Anything else coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything else coming?

We filled some big holes in the first two days of free agency, but it took out most of out cap space. I'm pretty sure we still have around 10 mil right now. We still have the draft to help solve some other issues but there are still some other opportunities we could jump on in free agency if it's the right price. I'm talking guys like Steve smith , Hakeem nicks , Darren sproles, MJD , D. Smith among others . So here's the question , is there anybody else that you think is or should be headed our way?

The NFL network interview with Elway...

He says they are still working on some moves towards the end! Hopefully a WR!
    Now go get your shine box

Comment

I'm kinda hoping for a WR too! Although, I'm pretty excited to see if Bubba will be able to handle a bigger role with Decker gone

Comment

Most likely a veteran WR, not really sure who though.

Comment

I think Hakeem nicks or Steve smith would both be fine . I would prefer Hakeem nicks though. It almost seems like he lost his drive to be great. I remember peyton saying that changing teams and changing his surroundings helped him stay interested and have fun with football. Hopefully it will be the same for nicks and that would be great because he's only 26 which means that he's probably unmotivated mentally instead of unable to do it physically

Comment

There are still a lots of players that haven't even been cut yet that we will have an opportunity to land. For the right deals I would like us to add any combination of LaFell, De La Puente, Daryl Smith/Spikes, Rogers, and bring back WW, Moreno, Ayers, and Champ.

Comment

I certainly hope so!

Thrilled at the moves so far but now Elway is going to really have to be a salesman. So far he has brought in big impact players with big contracts. Now comes the hard part. Filling the roster with minimum or budget contracts. The draft can not fill all the current holes.

Some positions are thin right now. Have to consider who steps in when someone gets injured for a couple of games.

Critical needs at this point IMO are:

- WR- Caldwell is a solid depth player but not a #2. Vet WR and a high draft will be needed. (Steve Smith please!)

- CB- another early round selection but a minimum vet is also needed. Too many question marks here. How will Harris return, What if Talib misses a couple of games. I expect Webster to improve but reliable, who knows.

-RB- Right now it is Ball.... and a shaky Hillman and an unknown CJ Anderson. Need another trustworthy vet or a very intelligent rookie to absorb the offense and protect Manning. I am skeptical the Broncos can rely on a late rounder or UDFA if Ball gets injured. But they may have to. Listening to interviews with "Insiders" have the Broncos wanting Ball to be the starter. To the point that Moreno most likely is gone at any price because they do not want him to stunt the growth of Ball. Not a huge fan of Moreno but his loss leaves a huge hole in the offense.

-Depth on the O-line. Clady returning is like adding another Pro Bowler. IMO it will help immensely. Would love to see the Broncos use an early draft pick on one of the top center/guard prospects for depth. Ramirez has the spot, but I would like to see the next center being groomed. A player that has played center for a few years not a convert to the position.

ILB- I know many want D. Smith or another vet. Not sure how realistic that will be with the remaining dollars. IMO too many other needs. I will not complain if it happens just do not see it as likely. Current LBs need to improve. Maybe a minimum priced vet or draft pick for depth. Not expecting a starter though.

Comment

Should have around 11m "remaining dollars", plenty of room. Hoping we holdo n to it and grab a late cut or two.
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

yes need a cheap veteran wr only have 3 on the roster right now...

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    I certainly hope so!

Thrilled at the moves so far but now Elway is going to really have to be a salesman. So far he has brought in big impact players with big contracts. Now comes the hard part. Filling the roster with minimum or budget contracts. The draft can not fill all the current holes.

Some positions are thin right now. Have to consider who steps in when someone gets injured for a couple of games.

Critical needs at this point IMO are:

- WR- Caldwell is a solid depth player but not a #2. Vet WR and a high draft will be needed. (Steve Smith please!)

- CB- another early round selection but a minimum vet is also needed. Too many question marks here. How will Harris return, What if Talib misses a couple of games. I expect Webster to improve but reliable, who knows.

-RB- Right now it is Ball.... and a shaky Hillman and an unknown CJ Anderson. Need another trustworthy vet or a very intelligent rookie to absorb the offense and protect Manning. I am skeptical the Broncos can rely on a late rounder or UDFA if Ball gets injured. But they may have to. Listening to interviews with "Insiders" have the Broncos wanting Ball to be the starter. To the point that Moreno most likely is gone at any price because they do not want him to stunt the growth of Ball. Not a huge fan of Moreno but his loss leaves a huge hole in the offense.

-Depth on the O-line. Clady returning is like adding another Pro Bowler. IMO it will help immensely. Would love to see the Broncos use an early draft pick on one of the top center/guard prospects for depth. Ramirez has the spot, but I would like to see the next center being groomed. A player that has played center for a few years not a convert to the position.

ILB- I know many want D. Smith or another vet. Not sure how realistic that will be with the remaining dollars. IMO too many other needs. I will not complain if it happens just do not see it as likely. Current LBs need to improve. Maybe a minimum priced vet or draft pick for depth. Not expecting a starter though.
                    I am very concerned about three/four positions:

1. CB: Talib and the other CB's currently on the roster are great options but many have had injuries or are rookies. We need a vet and a HIGH draft pick to fill this depth hole.

2. RB: Ball & Anderson will make a great tandem. We are missing another guy who can compliment them.

3. Tackle/ Guard: This is a big question mark for me. If the team decides to move Franklin to Guard then we have a HUUUUGE void at tackle. If Orlando moves to Guard that means that Clark will likely move to right tackle. This is a problem, like it or not. Clady has been hurt two seasons in a row both season ending. Clark has come in and done a great job as a #2 but if he goes to RT then we are without a backup LT. There are many different scenarios which could play out here but this is a difficult one to predict.

I am not as concerned about WR's. With the deeper draft class plus some of our PS guys I think we can easily get a good WR or two cheaply

Comment

If Clark is at RT and Clady gets hurt, Clark just goes to LT and Franklin back to RT...think 3 guys (with two able to handle LT) should ne sufficient. Painter can play RT too.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        If Clark is at RT and Clady gets hurt, Clark just goes to LT and Franklin back to RT...think 3 guys (with two able to handle LT) should ne sufficient. Painter can play RT too.
                        So in that scenario we keep a LG as our backup/ depth/ draft need?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          So in that scenario we keep a LG as our backup/ depth/ draft need?
                          If you add Painter, I think we have 6 quality ol guys. A couple more interior guys will be needed, maybe a vet and a pickk. Believe we have a couple future contracts already signed too.

Comment

I would like to get a Guard but I would understand if the Broncos feel we do not need to sign a guy with experience.

Personally I feel we need to sign someone who can play MLB.

Also we need depth at WR, CB (imo another starter type guy would be awesome so Harris can do his thing in the slot), and RB

I am still riding the MJD train but not sure if it is ever going to stop at Bronco Nation

Think we should get the MLB asap but I could see the Broncos waiting until later to get the rest of our needs for cheap.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoth View Post
                              We filled some big holes in the first two days of free agency, but it took out most of out cap space. I'm pretty sure we still have around 10 mil right now. We still have the draft to help solve some other issues but there are still some other opportunities we could jump on in free agency if it's the right price. I'm talking guys like Steve smith , Hakeem nicks , Darren sproles, MJD , D. Smith among others . So here's the question , is there anybody else that you think is or should be headed our way?
                              If I had to guess, I would say that Elway is targeting Steve Smith and Sproles. With Decker leaving to the Jets, Denver needs a solid player to fill the gap. Sproles would be an immediate upgrade over Holliday on the ST. IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X