/kick returner
        Last edited by munoz1987; 03-08-2014, 08:44 AM.
        "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

I would rather sign Nicks straight up, Graham is overrated to me.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
            I would rather sign Nicks straight up, Graham is overrated to me.
            Say what you will about his blocking ability but Graham is anything but overrated. Hes more athletic and healthier than Gronk.
            I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
              Say what you will about his blocking ability but Graham is anything but overrated. Hes more athletic and healthier than Gronk.
              Not questioning the talent, he's had injury issues and TE isn't a weakness. The money wouldn't seem worth it for what he'd bring here. Overrated.
              sigpic

Comment

Sprawls would be great in Denver. Bigger pass-catching threat over Moreno. Time for Ball to take over as the runner.
                Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

We took bait Brady's favorite targets, might as well take brees

Comment

I could see one of the teams that has a developmental QB or is about to draft a rookie QB over paying to get Sproles..He could also go to a team that has the QB in place that knows how to go through all his progressions..That would seem to almost divide the NFL in half of the type of team that could use his services ..

Either way he seems to be a get RB to have coming out of the backfield however it would appear his window of opportunity is closing going into his 9th year and being 30 years old

Comment

Mark Schlereth just said on SC that the Broncos should take him to replace Knowshon.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

We already have Hillman to fill this role and with another year under his belt he should be even better. The only thing that Hillman is lacking is his ball control, other then that he is a very explosive runner and receiver
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I still prefer MJD, but could deal with Sproles. I cant stand Hillman.
                          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                            I still prefer MJD, but could deal with Sproles. I cant stand Hillman.
                            He has fumble issues but if you can look past that he is very talented. Has great vision, has a good bounce and runs very hard for a guy his size. He just needs to work on that ball control
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                              He has fumble issues but if you can look past that he is very talented. Has great vision, has a good bounce and runs very hard for a guy his size. He just needs to work on that ball control
                              Fumbling issues are a big deal.
                              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
                              X