No announcement yet.

what's up with Knowshon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would bring him back for sure on a cheap contract - RBs get used up so quickly that there is no longer a market for a rotational back. Hillman has shown nothing, if he had to this point I would be satisfied with what we have.

Comment

Havent heard much but seems the FO wants to go with Ball.

Not sure KnoMo would accept a 3rd down role.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
        To be Honest,i think Moreno was our best RB.I haven't seen anything from the other RBs that leads me to believe they will be better.I like Hillman, but he can't hang on to the football.I would sign him for friendly contract if he comes back.
        Be fair though BSD. Knowshon gave us much frustration before he became the back we knew at the end of last year. He was a fumbler as well and was almost never healthy. Until we benched him which lit a fire under his butt.

Hillman is still one of the youngest guys in the league probably not youngest anymore. But he's just a kid. He can hopefully overcome his issues and do some solid contributing for us in 2014

Comment

I like moreno but would prefer to see what ball, hillman, and cj can do
          sigpic
          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Balls does look more explosive and reads his blocks better. Moreno is a much better blocker in pass protection and is a better receiver out of the backfield. Denver is not going to pay Moreno big money. Hillman could be the 3rd down back answer if he learns to quit fumbling the football.

I would like to see some power running out of this offense. Especially if Franklin moves to guard then we would have some roadgraders in the middle. I think this would help offset the advantage Seattle has on defense.
            BMF

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco1577 View Post
              Balls does look more explosive and reads his blocks better. Moreno is a much better blocker in pass protection and is a better receiver out of the backfield. Denver is not going to pay Moreno big money. Hillman could be the 3rd down back answer if he learns to quit fumbling the football.

I would like to see some power running out of this offense. Especially if Franklin moves to guard then we would have some roadgraders in the middle. I think this would help offset the advantage Seattle has on defense.
              Personally...I see the RB order as completely up in the air after Ball as the most likely starter. They have CJ, Hillman, and Jerodis Williams on the roster after ball. I expect them to bring in 2 more through the draft or FA. It's anyone's job to lose, imo, for the 2 or 3 backup jobs. I could see a later round (or UDFA) player such as Ben Malena, James White, Jerick McKinnon, or Lorenzo Taliaferra making the team.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                While I would love to see us bring Knowshon back, what would that tell Ball? I actually think Ball could be a great RB, maybe even better than Knowshon. To bring Knowshon back would put Ball to second string as Moreno would be the higher priced RB. We also have CJ Anderson who has shown flashes of being a good RB himself. The FO has not quite given up on Hillman either. Hillman is cheep, so unless they need the roster spot for someone else, Hillman will be on the roster. It is also possable we pick up a RB in the 3rd round of the draft for added depth.

I believe the first two rounds are locked up on Defense and a WR to replace Decker. Caldwell while showing he can be a decent Receiver is no replacement for Decker. Caldwell is more for depth. Who ever we target in the first two rounds need to be able to come in and start right away. We don't have the luxary of being able to let them develope slowly as this is likely Mannings last year. If Manning returns for 2015, it could cost us Brock Osweller as he is already going on his third season on a four year rookie deal. So the window for Manning to get another ring is closing rapidly.
                Just because Moreno potentially comes back and might make more money doesn't mean he'll be our #1 back. Ball is on his rookie contract and Moreno would receive a vet's min. at least. If Moreno came back Ball would still be #1 and Moreno would be the primary backup and come in on mainly passing downs.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

On one hand I'd love to bring Moreno back. On the other it would stunt Ball's growth (whoops that sounds dirty).

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    Personally...I see the RB order as completely up in the air after Ball as the most likely starter. They have CJ, Hillman, and Jerodis Williams on the roster after ball. I expect them to bring in 2 more through the draft or FA. It's anyone's job to lose, imo, for the 2 or 3 backup jobs. I could see a later round (or UDFA) player such as Ben Malena, James White, Jerick McKinnon, or Lorenzo Taliaferra making the team.
                    Lorenzo Taliaferra my sleeper for RB too, nice call. Jerodis has some skills also and as a bonus returns kicks (well, at 35.9 yards in college). At the end of the day I think we see a late pick/UDFA RB to compete with the 4 we have.
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                      Be fair though BSD. Knowshon gave us much frustration before he became the back we knew at the end of last year. He was a fumbler as well and was almost never healthy. Until we benched him which lit a fire under his butt.

Hillman is still one of the youngest guys in the league probably not youngest anymore. But he's just a kid. He can hopefully overcome his issues and do some solid contributing for us in 2014
                      Moreno had some great runs when he first came in loads of nice plays he had an issue holding onto the ball. Hillman on the other hand has had awful YPC. Moreno last offseason really looked after his health and underwent stem cell treatment for his knee. It appeared to have worked wonders. I am glad he got himself back to the player he once was. The one thing the Broncos will need to consider with Moreno is if they do bring him back..if...will having a capable and now quite consistent back stunt Ball's growth as a player and potential starter?

For me I like the tandem of CJ Anderson & Monte Ball. I can see us drafting or picking up a UDFA bigger back in the later rounds or potentially picking up a late cheap and cheerful bigger back in FA.

I think Hillman should be converted to our return guy. I bet he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                        To be Honest,i think Moreno was our best RB.I haven't seen anything from the other RBs that leads me to believe they will be better.I like Hillman, but he can't hang on to the football.I would sign him for friendly contract if he comes back.
                        Ball was way more explosive and was the much better runner last year IMO- he averaged almost half a yard more per carry as well. Knowshon was a more polished/complete back when you consider his pass protection and receiving skills but think about where Knowshon was his rookie year and where Ball was his rookie year....

Comparing their rookie years, Ball is averaging almost a yard per carry more. Elway drafted Ball to replace Moreno and that's exactly what is happening.

I do think we some more depth at runningback though but that's what the draft and digging through the undrafted rookie free agents is for....

Comment

Personally, I would like to see them bring back Moreno, and put Hillman out to pasture....

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                            I see that talent in Anderson. IMO He is a more natural power runner and has a elite sense of balance. I think we should stick with the talented young RB we have gathered
                            Agreed.
                            Knowshon will be of value to a team that desperately needs a back. He plays hard, is a class guy and has NFL experience in both regular season and postseason play. There are teams out there that need this kind of player.

Comment

Knowshon is the better runningback out of all three. I think CJ has the most talent. I think Ball has the most power but he can't turn the corner to save his life and a top runningback can do more than run between the tackles/around the edges (Hillman). When Ball catches the ball out of he backfield he has no chance to do anything because he's not explosive enough. I say bring back Knowshon and let him compete with Ball and CJ for PLAYING TIME not a starting spot. Nobody we have on our roster should start everydown at RB, except for maybe CJ. Hillman is trash, he's like Chris Johnson in 2013. He's not the answer. He's not the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
                                Personally, I would like to see them bring back Moreno, and put Hillman out to pasture....
                                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                                X