Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positions of need for Denver & the Prospects who could fill them w/n the 1st 4 rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positions of need for Denver & the Prospects who could fill them w/n the 1st 4 rounds

Positions of need for Denver & the Prospects who could fill them w/n the 1st 4 rounds
    Here's my list boyz of who I would target if I was Elway.

Linebacker- Denver chose not to re-sign their veterans, leaving a void in the middle of the defense.

Round 1, Pick 31:Ryan Shazier*, ILB/OLB, Ohio State
    Round 2, Pick 63:Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin / Christian Jones, OLB/ILB, Florida State
    Round 3, Pick 95: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford / Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
    Round 4, Pick 127:Lamin Barrow, ILB/OLB, LSU

Cornerback- The Broncos let DRC walk, released future HOF Champ Bailey and are hoping starter Chris Harris is the same guy he was before he tore his ACL.

Round 1, Pick 31:Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech / Bradley Roby*, CB, Ohio State
    Round 2, Pick 63:Marcus Roberson*, CB, Florida
    Round 3, Pick 95:Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State /Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida
    Round 4, Pick 127:Philip Gaines, CB, Rice

Wide receiver- Eric Decker's departure to the New York Jets, left an opening in Denver's high-octane offense.

Round 1, Pick 31:Brandin Cooks*, WR, Oregon State / Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
    Round 2, Pick 63:Jarvis Landry*, WR, LSU
    Round 3, Pick 95:Donte Moncrief*, WR, Ole Miss
    Round 4, Pick 127:Martavius Bryant*, WR, Clemson / Bruce Ellington*, WR, South Carolina

Offensive Line- Keeping Peyton Manning on his feet is a top priority for the Broncos. IMO Denver lost the Super Bowl because of the O-Line inability to give Peyton a clean pocket. With All-Pro LT R. Clady returning and a possible shift of lineman it should be a very good O-line again they just need to add depth.

Round 1, Pick 31:Xavier Su'a-Filo**, G, UCLA
    Round 2, Pick 63:Cyrus Kouandjio*, OT, Alabama / Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Round 3, Pick 95:Dakota Dozier, G, Furman
    Round 4, Pick 127:Seantrel Henderson, OT/G, Miami

Defensive End- As the whole world saw on Super Bowl Sunday you can never have enough pass rushers. We should have one of the most elite pass rushes in the NFL next year but, Of the 5 pass rushers on the roster now(D. Ware, D. Wolfe, M. Jackson, Q. Smith,& V. Miller) only M. Jackson played all 16 games last year. Adding depth and injury insurance is a must.

Round 1, Pick 31:Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri / Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn
    Round 2, Pick 63:Marcus Smith, DE/OLB, Louisville / Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina
    Round 3, Pick 95:Aaron Lynch*, DE, South Florida / Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
    Round 4, Pick 127:James Gayle, DE/OLB, Virginia Tech
    Last edited by munoz1987; 03-15-2014, 10:15 PM.
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

I'm sticking with the Derek Wolfe-like trade down into the top part of the second round, pick up an early fourth, and take Chris Borland to solidify the MLB position once and for all.

I still think another corner, maybe Utah's Keith McGill that gives the Broncos another corner with more size
    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 03-15-2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I'm sticking we are going to see a move up for an elite prospect. So many holes being filled via FA, thinking we grab 1 guy we want top 15. Get 4-5 late picks for depth.

I am think we also like 3-4 guys on PS/Future contracts to provide depth.
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Well with the E. Sanders signing I can remove my WR prospects from the list, well at least the 1st-3rd round guys.

Comment

Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
          Well with the E. Sanders signing I can remove my WR prospects from the list, well at least the 1st-3rd round guys.
          Disagree. Still need a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Moncrief, Robinson, Mathews are probably top choices for end of the second round. Brandon Coleman possibly in the third. Not a field stretcher but good value. Bryant is intriguing because of his physical talent but needs work as a receiver. Same could be said for L'Damian Washington from Mizzou
          Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Could be a 1-year deal.

Still need another WR regardless imo.

Just maybe not a Round 1 need if he is indeed signed.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
              I'm sticking we are going to see a move up for an elite prospect. So many holes being filled via FA, thinking we grab 1 guy we want top 15. Get 4-5 late picks for depth.

