Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonco's Roster Has 4 Cornerbacks... Is That Enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonco's Roster Has 4 Cornerbacks... Is That Enough?

Talib, Harris, Webster and T. Carter is all the roster shows at CB; we need 5-6 CB's on the final roster. Omar Bolden could be a 5th, currently he is listed as a S.

This says that the Broncos will have to draft a CB and still sign one from FA and a 3rd rounder is not high enough for the caliber they will need now and the near future. A 1st or 2nd at the latest is needed without another FA signing.

Am I wrong?
    sigpic

No I agree we definitely target one early in the draft and it's certainly possible we sign another vet. I would love McGill or Jean-Baptiste with our 2nd.

Especially given Harris coming off injury, even though it wasn't as severe as it could have been, Webster still being unproven and Carter seeming more inconsistent.
    A book I wrote

Comment

I think we should try to get Keith McGill, he seems to be the most fluid of the big corners. He could be potentially had for a 3rd, and potentially he reminds me most of Sherman of the big corners.

A good pass rush will hide bad coverage, but I think our group of four is easily top 10 in the league. Maybe Webster takes a step or two.

As long as Von and Ware stay healthy we shouldn't have to worry about our defensive backs.
      Denver Broncos GM
      Originally posted by Mosk
      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

We will draft at least one, then bring in either some unsigned free agents and some undrafted free agents
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

we signed Jerome Murphy and Charles Mitchell to contracts at the end of the season as well as the 5 that u stated

Comment

I like McGill at the end of the 2nd; he is likely a 1 year project but great upside considering his size... fits. Baptiste is a little slow but he won't be there at the end of the 3rd, fine with him at the end of second.
            sigpic

Comment

We play a lot of nickel.

We had 6 corners last season.

Talib is talented, but injury prone.

Harris is coming off a torn ACL.

No it isn't enough.
              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by killacal View Post
                we signed Jerome Murphy and Charles Mitchell to contracts at the end of the season as well as the 5 that u stated
                Both Mitchell and Murphy are listed as DB's. Maybe they are corners, maybe they are safety's. Do you know about these guys?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                  Both Mitchell and Murphy are listed as DB's. Maybe they are corners, maybe they are safety's. Do you know about these guys?
                  Murphy is actually a really talented cb. He excels in man to man press coverage. Mitchell is a safety. In reality we will draft a corner for sure, bring in at least 2 UDFA corners and another possible FA will be signed
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

It does look like Murphy could compete at CB, especially against a Tony Carter... He is 2010 3rd rounder for STL. Not somebody they can count on being a #4 at CB. Still need another prospect and/or "solid veteran"
                    sigpic

Comment

No.

Most likely draft one within the top 2-3 rounds.

Maybe sign a vet after the draft, and a UDFA or two.

Murphy is a little intriguing but very unproven.

Comment

No it isn't. Still need at least one more talented CB. We should take one in the first 3-4 rounds.

Seen a lot of talk about McGill and Baptiste. Neither would surprise me. Seems we're valuing physical play at the position. There's a number of corners projected in rounds 1-4 who are at least 5-11 with some athleticism.

Ideally, we could trade down from the first and pick up an extra third and address CB, OG, MLB, and WR all in the first 3 rounds. Could also leave open a great value pick.
                        Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

I keep coming back to Dennard. He is a ready to play CB and pushes Webster and Carter to reserve roles. Best press corner in the draft IMO. IF we get a shot at him, I think we should take it...not a tough call.

I have also been an advocate of McGill, but doubt he last to our 2nd with big CBs all the rage these days.
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                            I keep coming back to Dennard. He is a ready to play CB and pushes Webster and Carter to reserve roles. Best press corner in the draft IMO. IF we get a shot at him, I think we should take it...not a tough call.

I have also been an advocate of McGill, but doubt he last to our 2nd with big CBs all the rage these days.
                            Dennard is exactly the kind of corner I think we will be looking at. A tough, physical press corner who can abuse wr on the outside
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Its already been said but No. Beyond Talib and Harris (which is a great pair) there is nothing to write home about.

Theres a bunch of guys early in the draft we'll probably take a look at.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Working...
                              X