I am think we also like 3-4 guys on PS/Future contracts to provide depth.
              I respect your opinion but in a draft with this much talent why waste the picks? We may miss out on 2-3 impact players to move up and get one? This is not the draft to trade up in, when the first 2 rounds are first round rated talents you want to get more in that draft not less
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Without getting into all the different prospects in different rounds

1. LB Mosley (21),DE Ealy (23),FS Pryor (25) WR Cooks (27)

In that order imo would be the top of the Broncos draft board..To avoid confusion those players are marked in red because of the very limited chance that they will available at the 31st pick at best 1 out of 4

Everyone will have a difference of opinion..Here's how I would list the options on what to do with the 31st pick .. I'll list the top 4 imo the 5th option being a dark horse..The players listed in green have the higher big board ranking that corresponds with 31st..It becomes a matter of speculation about which of the 5 positions the Broncos should address with the 31st pick MLB,DE,CB,WR,OL,

1.DE Ealy(23),Crichton (43)
                2.LB Trade up Mosley(21),Draft Shazier (28)
                3.CB Fuller (33),Roby (35),Verrett (30)
                4.WR Cooks (27), Matthews (58)
                5.OG Filo(24),Yankey (37),Jackson (50) trade up for Pryor,

*Note deep WR Class Benjamin (32) Robinson (34) I didn't list them in the top 5 because few seem to be mentioning on here in comparison..When looking at from that prescriptive..

Shazier,the CB's,WR's have the highest value(1-2) followed by Yankey (1-2),

(2) DE Crichton,OG Jacskon,WR Matthews

Comment

My list of needs and potential fill ins:

CB:
                  Marcus Roberson
                  Jaylen Watkins
                  Kieth McGill
                  Stanley Jean-Baptiste

OG:
                  Zach Martin
                  Xavier S'ua Filo
                  Gabe Jackson
                  Dakota Dozier

WR:
                  Jordan Matthews
                  Allen Robinson
                  Donte Moncrief
                  Paul Richardson

MLB:
                  Christian Jones
                  Shane Skov
                  Prince Shembo
                  Chris Borland

RB:
                  Sankey
                  Hill
                  Freeman
                  Taliaferro

DE:
                  Kony Ealy
                  Jeremiah Attaochu
                  Dee Ford
                  Trent Murphy

My prefered draft:
                  Trade down
                  2. WR Matthews
                  2. DE Attaochu
                  3. RB Sankey
                  4. OG Richardson
                  4. MLB Jones
                  Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                    My prefered draft:
                    Trade down
                    2. WR Matthews
                    2. DE Attaochu
                    3. RB Sankey
                    4. OG Richardson
                    4. MLB Jones
                    All morning long not once did I think about the option of trading down !

Comment

Does anyone remember Lenny Walls? That's who I think of when ppl bring up Kieth McGill & Stanley Jean-Baptiste, they ain't physical enough from all the reports I've read on them. They're not R . Sherman n he's a product of having 2 All-Pros at safety, a dominant D - line, and holding.

Comment

Does anyone remember Lenny Walls? That's who I think of when ppl bring up Kieth McGill & Stanley Jean-Baptiste, they ain't physical enough from all the reports I've read on them..
                        Yes using the best and the worst players to compare other players with

It happens on a daily basis on here and it can be used to support anyone's opinion

Comment

Chris Borland would give us a starting MLB for the next 10 years.

I'd love to trade down a bit and take Borland and a CB in our 2nd round. Followed up by Moncrief in the 3rd and a o-lineman in the 4th.

Comment

Does anyone remember Lenny Walls? That's who I think of when ppl bring up Kieth McGill & Stanley Jean-Baptiste, they ain't physical enough from all the reports I've read on them. They're not R . Sherman n he's a product of having 2 All-Pros at safety, a dominant D - line, and holding.
                            On SJB, yes he goes through spells where you wish he'd remember he was 215, but then there are times where he shows that physicality. Remember he was a WR convert his sophomore year, and only has 1y as a full time starter, and has made improvement each year. Putting him around bangers like Talib, Ward, and Webster will most likely help in that physicality department.
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Question about running backs

I am not a follower of college football and all these mock drafts, so please forgive me asking this question. I think what Denver needs to add a dangerous dimension to this team is a big, strong back with decent speed. I have criticized Moreno because he didn't have hardly any speed and rarely (if ever) broke into the open field.

It looks like Ball is more talented than Moreno was and I'm excited to see him play. But he lacks true break-away speed.

Is speed not everything when it comes to RBs? I want someone who has toughness, can play every down and is quick. Hillman is fast, but he's small and gets knocked around easily.

I know the NFL is not like Madden, but I traded Montee Ball for DeMarco Murray because Murray is big and has speed.

Is there someone in the draft that has these two qualities?

Comment

Working...
                              X